Google Cast & "Coolwalk"

Search This thread

panpiotus

Jan 27, 2015
Hi 8.3 is here and coolwalk is getting better. here are some screenshot on 7 inch screen from mazda 2 skyactiv 2014 model (MZD commander control working greats too!)

View attachment 5732421View attachment 5732423View attachment 5732425View attachment 5732427

As you can see, if the destination is set, top-left card is disappear and the music card will expand unless you received any notifications. Music card also now have 2 pages, one is main screen and the other is suggestion (apple music and spotify are working the same).

Moreover, menu bar is now can be move to side (which is better IMO compared to bottom bar. This looks more a lot like the legendary CarPlay).

Here's how you enable this :

1. Rooted
2. Install termux (or any other terminal for you android)
3. Install sqlite
4. Go to sqlite via terminal and go to phenotype.db (sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/phenotype.db)
5. Run this code

*I'm using REPLACE as it has INSERT OR UPDATE behavior
**Please note that you need to change <input_your_phone_user_here> on the SQL syntax
***You need to be superuser to do this (equal to "sudo" on linux env)

It's all fun and games until that "Google" revert it back to 0's. I will try to create a TRIGGER for this on the next post so coolwalk will not reverted.

Cheers! Let us pray they toggled-on this feature on production soon!
Can you make a macrodroid/tasker script to automatically change the entries in phenotype.db on startup phone?

fmotta61

Dec 10, 2020
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi 8.3 is here and coolwalk is getting better. here are some screenshot on 7 inch screen from mazda 2 skyactiv 2014 model (MZD commander control working greats too!)

View attachment 5732421View attachment 5732423View attachment 5732425View attachment 5732427

As you can see, if the destination is set, top-left card is disappear and the music card will expand unless you received any notifications. Music card also now have 2 pages, one is main screen and the other is suggestion (apple music and spotify are working the same).

Moreover, menu bar is now can be move to side (which is better IMO compared to bottom bar. This looks more a lot like the legendary CarPlay).

Here's how you enable this :

1. Rooted
2. Install termux (or any other terminal for you android)
3. Install sqlite
4. Go to sqlite via terminal and go to phenotype.db (sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/phenotype.db)
5. Run this code

*I'm using REPLACE as it has INSERT OR UPDATE behavior
**Please note that you need to change <input_your_phone_user_here> on the SQL syntax
***You need to be superuser to do this (equal to "sudo" on linux env)

It's all fun and games until that "Google" revert it back to 0's. I will try to create a TRIGGER for this on the next post so coolwalk will not reverted.

Cheers! Let us pray they toggled-on this feature on production soon!
Using your REPLACE script after adding my account where needed.
But I receive this error:
Parse error: no such table: FlagOverrides
I'm not very experienced in Termux or SQLite3 things so... any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: solved by running sudo before connecting phenotype.db

Pixelramp

Mar 20, 2021
Okay I need some help here. Probably i'm just doing something wrong, but maybe we can find it together.

Coolwalk works without any problem, doesn't matter if i restart the phone.

But when i leave the car and return to it like 1 hour later, coolwalk is gone.

And i'm not able to reactivate it. Doesn't matter if I do it manually via Termux and SQLITE with running the script or manually changing the flags or using AA AIO Tweaker.

But if I uninstall Android Auto and install it manually again via APK it works again. Sometimes even without changing any parameters in the DB.

I also checked that the Auto-Update is disabled in the PlayStore.

The only thing i can imagine right now is that Android Auto returns itself to the latest stable release instead of the Beta. But the version number didn't change in the settings.

I'm using 8.3.124044

panpiotus

Jan 27, 2015
Can anyone help with the script in macrodroid+termux+termux-tasker+sqlite3?
When i run this script termux terminal is open and nothing happend (does not execute commands from test.sh)
Macrodroid has permissions to run commands in termux.

4.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Holland

panpiotus

Jan 27, 2015
Can anyone help with the script in macrodroid+termux+termux-tasker+sqlite3?
When i run this script termux terminal is open and nothing happend (does not execute commands from test.sh)
Macrodroid has permissions to run commands in termux.

View attachment 5734279
View attachment 5734273View attachment 5734275View attachment 5734277View attachment 5734281
When i change su to sudo in test.sh sqlite was open and rest of lines do not execute (paste)

fusk

Nov 9, 2010
Århus
Don't waste your time brother, it always resets to 0 after 1 time of usage. So no benefit

For me it always lasts a few days.
Also, after having set all the "cakewalk" to 1. When it resets, you only have to change 6 parameters. The 3 from "coolwalk__e" and the 3 at the bottom when searching for "cakewalk".
In my experience you don't need to restart the phone, it'll take a while for the changes to kick in. Not sure if you can restart AA.

WuNgUn

Aug 5, 2015
Apparently coolwalk is official out on the beta channel now...?
Anyone have a build number?

Good news guys, i think Google starting enabling coolwalk slowly. Today morning I checked the flags and coolwalk enabled flag was updated to 1 by default and a new tab is also shown under Android auto settings. Screenshot attached. I check with my vehicle but new card system is still not enabled hope to see full implementation soon now

Update: coolwalk enabled properly. Now changes made to flags not reverting after connecting and disconnecting Android auto. Will update tomorrow again if changes made reverting to stock.🤞

Update-2
Finally Google deliver what was expected. I flashed my rom update and changes made to flags remain as it was. So now we have Coolwalk delivered by Google.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221112-115838_SQLite_Editor.png
    Screenshot_20221112-115838_SQLite_Editor.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 749
  • Screenshot_20221112-120135_Android_Auto.png
    Screenshot_20221112-120135_Android_Auto.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_2022-11-12-15-54-49-290.jpg
    IMG_2022-11-12-15-54-49-290.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 738
Last edited:

argyle64

May 6, 2011
For me on my Pixel 6 Pro even with the newest Android Auto daily build 8.5.624554 there is no Coolwalk. I'm not in the AA beta program but I thought at least the newest build on 11/21/2022 would have Coolwalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After seeing the articles about the new files being in the latest beta version I took a dive in and looked to see how to enable it. Here's some basic steps for that.
    1. You will need to be rooted and on the latest beta. "7.3.120244-release.daily"​
    2. Download a database editor, I used SQLite Editor.​
    3. Open SQLite and under "apps" section navigate to Google Play Services and open it.​
    4. Scroll down to phenotype.db and select it.​
    5. Look for "flags" and open it.​
    6. On the top select "set filter" input Coolwalk__enabled.​
    7. change all bootVal from 0 to 1.​
    8. Now search for cakewalk and do the same.​
    9. Lastly search for MirrorApp__enabled and change those.​

Now just restart your phone and connect to Android auto. You will need to enable coolwalk on the head unit settings. To switch from full screen and condensed press and hold the new UI home button. I need another phone to show off cast, but it does work. You just can't do Netflix/Hulu what not. You also need to be in park. I haven't found what to change to eliminate that. Anyone else wants to help give it a shot.

UPDATE: if you have sqlite3 installed with magisk you can also create a trigger like so in termux.

Code:
    Su

Sqlite3

.open /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/phenotype.db

CREATE TRIGGER after_update
    AFTER UPDATE ON Flags
    BEGIN
    UPDATE Flags SET boolVal=1 WHERE name='Coolwalk__enabled';UPDATE Flags SET boolVal=1 WHERE name='MirrorApp__enabled';UPDATE Flags SET boolVal=1 WHERE name LIKE 'Coolwalk__%' AND boolVal=0;
    END;
    Works great! I tried it on both the 7.3.120244 and the 7.3.120444 beta version and both worked. I did have to revert all the tweaks from AA AIO Tweaker and uninstall the app first to get it to work.
    May i know on which version?
    Version 8.0.6233, I downloaded the APK from apkmirror.com
    In Android Auto 8.0 beta coolwalk UI got improved and you can choose vertical mode too:
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 025119.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 025237.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 025051.png
    Good news guys, i think Google starting enabling coolwalk slowly. Today morning I checked the flags and coolwalk enabled flag was updated to 1 by default and a new tab is also shown under Android auto settings. Screenshot attached. I check with my vehicle but new card system is still not enabled hope to see full implementation soon now

Update: coolwalk enabled properly. Now changes made to flags not reverting after connecting and disconnecting Android auto. Will update tomorrow again if changes made reverting to stock.🤞

Update-2
    Finally Google deliver what was expected. I flashed my rom update and changes made to flags remain as it was. So now we have Coolwalk delivered by Google.