Google Camera support Discussion

Search This thread

zeezo9

Nov 10, 2013
I found Urnyx05's latest version runs well without issues. As well as Arnova but requires to switch the Mod in order to make the slow motion work.

But switching camera lenses is missing in both versions. Also timelapse does not run of 4k mode in Urnyx05.

zeezo9

Nov 10, 2013
Is the picture and movie quality noticeably better then stock camera or Open Camera for example?

I noticed a big difference between google camera and the stock camera in terms of landscape views, google camera does a lot better(especially after turning on Lib patcher settings). But for individual objects it seems the stock camera does better in terms of exposure. I think I will depend on google cam just for landscape photos and raw images.

One thing I also found today, when I record with Slow Motion in google cam.. the video will not work.

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Waiting in vain for astrophotography support with more than 3sec shutter speed.
This device doesn't even have a full PRO camera mode that can adjust shutter speed.

drchip42

Dec 12, 2014
got it on my stock build A71. Photo's are good, but can't do widescreen. Videos are ok, seams quicker on videos, less time "catching up " with what's on the screen . will test outside later, no AR as well , but stable.

Reactions: DonAndress

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
we need a port that can use the fullest of the cameras, ex: 64mp, this way we can take raw pictures and have more control
I'm not sure samsung allows full access to the camera for 3rd party apps in the A71. For example I can't get 60 or more fps in any 3rd party app regardless of the resolution, including filmic pro. Only 30 and 24 fps is possible. Real shame...

Jaime albino

Oct 22, 2013
Coronel Fabriciano
I'm not sure samsung allows full access to the camera for 3rd party apps in the A71. For example I can't get 60 or more fps in any 3rd party app regardless of the resolution, including filmic pro. Only 30 and 24 fps is possible. Real shame...

Yeah I noticed that too, This phone cameras are really good, nothing to complain, just the stock camera app that It's too limited, the phone support camera2api but the stock app doesn't let us tweak our photos in a professional way, there's that "Pro" mode in the app but it's nothing near the real capabilities of Camera2Api with raw photos and so on.

zeezo9

Nov 10, 2013
I read in Arnova's article in Google Camera port that there is a module for magisk to enable all the cameras of the phone. Anyone tried it ?

Also I would confirm that there are still issues with the slow motion recorder, the video will be lagging.

zeezo9

Nov 10, 2013
I have just checked the last update of Urnyx 7.3.0.018and added the config file of Samsung A71 and it actually works very well! even switching Auxiliary Camera works. But there are two things are still missing:

1-It seems it swithces to the wide camera only (12mp) for both 0.6x and 2x, so 64mp and micro are not added.
2-Slow motion mode still lagging.

I think we should work on making a specific version or configs for A71 which enables the rest of Cameras.

[UPDATE]
Using Arnova Gcam, lastest version. I was able to switch the camera lens between 12mp (wide) and 16mp(main). The other lenses keep crashing the app.
This was done by setting ID Camera 0 and ID Camera 2 in the Mod settings. Maybe by the magisc module it may work, yet my phone is not rooted.

Last edited:

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Yeah I noticed that too, This phone cameras are really good, nothing to complain, just the stock camera app that It's too limited, the phone support camera2api but the stock app doesn't let us tweak our photos in a professional way, there's that "Pro" mode in the app but it's nothing near the real capabilities of Camera2Api with raw photos and so on.

We have a new system update that enables some of the pro mode functions. However, when changing the shutter speed the stock camera always fails...

And some changes when doing an astrophotography shot with the gcam before the update there is less than 3 sec shutter speed. Now i can get 14 sec. But the photo still dark and awful.

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
2-Slow motion mode still lagging.
What do you consider slow motion, 60 fps or higher?

I think we should work on making a specific version or configs for A71 which enables the rest of Cameras.
Can you guide on how to do this?

Using Arnova Gcam, lastest version. I was able to switch the camera lens between 12mp (wide) and 16mp(main). The other lenses keep crashing the app.
Well still, two lenses available is good enough ;)

Maybe by the magisc module it may work, yet my phone is not rooted.
Do you plan to root?

zeezo9

Nov 10, 2013
What do you consider slow motion, 60 fps or higher?
There are two options 1/4 and 1/8.. both keep lagging after playing the recorder. in 1/4 it is less lagging though. i am not sure if 1/4 is 60 or 30 fps

Can you guide on how to do this?
By editing the options you can export a config file. For example in Arnova's version, there is a mod option which gives you extra optiions that you set and then export a config file, I don't know much but I think for our case we need deeper changes in the port. We might need to edit the port files.

Well still, two lenses available is good enough ;)
Yes but that's not enough, I personally aim for 64mp camera and if we are able to take RAW images with that will be a nice thing. We have a good camera in this phone but it is diappointing Samsung did not provide Raw Images option in the new update.
Do you plan to root?

For now I have no plans, it is still risky as long as there is little support for the phone in the forum. But I would love to get deeper in helping to improve a better port of GCam for the phone.

Top Liked Posts