• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Câmera Mod GCAM

Search This thread

pshnd

Jun 20, 2016
Novi Sad
facebook.com
Hey guys! I'm considering getting this phone for my wife, so I'm wondering if the HAL3 is enabled by default like on Nokia phones (and if yes on what level) or it needs to be enabled via adb? :)

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

MotoGix

Jul 31, 2016
Hey guys! I'm considering getting this phone for my wife, so I'm wondering if the HAL3 is enabled by default like on Nokia phones (and if yes on what level) or it needs to be enabled via adb? :)

You don't need to enable anything: Moto One has the maximum level of hw support for camera2 api.
See attached "Camera2 probe" screenshot.

Sent from my Motorola One using XDA Labs

Reactions: pshnd

MotoGix

Jul 31, 2016
So it's same as with Nokia. Thanks a lot for the info! [emoji16]

I forgot to mention that time exposure is limited to 1/3s (the Nokia one is up to 4s, I presume).

The lack of optical (or even digital) stabilization, further limits the usable range of time exposure, unless you use a tripod...

MotoGix

Jul 31, 2016
I am currently using this:
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk

I tried several versions and this one is good enough (the best I have found, in my opinion). Slow motion even works.

Main bugs:
- no Google lens menu
- poor quality audio
- WB not working.

If you decide to go for this one, the first time you'll open it you have to select the shortcut "take a selfie". The following times, you can simply tap the icon, as usual.

Top Liked Posts