Question Google dialer

Search This thread

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Hello guys, I am considering to buy Red Magic 6 Pro and was wondering if it comes default with Google Phone (Dialer)? I really enjoy Google Dialer in my current phone as it can block spam automatically and has nearby places etc.

veedubsky

Dec 13, 2010
Nope comes with their dialer. I downloaded Googler Dialer and it wouldn't ring for me anymore. I had to delete it to get the phone to ring again.

Reactions: ozkaya

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
@veedubsky have you tried setting google dialer as default? or vice versa? by vice versa I mean keep the stock dialer as default, because sometimes setting Google dialer default also breaks things. you could also install Google dialer framework from Magisk modules if you are rooted.

Last edited:
I've had the same issue with the RM5G since launch.

The Google Dialer on my 5G uses/sees notification sounds only instead of ringtones when you access its notification settings. It also defaults to silent. Contact ringtone settings also have no effect. I've tried multiple versions of the Google Dialer (on multiple stock ROM versions) without success - forced back to using the stock Dialer, unfortunately.

I'm inclined to think it's a ROM issue in terms of how ringtones/notification sounds are configured/defined.

veedubsky

Dec 13, 2010
@veedubsky have you tried setting google dialer as default? or vice versa? by vice versa I mean keep the stock dialer as default, because sometimes setting Google dialer default also breaks things. you could also install Google dialer framework from Magisk modules if you are rooted.
Yup tried setting as default and then clearing default and leaving it alone. Either way the Google dialer wouldn't not produce a ringtone alert. I get the answer screen but no sound or vibe. Deleted it and stuck with the stock dialer.

Reactions: imNazreen

jasonmastertech

How to get Google Phone/ Dialer to Work as default (Incoming Calls Ring).

Step 1: Go into settings and disabled volte in calls.

2: Download/ Install Google Phone

apkhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1n8tiEltPudDE2WqikZ_eGXaFm9od4obb/view?usp=drivesdk

3: Download/ Install Google Contacts

4: Disable Stock Contacts app in settings.

5: Set Google Phone and Google Contacts as default in settings under phone and contacts. Leave stock phone as default in Dialer.

6: Enable All permissions and modify enable for Google Phone & Contact apps.

7: Reboot phone and Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: ozkaya

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006

apkhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1n8tiEltPudDE2WqikZ_eGXaFm9od4obb/view?usp=drivesdk

5: Set Google Phone and Google Contacts as default in settings under phone and contacts. Leave stock phone as default in Dialer.

So it is not possible to keep Volte enabled? Does it not ring when google dialer is made default? Could you please check if automatic spam blocking and nearby places work?

Doesn't work on my RM5G. I didn't use the .apk you linked and downloaded the latest version from the Play Store instead.

VOLTE on/off made no difference.

I hoped that disabling the stock contacts app would solve the issue (since it's an integrated Dialer/Contacts), but it made no difference. Calls ARE received/displayed using the Google Dialer, but no ringtone is played/heard.

Investigating further, I noticed we have a ”Call Management" app that can't be disabled and may be the culprit.

Yup tried setting as default and then clearing default and leaving it alone. Either way the Google dialer wouldn't not produce a ringtone alert. I get the answer screen but no sound or vibe. Deleted it and stuck with the stock dialer.
I didn't have any issue previously but it is happening now. I am deleting the Google phone apps and see how it works.

Reactions: veedubsky

jasonmastertech

Doesn't work on my RM5G. I didn't use the .apk you linked and downloaded the latest version from the Play Store instead.

VOLTE on/off made no difference.

I hoped that disabling the stock contacts app would solve the issue (since it's an integrated Dialer/Contacts), but it made no difference. Calls ARE received/displayed using the Google Dialer, but no ringtone is played/heard.

Investigating further, I noticed we have a ”Call Management" app that can't be disabled and may be the culprit.
you need to use the apks which I posted...updated apks will not work.

gerandroid915

Oct 30, 2021
I am using T-Mobile and i cannot turn off VoLTE. They forced everyone on their network to use VoTLE. earlier this year. They will do the same on ATT early next year when they remove 3G network. I wish there was another way to fix this. I hate this Dialer on my RM6 Pro.

Anyone else having issues where you cant hear the other person when answering calls? I have to change to speaker for a second and then back to handset just to hear them.

gerandroid915

Oct 30, 2021
Does anyone know of any dialer that works with the RM6? I tried many and they all have the same issues you guys are talking about. It wont ring on incoming calls. I can receive but wont hear the ringing on the phone.

GwynBe

Mar 31, 2022

I did everything as you instructed and it still not working for me. Im using rm 3s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope comes with their dialer. I downloaded Googler Dialer and it wouldn't ring for me anymore. I had to delete it to get the phone to ring again.

I didn't have any issue previously but it is happening now. I am deleting the Google phone apps and see how it works.