• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google HDR+ camera

Search This thread

FangXIII

Jan 11, 2014
Hi, I have just installed the apk, the slow motion camera crashes for me too, but the camera also crashes after taking a picture. May I ask for your preset/settings? Thank you.

Last edited:

pakudaboy

Feb 20, 2013
Hi, I have just installed the apk, the slow motion camera crashes for me too, but the camera also crashes after taking a picture. May I ask for your preset/settings? Thank you.

make sure you install the patch in magisk for slomo + camera api

settings i used in camera is

Config camera HDR+ = Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+
Model = Nexus 6p
HDR+ parameters = High

get the apk from here
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

slowmo / camera API patch from here.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-camera2api-enabler-t3656651

i use the one with red txt.

cheers :)

FangXIII

Jan 11, 2014
Thank you for the extremely helpful response. I have tried your settings on Arnova's 5.1.018_v1.2: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2, everything seems to work fine. But when trying the GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3 with your settings, the app crashes after you look back at the photos you've taken. I suspect its something to do with the Config camera HDR+ set to Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+. Seems like it does not crash when set to Nexus 6 Auto.
On the latest version, the slow motion crashes on me as well, also can't seem to capture video. Portrait mode works! I don't suppose you've got motion photos working? Thank you.

pakudaboy

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you for the extremely helpful response. I have tried your settings on Arnova's 5.1.018_v1.2: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2, everything seems to work fine. But when trying the GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3 with your settings, the app crashes after you look back at the photos you've taken. I suspect its something to do with the Config camera HDR+ set to Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+. Seems like it does not crash when set to Nexus 6 Auto.
On the latest version, the slow motion crashes on me as well, also can't seem to capture video. Portrait mode works! I don't suppose you've got motion photos working? Thank you.

yep 1.3 is buggy for me too. slomo won't work on 1.3 but works on 1.2 tho
did you install that magisk module and reboot?

FangXIII

Jan 11, 2014
yep 1.3 is buggy for me too. slomo won't work on 1.3 but works on 1.2 tho
did you install that magisk module and reboot?

Yes I have tried that, thank you. It seems version 1.4 beta is out, you could give it a try to see if slow mo is working or not. ;);)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

yep, I have that installed, thank you. Just checked, version 1.4 is in beta, you should give it a try to see if slow mo has been fixed or not.

jbmc83

Yes I have tried that, thank you. It seems version 1.4 beta is out, you could give it a try to see if slow mo is working or not. ;);)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

yep, I have that installed, thank you. Just checked, version 1.4 is in beta, you should give it a try to see if slow mo has been fixed or not.
ive tried 1.4 beta2, video is still a nogo, just black screen and FC. so its back to 1.2 for me :)

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

jbmc83

Wow, huge improvement on the GCam with HDR+ Enhance, could you please tell us which GCam Mod you used ?

thanks
sure thing, check the lineage os thread for posts #847 and #850, thats where i linked the Gcam port including slomo video fix and detailed the settings im using :)

enjoy!

Last edited:

ne0t

Feb 23, 2017
sure thing, check the lineage os thread for posts #847 and #850, thats where i linked the Gcam port including slomo video fix and detailed the settings im using :)

enjoy!

Tks a lot for the quick reply, wonder will it works as well on Miui rom (i'm using xiaomi.eu).

Jaripi

Feb 21, 2017
One more question .. will installing Google Camera crash the MIUI Camera? I'm planning to use it side by side with GCam.

Thanks in advanced

No, you can have the both. I have Arnova8G2 and B-S-G Google Camera mods, as well as MIUI Camera and Snap Camera ones. Well, that's not all, quite few other camera apps too.

I suggest you try this one: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.5Beta.apk (it is working very well with my Mi Max 2)

Reactions: ne0t and jbmc83

jbmc83

No, you can have the both. I have Arnova8G2 and B-S-G Google Camera mods, as well as MIUI Camera and Snap Camera ones. Well, that's not all, quite few other camera apps too.

I suggest you try this one: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.5Beta.apk (it is working very well with my Mi Max 2)

oh, 1.5 beta already out, nice :) lets check and see if it finally works properly with video record and portrait mode...

edit: well well! looks like GCam finally works in video recording mode with a version newer than 1.2 :) plus, portrait mode is finally here and it works!

however, there are two things to consider:
1) only two phone models work when selecting the HDR+ mode - either "Nexus 6 Auto" or "Pixel 2017 ZSL HDR no PD" (I chose the latter), all other phone models dont work (black screen in camera mode)
2) Due to the restriction to the two phone models, you can only activate regular HDR+, whereas HDR+ Enhanced is not available anymore

So basically, you can choose between

v1.2 for HDR+ Enhanced, but without Portrait Mode

or

v1.5 beta for regular HDR+, but with Portrait Mode included

Last edited:
Reactions: ne0t and Jaripi

Litendria

Mar 18, 2015
Dortmund
oh, 1.5 beta already out, nice :) lets check and see if it finally works properly with video record and portrait mode...

edit: well well! looks like GCam finally works in video recording mode with a version newer than 1.2 :) plus, portrait mode is finally here and it works!

however, there are two things to consider:
1) only two phone models work when selecting the HDR+ mode - either "Nexus 6 Auto" or "Pixel 2017 ZSL HDR no PD" (I chose the latter), all other phone models dont work (black screen in camera mode)
2) Due to the restriction to the two phone models, you can only activate regular HDR+, whereas HDR+ Enhanced is not available anymore

So basically, you can choose between

v1.2 for HDR+ Enhanced, but without Portrait Mode

or

v1.5 beta for regular HDR+, but with Portrait Mode included

Everything works fine included Portrait mode on "GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.4" if you don't know. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

make sure you install the patch in magisk for slomo + camera api

settings i used in camera is

Config camera HDR+ = Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+
    Model = Nexus 6p
    HDR+ parameters = High

get the apk from here
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

slowmo / camera API patch from here.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-camera2api-enabler-t3656651

i use the one with red txt.

cheers :)
    in case you guys are interested: i made an image quality comparison of mi max 2 stock, GCam HDR+, GCam HDR+ Enhanced and my own Sony DSC-RX100 camera here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75089223&postcount=878

enjoy :)
    Hi all,
    Here are some photos taken with 2 cameras: scrubber_GCameraP2XL and GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.5Beta2.
    21481429.jpg

21481430.jpg

21481431.jpg

21481432.jpg

21481433.jpg

Here is the difference between 3 photos (first one - unedited RAW photo taken with Snap camera, second one - with GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.5Beta2 and the third one - with scrubber_GCameraP2XL)
    21481484.png

The same comparison but with edited RAW
    21481486.png
    Hi @Arnova8G2,

Thanks for porting this awesome camera.

I'm at the latest version GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3.apk and portrait mode works fine but if i go into Slowmotion camera (used to work in previous version) camera crashes.

any solution to this?

cheers
    One more question .. will installing Google Camera crash the MIUI Camera? I'm planning to use it side by side with GCam.

Thanks in advanced