Themes / Apps / Mods [CLOSED] [SHARED] Google Dialer Mod (call recording and many others mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
<Moderator Edit>: Thread closed due to the original developer @Jacopo Mii already having a thread for this at [MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod.

Downloads:​

How do I use it?​

• Always make sure you are using the latest Google Dialer beta from the Play Store to enjoy the latest features
  • Allow root access to GoogleDialerMod, apply the tweaks you want, then force close Google Dialer app and reopen it a couple of times for them to take effect
  • There is no need to keep GoogleDialerMod installed after applying the desired mods, because they (should) survive Google Dialer updates / reinstalls over time

How does it work?​

In every Android device there is a database, called Phenotype.db, managed by Google Play Services, containing special flags that affect the behavior of all Google applications installed.

Some of those flags concern Google Dialer core functionalities, while others are about hidden or upcoming features not yet released.

What this app does is execute SQLite queries on that database and overwrite Google Dialer configuration files to enable or alter its features at will.

Current features:​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices and (hopefully) all Android versions
  • Enable / disable hidden features for all users at once when Android "multiple users" mode is in use
  • Force enable call recording feature even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
    • Enable also automatic call recording feature based on caller (otherwise only available in India)
Via the call history in the Dialer, you can listen to all the recordings, in an organized way, as each audio is already matched to its respective call in the GUI:

Furthermore, by opening the individual recordings, it is possible to share them using the apposite button:

Among the sharing options, there is also the possibility of copying the file to a folder of your choice:

• Silence the annoying "registration has started / ended" call recording sounds
  • Force enable call screening and revelio (advanced automatic call screening) even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
And much more coming soon :)

Troubleshooting:​

• After enabling / disabling any switch, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app a couple of times. You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect.
  • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work

Credits: jacopotediosi

Last edited by a moderator:

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nice, but where is the recording? I can't seem to find it. Yes, I've looked. Giving me the option to delete the recording, but not play...

Edit. Nevermind. On recent calls list, there will be a microphone next to name. Tap name, then play. I figured a file would show up, but apparently it's saved as app data

Last edited:

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nice, but where is the recording? I can't seem to find it. Yes, I've looked. Giving me the option to delete the recording, but not play...

Edit. Nevermind. On recent calls list, there will be a microphone next to name. Tap name, then play. I figured a file would show up, but apparently it's saved as app data
Google Dialer by default saves the call recording audio files in the /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/files/callrecording path.
Can be listened or deleted from historical call or recents calls

Via the call history in the Dialer, you can listen to all the recordings, in an organized way, as each audio is already matched to its respective call in the GUI:

Furthermore, by opening the individual recordings, it is possible to share them using the apposite button:

Among the sharing options, there is also the possibility of copying the file to a folder of your choice:

myra45

May 19, 2010
Doesn't work if "Silence call recording alerts" is enabled.
And even if disabled, records only when manually turned on (no auto-recording)

Chrisch_91

Sep 2, 2021
It doesn't work for me. Tried everything with also with newest beta. I'm on nameless rom (aosp) but can't record calls.

Apr 10, 2020
Thank you very much for the thread.
The call recording works for me but the recording notification is heard, how can I delete the notification?

Chrisch_91

Sep 2, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209-104355_Telefon~2.png
    Screenshot_20221209-104355_Telefon~2.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 76
Apr 10, 2020
in the stable version of Google dialer it works perfectly. I have had to open and close the mod many times until it has worked. Now Resists restart. thank you very much for the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: Thread closed due to the original developer @Jacopo Mii already having a thread for this at [MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod.

Downloads:​

How do I use it?​

• Always make sure you are using the latest Google Dialer beta from the Play Store to enjoy the latest features
    • Allow root access to GoogleDialerMod, apply the tweaks you want, then force close Google Dialer app and reopen it a couple of times for them to take effect
    • There is no need to keep GoogleDialerMod installed after applying the desired mods, because they (should) survive Google Dialer updates / reinstalls over time

How does it work?​

In every Android device there is a database, called Phenotype.db, managed by Google Play Services, containing special flags that affect the behavior of all Google applications installed.

Some of those flags concern Google Dialer core functionalities, while others are about hidden or upcoming features not yet released.

What this app does is execute SQLite queries on that database and overwrite Google Dialer configuration files to enable or alter its features at will.

Current features:​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices and (hopefully) all Android versions
    • Enable / disable hidden features for all users at once when Android "multiple users" mode is in use
    • Force enable call recording feature even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
      • Enable also automatic call recording feature based on caller (otherwise only available in India)

• Silence the annoying "registration has started / ended" call recording sounds
    • Force enable call screening and revelio (advanced automatic call screening) even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
    And much more coming soon :)

Troubleshooting:​

• After enabling / disabling any switch, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app a couple of times. You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect.
    • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work

Credits: jacopotediosi

Google Dialer by default saves the call recording audio files in the /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/files/callrecording path.
    Can be listened or deleted from historical call or recents calls

Thanks for the share, now i don't need to call back people to ask what they said again haha
    The original thread for this mod is https://xdaforums.com/t/mod-root-googledialermod.4330055/
    I won't monitor this one.
    <Moderator Note>: Thread closed due to the original developer @Jacopo Mii already having a thread for this at [MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod.