• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google Camera Mod - Portrait mode enabled and working!

Search This thread

riirezende

Nov 2, 2014
Is not possible to use BSG Modes?
SlowShutter is very good to take shots in low lights

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Is not possible to use BSG Modes?
SlowShutter is very good to take shots in low lights

Skchhaiya

Mar 15, 2018
Portrait mode of the apk. Is not working in my Samsung Galaxy s8 plus.

Canera nx is working normally but when i turn on portrait mode, apk crashes sometimes and if it works fine then when i click photo in portrait mode it won't save. Insort it's not working if there's any solution them guide me.

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Samsung Galaxy S20
Yes I have v6 working but neither of the v7 betas work
Well it's got all the features, just enable them in advanced settings.

I haven't tried the v7s but remember that development in that thread is to make this app compatible for other devices mostly. Now I don't know what else they can do as far as refinements and features but parts of source were released so I'm not sure what's possible.

I do know v6 is good to go, I'd suggest wiping app data between versions and fully closing the app between changes made within the app to make them stick.

Good luck, the pixel camera imo still is one of the best cameras in a mobile today.

acidspider

I haven't tried the v7s but remember that development in that thread is to make this app compatible for other devices mostly. Now I don't know what else they can do as far as refinements and features but parts of source were released so I'm not sure what's possible.

I do know v6 is good to go, I'd suggest wiping app data between versions and fully closing the app between changes made within the app to make them stick.

Good luck, the pixel camera imo still is one of the best cameras in a mobile today.

Wiping cache and data between versions does not work either, that includes deleting of permissions folders too, v6 Wil do untill the issue is fixed

Reactions: ChongoDroid

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Samsung Galaxy S20
The only time you'll need root is if the signature of the modded app matches that of the google camera app. That's because if it does match, it will try and update the stock google camera with the modded one (which will fail) so you'd need to remove the Google camera with root.

V6 has a different signature and therefore can be installed beside the stock google camera. I haven't tried v7 yet.

Reactions: brandaopj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original post by Charles_I: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3477980

https://chromloop.com/2017/12/apk-enable-portrait-mode-nexus-5x6p-og-pixel-phone-google-camera-mod/

Camera NX V7.3 is a Google Camera mod, which is modified to unlock most of the exclusive features of Pixel 2 for Nexus 2015 and original Pixel phones. with this updated version, you can get the Portrait mode working with Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and Pixel 2016 phones, which was the last Pixel 2’s exclusive feature.

Portrait mode was the most wanted feature for Nexus and Pixel 2016 users. I have considered that Portrait mode is a hardware limiting feature, it requires a special type of image data called PD (Pixel detector?) to enable Portrait mode, but some said Portrait mode can be active with front camera, I began to thinking that this feature should be able to work in software way which we can force to enable it on other phones. Turns out, Google uses PD data to calculate portrait effect on the Back lens while use software method on the Front lens.

We need the camera.experiment2017 library to active the Pixel 2 exclusive functions. thanks to the*Apk changer, the first tool which can deodex the Android 8.1 odex files. I force to enable the PD data model in the camera.experiment2017 library, which is telling camera app to enable Portrait mode. Portrait mode will replace the Lens-blur mode in the menu, it provides the face-retouching feature on both front and back camera, and it needs a human face to do the portrait effect job, it will take two burst photos, one is normal ZSL HDR+ photos, the other is applied the portrait effect. if no human face shows up, you will get one normal photo.

https://chromloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Portrait-mode-on-Nexus-5X-with-Camera-NX-mod.png

Camera NX V7.3 is based on Google Camera 5.1.016, why not the latest 5.1.018 version? because they are the same app with different version numbers. I decide to disable the Google photos combination, as it has the black screen issue, though this issue can be solved by totally replace the original Google camera in the system, it needs the same signature and provider name. I also remove the Help and Feedback in settings, and disable the silence feedback service, to make the app launching a little faster.

The new version was tested on my Nexus 5X, should work on Nexus 6P and Pixel 2016 phones too. I will also provide the modified AR Sticker and AR Core app for Nexus 5X/6P, you can use it without change phone model or add files to the system, you can use other AR sticker mod if you like. I was thinking AR Core is still in beta status, bugs like upside down photo on Nexus 5X, too many things need to be fixed in the future, so no need to make it perfect at this moment.

Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BH9NBHdPnVTMpr8ZuHE1zdOoxyv1HV-o

NOZSL version will come later.
    V7.4 Update is out.
    Base on Google Camera 5.2
    1. Bring back HDR+ on Nexus 5X/6P.
    2. Add Lens Blur mode.
    3. EIS should be back to normal on Pixel 1, as EIS will be disabled with 4K quality with official version.
    4. Active Google photos combination to view results again on enhanced version.
    Details and download link for V7.4
    Works for me just with the frond cam. With my rear cam I only have one pic.

Has to have a human face in the picture.
    Is there a version with portrait mode and Live Mode enabled?

Yes :good:

Wiping cache and data between versions does not work either, that includes deleting of permissions folders too, v6 Wil do untill the issue is fixed