• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google Chat/RCS messages Jan update

Search This thread

gtaguitar7596

Nov 12, 2013
I just updated from the December update to Januarys update everything seems working for the most part but Google chat/ RCS messages have stopped functioning and in an endless loop of "trying to verify number" wasn't an issue on the November or December updates. I'm on Tmobile I have tried both the stable and beta versions of the apps, network reset, cache reset etc. I was curious if anyone else was having this issue.

I just updated and my RCS is doing fine. I had issues like yours when I first got my Pixel in November. I just turned off the chat features for a day or two, then waited until I got into town with better signal (and a different tower) and it connected. It could be that your nearby tower is having an issue...

gtaguitar7596

Nov 12, 2013
update: had to revert back down to the November update because I began having other issues with my service havent gone back to the January update yet but it did fix the issue of my service. I began to suspect it was the Pixel itself when I moved my sim card over to my flip 3 and there were no issues with the service.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I can't keep my RCS connected when I have a VPN running. I turn it off and it immediately connects. Stupid.

ktynchy1

Nov 13, 2009
San Juan
Mine's working fine, updated last night, using Surf Shark VPN. That said I've had problems with RCS not connecting the past few months sporadically.

Reactions: bobby janow

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Mine's working fine, updated last night, using Surf Shark VPN. That said I've had problems with RCS not connecting the past few months sporadically.
Thanks, yeah it could be my configuration. It's pretty stealth but I can back it down a notch.

edit: got it working by enabling split tunneling and putting carrier services in the exception list.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.