• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Lollipop Calendar Fix (DPI adjustment)

Search This thread

kajer

May 6, 2006
Calendar Situation:
2560x1440 resolution screen has LESS information displayed verses my 1280x800 tablet.

Solution.
build.prop change to the DPI setting.
380 DPI + reboot+ calendar cache clear == TABLET VIEW!!! 7 day weeks and full month view with text.

390 DPI or greater will revert back to stupid mode.

Now, this is a very short sided solution, but I think my OS looks better with smaller icons... Rather than having 5 icons of width on my home screen, I have 6. I get more mail and more calendar in the widgets too. I honestly don't see a downside.

Acrono

Sep 28, 2010
Boulder, CO
380 makes it pretty much unusable, IMO. I have it set to 460. 440 was too small for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kajer

May 6, 2006
AppSettings on xposed...but first we need xposed. No per app settings without it as far as I'm aware.

Can we get pics of the Homescreen/other screen shots running at 380DPI please?

As you can see, the items on screen are quite small, and some applications don't know how to size their content. But, I get my full month :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    37 KB · Views: 3,067
  • unnamed2.png
    unnamed2.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 3,059

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
I just updated to 5.0.1 and my DPI was reverted to 560... I have no idea who thought that was a good idea. :(

This happened because the 5.0.1 update replaced the build.prop file in /sytem with with a new version.

If you want to make the custom 380 dpi stick across updates, you should create a text file called local.prop and place it in the /data directory.
The local.prop text should include the following line:

Code:
[STRIKE]qemu.sf.lcd_density=380[/STRIKE]

Save the file and reboot.

EDIT: this method doesn't seem to work on the stock ROM any longer. It works with CM and mist likely with other AOSP derived ROMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: hsj1906
Dec 9, 2011
hi,

I have been out of android for abit but 1 of the the first things i do is mod my dpi (more icons, more screen, more widgets etc.. for me)

using dpi changer or build prop editor

however this time on nexus 6 it seems to change all except the icons and icon text sizes and widget space

i have tried putting the local build to no avail. is there anything else i need todo or any ideas

i am unlocked and rooted.

thanks

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
hi,

I have been out of android for abit but 1 of the the first things i do is mod my dpi (more icons, more screen, more widgets etc.. for me)

using dpi changer or build prop editor

however this time on nexus 6 it seems to change all except the icons and icon text sizes and widget space

i have tried putting the local build to no avail. is there anything else i need todo or any ideas

i am unlocked and rooted.

thanks
Hi cryptkilleronline,

It looks like the local.prop method doesn't work anymore on the stock ROM (CM and other ROMs still support it).
You'll have to reduce the value in build.prop instead.

The only thing I'd recommend is not to use 380 or 370 dpi, as these values seem to cause some issues in landscape mode.
360 dpi works fine.
More details here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...freezes-landscape-video-t2967032/post57636267

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts