Google dialer for G4 root ( no recovery )

Search This thread

gedas5

Dec 12, 2008
So now that Google Dialer and Contacts have been released on Play Store is there any chance that we will finally see them working on LG G4?

khaykeroth

Jul 5, 2012
Can you post some pics of the dual call notification?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Spookymyo

It works fine what was missed is that in order to get it working you need to set the proper permissions on folder and apk. Thing is that there's no way to make Google dialer the default phone app. And there's a dual pop-up when receiving calls as well as both Google dialer and LG phone in call ui pops up when dialing and ending calls.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
If you have xposed installed then download gravitybox and G4 Tweaksbox.

Open GB and go to Statusbar tweaks> Ongoing notification blocker and look for the entry for "Call" with a phone icon next to it, check it.

Then open G4TB and go to Call tweaks and check "Disable in-call floating timer".

This will fix the dual popups and disable that annoying floating call timer.

The stock in call ui still pops up for a split second but it works.

You can also download the google contacts apk and install it. Then you can freeze the stock contacts app.

So far I've not had any issues with making or receiving calls.

Last edited:

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Anyone running the Google dialer and contacts on MM v20b?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

540ESP

Jan 24, 2008
So I have Google Contacts working but the trying to get the dialer to work has been nothing but trouble. I can open the dialer but my in call ui is completely missing so I can't answer any incoming calls nor use the keypad during a call. I've tried putting the Dialer apk in the LGInCallUI folder and renaming both files but nothing is working. I can however get the ui to show up if I use Google Now and ask to dial a contact. Any help to get either in call ui working would be much appreciated (i am rooted)

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
thx, also running dialer and contacts. But i have used a flashable zip from an motorola thread, cant rember which it was :confused:
Can upload the zip if anyone needs it.

Also using other google apps from play and removed lg apps.
Using: Messenger (for SMS), Kalender.....

PS: ill hate the colors of lg stock apps!!!!
pOpY

540ESP

Jan 24, 2008
thx, also running dialer and contacts. But i have used a flashable zip from an motorola thread, cant rember which it was :confused:
Can upload the zip if anyone needs it.

Also using other google apps from play and removed lg apps.
Using: Messenger (for SMS), Kalender.....

PS: ill hate the colors of lg stock apps!!!!
pOpY

Which variant do you have ?(are you bootloader unlocked?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If like me you unlik the original LG g4 dialer.
    You can use this one from nexus original Google dialer 1.1

Unzip fil and use root explorer for copy it ( root/system/priv-app)
    644 after moving it into its proper folder. Do this either through your file manager app or via a shell
    Reboot
    And your new icon will be on the drawer.
    It works fine what was missed is that in order to get it working you need to set the proper permissions on folder and apk. Thing is that there's no way to make Google dialer the default phone app. And there's a dual pop-up when receiving calls as well as both Google dialer and LG phone in call ui pops up when dialing and ending calls.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    I just used this on my G2 and it works, thanks!
    I couldn't get this to work using the folders which unzipped from the file.

I finally did get it to work by copying the apk directly into the priv-app folder, and giving it the permissions suggested above.

Working great.
    If like me you unlik the original LG g4 dialer.
    You can use this one from nexus original Google dialer 1.1

Unzip fil and use root explorer for copy it ( root/system/priv-app)
    644 after moving it into its proper folder. Do this either through your file manager app or via a shell
    Reboot
    And your new icon will be on the drawer.
    thanks very much;)