Google Camera Mod

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
The photos you've taken look great. Hard to believe they were taken with a budget device like the Max 3. Even more excited to get my hands on it now.

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Looks great. Any crashes at all to report?
Yes, sometimes it crashes but not that often.

Regarding, photo quality. Yes, it looks great, especially in low light. I have used the gcam mod on many devices and it always delivers great stills. Even older and cheaper phones like Redmi 5 Plus and Mi 5s Plus with worse camera hardware takes great low light photos when using gcam and hdr+.

On smartphones, I believe photo quality is like 90% good software optimization and 10% good hardware.

Reactions: Quyetcgc

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Yes, sometimes it crashes but not that often.

Regarding, photo quality. Yes, it looks great, especially in low light. I have used the gcam mod on many devices and it always delivers great stills. Even older and cheaper phones like Redmi 5 Plus and Mi 5s Plus with worse camera hardware takes great low light photos when using gcam and hdr+.

On smartphones, I believe photo quality is like 90% good software optimization and 10% good hardware.
Sounds like a good start. Perhaps try saneklic's APKs? They're optimised for the Redmi 5 Plus, which has a similar sensor and framework to the Mi Max 3. I found them to be very stable on my Redmi Note 4.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-saneklic/

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Last edited:

bhammler

Feb 19, 2008
I found a better version of GCAM:

MGC_5.3.015_B-S-G-based_v.1.0.7_TlnNeun.apk
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/MGC_5.3.015_B-S-G-based_v.1.0.7_TlnNeun.apk

Magisk Camera2API should be installed.

it makes very good photos in the dark.

My settings:

Correction of auto-exposure = 1/2 sec.
Reduce noise reduction = on
Auto correction HDR+ = High Quality
Advanced --> Fix Black Level = On & Maximum ISO in the dark = on

Pictures taken in the dark with HDR+ enhanced are very good - I'm impressed.

Check yourself: stock cam vs. GCAM
PSX_20180817_145536.jpg

anhkind8

Aug 22, 2018
Can I just install Magisk to activate Camera2api then later uninstall Magisk? Camera2api is still available after the uninstallation, isn't it? I don't need root and I'm also afraid some of my bank apps wouldn't run with the rooted phones.