Google Camera mod with switchable telephoto/wide-angle rear lens version

Search This thread

Adamk102

Feb 8, 2018
Pudliszki
@ fu24 do you deal with Gcam v7 and a mod for it? have you quit your job so far?

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
@ fu24 do you deal with Gcam v7 and a mod for it? have you quit your job so far?

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have not deal with GCam7.0 yet. I have always considered rest. But I have not made up my mind.

Plz provide gcam for realme 5 pro with switchable camera it my kind request

I don't have realme 5 pro, You are so simple to ask.
which version is currently working properly for your phone (only the auxiliary lens is not supported), without these instructions, I can hardly help you.

Gcam for xiaomi Mi 9 SE with Miui 11 Android Q (xiaomi.eu weekly) ?

I do not know. You should ask in the M9 SE group or forum.

Nice, but why panorama/photosphere resolution is so low?

Please change to High, or make user adjustable.

Thanks

The current preset should be high resolution. can it be higher?I don't know

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: AllStar5

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
Rear Camera Night Sight

@fu24 On Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01p.apk, there is definitely something odd happening with Night Sight with my rear camera on the LG v20. (front selfie camera works great)
"Sometimes," it takes the picture, seems to be processing it, then the process just disappears. In these instances, the picture never actually gets processed. There is no camera app crash or anything. I just don't get the actual picture.

On MGC_6.1.021_V2e-fu24_Aux3way_4Lens-04h-dual.apk, it doesn't seem to have this same problem with Night Sight. The picture seem to process fairly reliably. However, the viewfinder "sometimes" doesn't show up on Night Sight. I have to toggle back and forth to finally get it to show.

I can't quite figure out what the difference is that's causing these issues. Do you think the Back Camera "Model" would affect this? (I've tried Nexus 6P, Pixel 2 XL, and Pixel 3 XL base)

bonoshi

Nov 27, 2012
Thank you for all the hard work!

@fu24 Thank you for all the hard work!!

I believe there is a bug at least from MGC_6.1.021_V2e-fu24_Aux3way_4Lens-04h-dual. My Asus ZenFone 3 ZE520KL supports 16.3 MP (4:3) and it works perfectly except when HDR+ is turned off. Normally the camera produces a photo of 4656 x 3496 with HDR+ or HDR+ Enhanced. When HDR+ is turned off, a low resolution photo (1920 x 1440) is taken instead. There is no problem if other resolutions are used, such as 8 MP (4:3, 3264 x 2448). I imagine if HDR+ is able to work, it should also work when HDR+ is off.

I'm using Android 8.0.0 stock ROM without root.

Even if the bug cannot be fixed, if there is any way to support your project (say buying you a coffee or supporting a nonprofit), please let me know!

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
@fu24 On Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01p.apk, there is definitely something odd happening with Night Sight with my rear camera on the LG v20. (front selfie camera works great)
"Sometimes," it takes the picture, seems to be processing it, then the process just disappears. In these instances, the picture never actually gets processed. There is no camera app crash or anything. I just don't get the actual picture.

On MGC_6.1.021_V2e-fu24_Aux3way_4Lens-04h-dual.apk, it doesn't seem to have this same problem with Night Sight. The picture seem to process fairly reliably. However, the viewfinder "sometimes" doesn't show up on Night Sight. I have to toggle back and forth to finally get it to show.

I can't quite figure out what the difference is that's causing these issues. Do you think the Back Camera "Model" would affect this? (I've tried Nexus 6P, Pixel 2 XL, and Pixel 3 XL base)

These issues didn't happen on my phone. And I don't know the location of the code affecting these issues. So I may not be able to improve it.

@fu24 Thank you for all the hard work!!

I believe there is a bug at least from MGC_6.1.021_V2e-fu24_Aux3way_4Lens-04h-dual. My Asus ZenFone 3 ZE520KL supports 16.3 MP (4:3) and it works perfectly except when HDR+ is turned off. Normally the camera produces a photo of 4656 x 3496 with HDR+ or HDR+ Enhanced. When HDR+ is turned off, a low resolution photo (1920 x 1440) is taken instead. There is no problem if other resolutions are used, such as 8 MP (4:3, 3264 x 2448). I imagine if HDR+ is able to work, it should also work when HDR+ is off.

I'm using Android 8.0.0 stock ROM without root.

Even if the bug cannot be fixed, if there is any way to support your project (say buying you a coffee or supporting a nonprofit), please let me know!

This problem is a consequence of enabling real resolution. You can disable it.

Thank you for wanting to support me.
I have a stable job. I don't need it. Accepting any donation can be stressful. I don't want to be influenced by anyone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the problems caused by turning off HDR. I do n’t want to find a solution. For me, the photos taken by turning off HDR. The quality is worse than that of a stock camera. I ca n’t find any reason to use it

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
Update. Telephoto and wide-angle lens switchable versions.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78002404&postcount=1

5. This is based on Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk, by Arnova8G2

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-01r3.1.apk(Updated on 2019.12.09 )
Package name: org.codeaurora.snapcam

Changelog:
* Added auto exposure mode option.
# It is possible to change "Autoexposure correction" to time or multiples (like: GCam5.2).
#The application must be restarted after the change. The content of the "Autoexposure correction" option will change
* Added "Disable repeated taps". For viewfinder button mode.
# When enabled, clicking the current lens button will no longer restart the application.
* Added "Enable camera ID change" option.
# After enabling, you can change the auxiliary default camera ID in Aux camera settings.
# The main back camera default is 0. Front camera ID defaults is 1. 1st Aux back camera ID defaults is 2. 2nd Aux back camera defaults is 3. Front aux camera ID default is 4 ( For LG V40 ). For phones with 4 back lenses. Camera ID 4 is the 3rd aux lens.
* Move the viewfinder button to the bottom.
# Zoom ui and night vision and burst shooting reminders move up a bit.
* When the front auxiliary lens is not disabled. The outline of the thumbnail button will be blue.
* Change some default setting options.
# The save location is off by default.
* Added "Image processing Settings" option. Includes sharpness, Luma Denoise, Chroma Denoise, Aberrations. Thanks to marcello.
* Added "Restore Defaults" option. Thanks Alexey070315
# This is a function copied from the version of Alexey070315.
* Added manual focus slider function. Thanks Alexey070315. But I added that I no longer need to tap the screen when changing the manual focus slider.
# When you slide the manual focus slider, it will be executed in conjunction with "ReINIT Camera Session".
* There are other? I forgot.

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_223752.jpg
    IMG_20191207_223752.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 1,510
  • IMG_20191207_223710.jpg
    IMG_20191207_223710.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Screenshot_2019-12-07-22-33-01-810_org.codeaurora.snapcam.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-07-22-33-01-810_org.codeaurora.snapcam.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,394
  • Screenshot_2019-12-09-13-21-20-117_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-13-21-20-117_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    122 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Screenshot_2019-12-09-13-21-31-426_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-13-21-31-426_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    129 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-01-59-871_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-01-59-871_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,337
  • Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-01-19-904_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-01-19-904_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-52-10-761_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-19-52-10-761_org.codeaurora.snapcam.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,310
Last edited:

-Zteam-

Oct 9, 2014
Hello, I have problem with photos in auto mode without HDR. When I'm trying to make a photo in gallery I have nothing. When making photos with HDR everything is ok. Is this a bug or some settings can change it?

This bug seems to be resolved with latest Gcam mentioned in the post below :)

Changelog:
# It is possible to change "Autoexposure correction" to time or multiples (like: GCam5.2).
#The application must be restarted after the change. The content of the "Autoexposure correction" option will change
# When enabled, clicking the current lens button will no longer restart the application.
# After enabling, you can change the auxiliary default camera ID in Aux camera settings.
# The main back camera default is 0. Front camera ID defaults is 1. 1st Aux back camera ID defaults is 2. 2nd Aux back camera defaults is 3. Front aux camera ID default is 4 ( For LG V40 ). For phones with 4 back lenses. Camera ID 4 is the 3rd aux lens.
* When the front auxiliary lens is not disabled. The outline of the thumbnail button will be blue.
* Added "Image processing Settings" option. Includes sharpness, Luma Denoise, Chroma Denoise, Aberrations. Thanks to marcello.
* Added "Restore Defaults" option. Thanks Alexey070315 and namok.
# This is a function copied from the version of Alexey070315. But I think this should be modified by namok initially.
* Added manual focus slider function. Thanks Alexey070315. But I added that I no longer need to tap the screen when changing the manual focus slider.
# When you slide the manual focus slider, it will be executed in conjunction with "ReINIT Camera Session".

Thanks man, this version is absolutely outstanding :D
The mentioned issue, about no photo taken whenever HDR+ is set to off seems to be resolved (latest version is behaving perfectly on my Xiaomi Mi 6)
Everything else appear to be working perfectly too.

Lopess

Jan 30, 2011
Hello @fu24,
First at all I want to congratulate you for creating the best version of Gcam that exists. The Eszdman V4S library gives the best image quality I have ever seen. Since summer I have been using your latest versions for my Xiaomi Mi9 and Mi9T. Since November the Mi9 was updated to Android 10 Q after take photo the notification of "Processing HDR +" appears permanent (Need to kill the app process) and make other bugs related, like drain battery because the processing loop. If I deactivate the HDR + Option the same thing happens in your last version, besides the photo does not give so much quality. The Mi9T also get Xiaomi Miui 11 but still under Android 9 Pie and works without this problem.
Can the app be adapted to the new Android OS? I think that some other moder like Marco with her 6.1 does not give that problem for Android 10, but your version is unmatched!
If there is a possibility to correct it? The new GCam 7.2 of Parrot and Urnyx that are the most advanced, does not even give the same quality and outstanding HDR & Sharpness.

Last edited:
Reactions: mburaky06

mburaky06

Jul 29, 2019
Hello @fu24,
First at all I want to congratulate you for creating the best version of Gcam that exists. The Eszdman V4S library gives the best image quality I have ever seen. Since summer I have been using your latest versions for my Xiaomi Mi9 and Mi9T. Since November the Mi9 was updated to Android 10 Q after take photo the notification of "Processing HDR +" appears permanent (Need to kill the app process) and make other bugs related, like drain battery because the processing loop. If I deactivate the HDR + Option the same thing happens in your last version, besides the photo does not give so much quality. The Mi9T also get Xiaomi Miui 11 but still under Android 9 Pie and works without this problem.
Can the app be adapted to the new Android OS? I think that some other moder like Marco with her 6.1 does not give that problem for Android 10, but your version is unmatched!
If there is a possibility to correct it? The new GCam 7.2 of Parrot and Urnyx that are the most advanced, does not even give the same quality and outstanding HDR & Sharpness.

Same issue I am using havoc os (android 10) hdr+ stuck on process I really wanna try this mode

glangrmdon

Dec 17, 2019

Changelog:
* Added "Restore Defaults" option. Thanks Alexey070315
# This is a function copied from the version of Alexey070315.

Hello sorry, I have a problem with this version. Why does this gcam always force close after it's set? Maybe there is a solution to this problem. Thanks.

fu24

Aug 11, 2017
Since November the Mi9 was updated to Android 10 Q after take photo the notification of "Processing HDR +" appears permanent (Need to kill the app process) and make other bugs related, like drain battery because the processing loop. If I deactivate the HDR + Option the same thing happens in your last version, besides the photo does not give so much quality. The Mi9T also get Xiaomi Miui 11 but still under Android 9 Pie and works without this problem.
If there is a possibility to correct it?

I have asked another developer why this is the case.
He said it was because of an unofficial package name.
I will add another version using the original package name to correspond.
But if I use the original package name. You must Root and modify the AUX whitelist to use the auxiliary lens.

I will try to modify the zoomfix module to correspond to Android 10. But someone needs to be willing to test.

Hello sorry, I have a problem with this version. Why does this gcam always force close after it's set? Maybe there is a solution to this problem. Thanks.

you just write the problem so easily. No log is provided.
Even if there is a log. I may not be able to solve the problem. Because I am a novice.
Sorry I can't help you. I don't have this problem.

Reactions: AllStar5

fu24

Aug 11, 2017

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02.apk(Updated on 2019.12.30 )

Changelog:
* Added "Keep pre-switch mode". Used when "Direct switching mode" is disabled.
# After switching, maintain the same mode as before switching. Suitable for both front and back cameras.
# This was achieved using the "Default Launch Mode" of cstark27. Thanks to cstark27.
* Improved auxiliary camera disable mode.
# You will immediately return to the auxiliary lens when you return to other modes after accessing the disabled auxiliary lens mode.
# Back camera does not work in cycle mode.
* Fixed "Image processing Settings". And auxiliary lens settings will appear when "Direct Switch Mode" is not enabled. Thank xtrme.
# Move "Libs" into "Image processing Settings".
* Added "cycle" in auxiliary lens switching method. again.
# Control the back lens when long press the camera switch button. Long press the thumbnail button to control the front lens.
* Video can also use cycle switching method. Slow motion is also suitable for long press.
* Improve "Delay after tap of focus".
# Now works for night singht mode and BSG Config. Thank Alexey070315.
* "Focus Tracking" and "Refocus Fix" can be enabled at the same time. No more conflicts and interference.
* Fixed black screen when GCam is turned on by the third application. Thanks Alexey070315 for finding the cause of the bug.
* Move the section to set the option position. To reduce the need to restart the application.
* Fixed launching GCam with selfie shortcut not taking photos.
* Improved restart of changing setting value.
# Restart after changing the setting value. You must leave the setting menu to activate.

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02-A10.apk(Updated on 2019.12.30 )
Package name: com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Changelog:
* Same as above.
* Change the package name to correspond to android 10.
# Root is required if you want to use a aux lens. And modify the whitelist.
Or try "Zoomfix_4.0-pie" or hal3_eis_zoomfix_v4-pie module. Since I'm not on Android 10. I can't be sure that the module will work properly.
** According to sipollo. The white list of auxiliary cameras for some Xiaomi phones is no longer in "build.prop". Instead, it is in the xml file in the system / etc / device_features folder. The file name is the device codename.
Thanks to sipollo for providing useful information.

"Keep pre-switch mode" demo video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDAtf6xvi24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWKYRym0Znc

How to set the resolution to 16: 9 when the auxiliary lens cannot access the settings.
demo video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw-UdnXxnrU

Attachments

• davinci.xml
    21.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
Thanks @fu24 for the new version! (Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02.apk) It's working pretty well so far! Definitely appreciate the shortcuts for selfies/portraits being fixed.
One thing I have noticed (which probably existed on older versions) is that "zooming" doesn't work with HDR+ (it does work with HDR+ enhanced though). When I take pictures zoomed in with HDR+, it just gives me a picture without any zoom-in at all. Can you please let me know if you experience the same problem?

My settings for LG v20.
1. Hexagon DSP not disabled
2. Hexagon DSP (unknown devices) - turned on
3. Sabre - auto
4. Base: Pixel 2018 Zsl Hdr+, back: pixel 3xl, front: pixel3xl

Last edited:

PhantomAndroid

Mar 25, 2017
Thanks @fu24 for the new version! (Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02.apk) It's working pretty well so far! Definitely appreciate the shortcuts for selfies/portraits being fixed.
One thing I have noticed (which probably existed on older versions) is that "zooming" doesn't work with HDR+ (it does work with HDR+ enhanced though). When I take pictures zoomed in with HDR+, it just gives me a picture without any zoom-in at all. Can you please let me know if you experience the same problem?

My settings for LG v20.
1. Hexagon DSP not disabled
2. Hexagon DSP (unknown devices) - turned on
3. Sabre - auto
4. Base: Pixel 2018 Zsl Hdr+, back: pixel 3xl, front: pixel3xl

@fu24 , I think I've figured out what may be causing the issue with "zoom" and "night sight"
It seems to be related to the way Sabre is handled. I realized this because Sabre can be pretty random (leading to random crashes), and it's currently on "auto".
When I have Sabre on "yes", Night Sight with the back camera seems to work pretty consistently, and the zoom seems to work. (Pictures seem to take longer though)
Unfortunately, this seems to break Night Sight on the front camera. (it crashes the app, or makes night sight on the front camera not work properly)
It seems that I can't win with the Sabre setting, haha.

Last edited:

mburaky06

Jul 29, 2019

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02.apk(Updated on 2019.12.30 )

Changelog:
* Added "Keep pre-switch mode". Used when "Direct switching mode" is disabled.
# After switching, maintain the same mode as before switching. Suitable for both front and back cameras.
# This was achieved using the "Default Launch Mode" of cstark27. Thanks to cstark27.
* Improved auxiliary camera disable mode.
# You will immediately return to the auxiliary lens when you return to other modes after accessing the disabled auxiliary lens mode.
# Back camera does not work in cycle mode.
* Fixed "Image processing Settings". And auxiliary lens settings will appear when "Direct Switch Mode" is not enabled. Thank xtrme.
# Move "Libs" into "Image processing Settings".
* Added "cycle" in auxiliary lens switching method. again.
# Control the back lens when long press the camera switch button. Long press the thumbnail button to control the front lens.
* Video can also use cycle switching method. Slow motion is also suitable for long press.
* Improve "Delay after tap of focus".
# Now works for night singht mode and BSG Config. Thank Alexey070315.
* "Focus Tracking" and "Refocus Fix" can be enabled at the same time. No more conflicts and interference.
* Fixed black screen when GCam is turned on by the third application. Thanks Alexey070315 for finding the cause of the bug.
* Move the section to set the option position. To reduce the need to restart the application.
* Fixed launching GCam with selfie shortcut not taking photos.

Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02-A10.apk(Updated on 2019.12.30 )
Package name: com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Changelog:
* Same as above.
* Change the package name to correspond to android 10.
# Root is required if you want to use a aux lens. And modify the whitelist.
Or try "Zoomfix_4.0-pie" or hal3_eis_zoomfix_v4-pie module. Since I'm not on Android 10. I can't be sure that the module will work properly.
** According to sipollo. The white list of auxiliary cameras for some Xiaomi phones is no longer in "build.prop". Instead, it is in the xml file in the system / etc / device_features folder. The file name is the device codename.
Thanks to sipollo for providing useful information.

"Keep pre-switch mode" demo video

Tested zoomfixv4 module. Working on Android 10 thank you !

batata004

Dec 14, 2017
I read all the instructions but cant find a way to make it work on Xiaomi Mi A3 to enable the wide cam! Do I really need to root/unlock bootloader of my phone to make the wide camera work with GCAM? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts