• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google Camera mod with switchable telephoto/wide-angle rear lens version

Search This thread

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
Thank you so much @fu24 for Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01h! It is working wonderfully on my LG v20 H918 on Oreo. This is one of the most stable and working versions of GCam 6.1 that I've seen so far. (especially for my front camera! No more green tint, and the Pixel 3XL mode works great!) The last stable version I was able to use was all the way back in MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V1d_fu24-01g.apk
Some issues I've noticed though:
1. The highest resolution usually available for 16:9 ratio photo capture is missing for both the back cameras and front camera. For instance, I can usually get 12 megapixels for the back camera (which is a 16 megapixel sensor) in 16:9 ratio, but with this GCam version, I can only get 9.7 megapixels.
2. Night Sight occasionally crashes on the main 16 megapixel back camera when in a low light area. I don't seem to have the same issue with the front camera or ultra-wide-angle camera. Not sure what could be causing this... maybe a buffering issue?
3. Zooming in to 2-3x zoom and taking a picture can sometimes crash the camera during processing. Not sure if this is related to Hexagon DSP.
4. When not using the "Google Photos" option for the gallery, if I click on the button to take me to Google Photos, it always crashes the app. I've had to default to using Google Photos for this reason. Not a huge deal by any means, but something I noticed and thought I should bring up.
5. It seems to "confuse" the main camera with the secondary auxiliary camera a lot when it comes back to the main screen. It claims that it's on the "main" lens, but it's actually on the auxiliary lens.
6. Since I only have two rear lenses, if I use the "viewfinder button" and click Aux 2, it crashes the app and the app no longer works. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the Aux 2 option.

1. This should be caused by the real resolution added by Arnova8G2. But I am not willing to modify it back to the original.
2 , 3 and 4. Since I don't have this problem. So...........
5. I noticed it. But for me this doesn't happen very often. I still don't know why it happened.
6 There are two ways to close the AUX2 button. Turn off the "Enale 2nd Aux back camera button". And there is another option in the 2nd Aux back camera setting "Disable 2nd Auxillary camera" (also for long press mode)

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
In regards to #6, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable 2nd Auxillary camera. (It's not available under the Auxiliary settings or anywhere else that I can see)

fu24

Aug 11, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-27-14-21-25-015_org.codeaurora.snapcam.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-27-14-21-25-015_org.codeaurora.snapcam.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 505

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
Don't have this option? Still not working?

That is correct. It seems that since the setting is hidden inside of the "2nd aux camera" settings menu, I can't see it on my phone so that I can disable it. (I only have two cameras on the back)

On another note, I've noticed some buffer/lag issues with the main 16 megapixel camera on the LG v20 (even when not using Night Sight). It seems to happen right after taking a picture on HDR+. (this wasn't really an issue with your GCam 5.1 and 5.2 versions) I've tried playing around with different base settings to see what might help in this matter, but so far I haven't found one that gets GCam 6.1 to be more speedy on this camera. I'm thinking maybe GCam 5.1 and 5.2 had a few less frames to stitch together by default.

Edit 1: I've been testing it, and I noticed that disabling Hexagon DSP does seem to help make it so the main 16 megapixel camera doesn't lag as much right after pressing the shutter button.

Last edited:

Yerry

Mar 16, 2008
panorama/photosphere resolution

Nice, but why panorama/photosphere resolution is so low?

Please change to High, or make user adjustable.

Thanks

sagor1

Mar 25, 2012
@fu24 hey brother chould you plz add option to chose 9.3mp (16:9) option in your port?
Have been using cstark ver but after updating lg g6 to pie i want to use Nightsight & i like your version quite a lot.

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
@fu24 Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. So for my LG V20, I was able to get Hexagon DSP to work well by selecting the "Allow Unknown Devices" checkbox under experimental features. I can finally zoom-in and take a picture without the phone crashing. Before this, I had to turn off Hexagon DSP to get that feature to work. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier. Hopefully it helps someone.

Edit: This method still isn't perfect as it still causes more crashes/lag on the main lens, but it does fix the zoom-in feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: fu24

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
I've noticed a strange bug in which the "shortcuts" in Android for Portrait/Selfie Lens seem to cause crashes soon after loading the app. One way to get around this is to have the app already loaded in the background. It would seem to have something to do with the timing of the loading.

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
Update. Telephoto and wide-angle lens switchable versions.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78002404&postcount=1

3. This is based on MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk, by BSG

MGC_6.1.021_V2e-fu24_Aux3way_4Lens-04h-dual.apk (Updated on 2019.10.21 )
Package name: com.Dual.GCam

Changelog:
* Fixed green tint and noise reduction. Credits Savitar and Wyroczen. And add the "Fix Green Tint" toggle option in FIX.
* Add the "Enable real resolution" toggle option.
# This was originally added to the Arnova8G2. But I added the toggle to decide whether to apply it.
# If you have a problem about the resolution, try closing this option (the default is enabled)
* Add "Separation Auxiliary Camera Photo Resolution" toggle option.
# Suitable for auxiliary lenses that cannot access settings, but require 16:9 resolution.
* Add "Delay after Tap of Foucs" option.
# It can change the time to return to autofocus after tap of focus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. This is based on Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk, by Arnova8G2

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01p.apk(Updated on 2019.10.21 )
Package name: org.codeaurora.snapcam

Changelog:
* Fixed portrait return photo mode is forced to switch to the aux lens problem. ( and night sight )
* All lens saturation settings are separated.
* add the "Fix Green Tint" toggle option in FIX.
# This was originally added to the Arnova8G2. But I added the toggle to decide whether to apply it.
# If you have a problem about the resolution, try closing this option (the default is enabled)
# Suitable for auxiliary lenses that cannot access settings, but require 16:9 resolution.
* Fixed video stabilization for the Mi6.

Delay after Tap of Foucs
https://youtu.be/aklF2TZYy9U

Real Resolution
https://youtu.be/NV2g04aTJ8c

@PhantomAndroid @harysviewty @sagor1

Last edited:

-Zteam-

Oct 9, 2014
5. This is based on Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk, by Arnova8G2

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01p.apk(Updated on 2019.10.21 )
Package name: org.codeaurora.snapcam

Changelog:
* Fixed portrait return photo mode is forced to switch to the aux lens problem. ( and night sight )
* All lens saturation settings are separated.
* add the "Fix Green Tint" toggle option in FIX.
* Fixed video stabilization for the Mi6.
@PhantomAndroid @harysviewty @sagor1

Hi thanks for all your hard work!
Any advice on which magisk module to use to get this working on MIUI 11?

So far I tried
Mi6.all.in.one.Lite_hevc-v3.1.a.zip (taken from first post camera is just crashing)

And All in One Module MIUI 10 PIE- 24/06/2019 taken from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-6/themes/app-gcam-6-5-miui-10-roundup-t3859007 With this module gcam is working but there is no Auxiliary settings to be found nowhere (probably because different package in gcam)

SeLinux is set to permissive sucesfully :)

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
Hi thanks for all your hard work!
Any advice on which magisk module to use to get this working on MIUI 11?

So far I tried
Mi6.all.in.one.Lite_hevc-v3.1.a.zip (taken from first post camera is just crashing)

And All in One Module MIUI 10 PIE- 24/06/2019 taken from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-6/themes/app-gcam-6-5-miui-10-roundup-t3859007 With this module gcam is working but there is no Auxiliary settings to be found nowhere (probably because different package in gcam)

SeLinux is set to permissive sucesfully :)

Try.
60fps_miuiPIE_v4.zip
This was originally Alexey070315's 60fps_miuiPIE_stable_v4_stereo.zip,
Only modify the whitelist package name : com.dual.GCam, org.codeaurora.snapcam, com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Reactions: -Zteam-

-Zteam-

Oct 9, 2014
Try.
60fps_miuiPIE_v4.zip
This was originally Alexey070315's 60fps_miuiPIE_stable_v4_stereo.zip,
Only modify the whitelist package name : com.dual.GCam, org.codeaurora.snapcam, com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Thanks
Ended up adding org.codeaurora.snapcam, com.google.android.GoogleCamera to All in One Module MIUI 10 PIE- 24/06/2019 magisk module, working great now :D
You done an excellent job mate :)

yaroszek

Jan 13, 2013
Hello, I have problem with photos in auto mode without HDR. When I'm trying to make a photo in gallery I have nothing. When making photos with HDR everything is ok. Is this a bug or some settings can change it?

Top Liked Posts