• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

Google Camera Port (Working)

Silvarro

Apr 6, 2019
Is there any body try other new version?
It seem only 6.2 version is the most stable.

Try tran phu's links. I think the onedrive one contains a package with 4 builds and from those 4 I would recommend trying the 4.2 buid. Not the 4.2.1, 4.2.2 or 4.2.3. Just 4.2. Unless you've tried them already ofc but for me that was the best of the 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2020
Try tran phu's links. I think the onedrive one contains a package with 4 builds and from those 4 I would recommend trying the 4.2 buid. Not the 4.2.1, 4.2.2 or 4.2.3. Just 4.2. Unless you've tried them already ofc but for me that was the best of the 4.

Would you please give me the link?

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan

Attachments

Last edited:

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Don't enable Pixel smartphone because it's for pixel phone usage.
Interface&HDR+ device: I use Pixel IV
Picture Configuration: JPEG( Someone said to use YUV ... )
Merge method: Sabre
Shasta factor: x50000
Disable GL camera preview: enable( it would resolve the screen frozen issue when you're under an extreme dark environment)

Thanks :) This looks like a pretty decent port I must say. Is it safe to tinker with the mods or should I stick with the default one?

Abhishek.Saini

Aug 1, 2018
Most update: MGC_8.0.018_V0d.apk

There is a bug in this one, If I take portrait, It is saving potrait picture as only one and due to that I'm not able to increase or decrease blur afterwards! Can someone confirm?

Last edited:

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
More shot by Gcam 8

Even now there are still some of bugs in Gcam8 ported in Nokia 8.1, it doesn't impact on main function to take a shot.
It's really worth trying Gcam8.

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Which version ?

The default position to save photo under the directory of DCIM /Camera as well as uploading to google cloud.
I know some of gcam version with function to make you choose use 3rd photo manager but I haven't seen any gcam mod with settings to make you choose where to save your photo in the phone.
So no chance whatever root or unroot your phone.

Does anyone know why GCam does not have in the settings: save picture on SD card? Not in any mod. Is it possible to fix this without root?

Ngheoden

Feb 27, 2018
Moon
Version Gcam

Have you tried to switch into night sight mode and put it on tripod under extreme dark environment ?
The screen of mine showed the astro mode with 1:20 min under mid-dark environment
Do you use Gcam 8.018. I'm using this version but i have try setup things as you recommended. But not thing happned. The picture took only 1 sec for exposure. Could you please give me a link your Gcam version which you are using!
And ... I really want take a picture of the galaxy. If you have time, please show me a pic of Galaxy taken by Nokia 8.1 . I hope this phone can take any stars in the sky clearly. Please give me hope. I find out this phone have the sutter speed only 4 sec. I see your picture show that 1.2 min. I see hope ?

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Sorry that I cannot share file here because it's private build in BSG discussion group in telegram(It's a paid version) !!
Well, the sample I showed here is just for demo but I still have no time to make an astro shot.
But you can try public version(https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1488/)
I think v0e should be ok.

Do you use Gcam 8.018. I'm using this version but i have try setup things as you recommended. But not thing happned. The picture took only 1 sec for exposure. Could you please give me a link your Gcam version which you are using!
And ... I really want take a picture of the galaxy. If you have time, please show me a pic of Galaxy taken by Nokia 8.1 . I hope this phone can take any stars in the sky clearly. Please give me hope. I find out this phone have the sutter speed only 4 sec. I see your picture show that 1.2 min. I see hope ?

satshow

Oct 23, 2010

engineer000

Jul 18, 2015
I have the device now and nothing works. Always force close

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Latest mgc working. Sorry

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Lets discuss about gcam ...

Download it from -> here ( All dev)
All BSG Mode -> Download
All Arnova8G2 Mode -> Download
All back.rider Mode [Optimised for NOKIA devices]-> Download
Well, any of the old Gcam not working in 8.1. Only some of the BSG mods working. And back.rider mod also not working in 8.1. In my knowledge its because we have "FULL" camera2 api support. But in Nokia 7+ its Level3 and all the Gcam works fine. Thats a shame

Reactions: wapvikas

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Reactions: wapvikas