google fit and huawei fitness app

Search This thread

dread123

Jun 29, 2005
i'm having problems with inconsistant data from both apps. Google fit is able to pull in data from my sleep app etc but the steps counter is way off. I like the huawei app due to the pulling the heart rate data to show lows and highs- whereas the google app doesnt? the huawei app also doesnt pull in the sleep data from sleep with android. what is everyone else doing- disabling one or the other? thoughts please

ezfreeze

Oct 19, 2012
Not sure if this helps... But I was having problems with getting the Huawei Health app to recognize my phone... I had to install the Huawei Wear app on my phone first then have it sync to my watch... Then the Huawei Health app started to sync...

Long story short... Wondering if you need to install the Huawei Wear app on your phone as well to get things to sync properly...

Hope that helps

EZ

Reactions: testhtc

testhtc

Mar 6, 2007
Sync issue solved

Not sure if this helps... But I was having problems with getting the Huawei Health app to recognize my phone... I had to install the Huawei Wear app on my phone first then have it sync to my watch... Then the Huawei Health app started to sync...

Long story short... Wondering if you need to install the Huawei Wear app on your phone as well to get things to sync properly...

Hope that helps

EZ

:):)
Your tip solved my fitness data sync issue between Huawei watch 2 and Health App. Thanks!

andrep182

Feb 1, 2009
Irvine

Hope that helps

EZ

How did you manage to pair Huawei Wear app with your watch? Did you have to unpair it from Android Wear first? No matter what I do, I could not successfully pair my HW2 sport with the huawei wear app, whether or not I have it paired with Android Wear...

as007

May 11, 2012
Google Nexus 4
ZTE Axon 7

Hope that helps

EZ

Do the data to Google Fit synchronize to you on a regular basis or only at certain times?

ezfreeze

Oct 19, 2012
I haven't watched it that closely, but it syncs on a regular basis... Atleast once a day...

Do the data to Google Fit synchronize to you on a regular basis or only at certain times?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I did not have to unpair it... I did have some issues initially... I ended up removing the Huawei Wear app and reinstalling it and it worked after that...

How did you manage to pair Huawei Wear app with your watch? Did you have to unpair it from Android Wear first? No matter what I do, I could not successfully pair my HW2 sport with the huawei wear app, whether or not I have it paired with Android Wear...

rizki_Alkaf

Dec 18, 2008
Semarang
And why is:
- My Google Fit app on watch is showing 826 steps
- My Huawei Fit app on watch is showing 792 steps
- My Google Fit app on phone is showing 1112 steps
- My Huawei Fit app on phone is showing 745 steps

This is so confusing

Edit: I even have a different result between huawei wear app and huawei health app on my phone. OMG

Last edited:

Rufous Rex

Apr 7, 2013
Cedar Park
And why is:
- My Google Fit app on watch is showing 826 steps
- My Huawei Fit app on watch is showing 792 steps
- My Google Fit app on phone is showing 1112 steps
- My Huawei Fit app on phone is showing 745 steps

This is so confusing

Edit: I even have a different result between huawei wear app and huawei health app on my phone. OMG

I'm seeing similar;

Watch Daily Tracking: 5265
Phone Google Fit: 5295
Watch Google Fit: 5353
Phone Huawei Health: 5362

It sure would be nice if Huawei had documentation detailing their software. I'm inclined to stick with the Huawei fitness apps if for no other reason than they capture more data; fingers crossed it's at least somewhat accurate.

eelpout

Aug 19, 2007
Whats the trick to getting sleep data into Fit from the Health app? Everything syncs but sleep data for me. :(

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
You know its kind of depends on the amount of time you had you watch on your wrist or your phone in your pocket, also the apps measure this seperately and we know none of them are very acurate to show the exact number of steps so having a difference of say 100 steps would be ok

I have also noticed that google fit sometimes gets stuck on last day's results! Thats the worst part actually...its a real shame that huawei only updates the health app on phone and not on the watch!

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
the latest updates to GF does not accept data from Huawei Health or a lot of other apps, on contacting Huawei their answer was that end-users should speak to Google about it.

At the moment the only thing the HH is good for is the sleep recording as the figures for the other activities never match up, the data can't be easily moved to another device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope that helps

EZ
    does the watch work/sync with google fit?

It does however I have issues that it seems that sometimes it's not Google Fit doing the tracking and it's pulling the data from Huawei Health, which in turn causes issues with trying to get it to sync with Nokia Health as that only includes data that Google Fit tracked itself, not what it also imported.