google map can't update locations

Search This thread

jjjjjk

Jul 11, 2006
Not sure if it related to Mate30Pro or not. My Google Map can't update current location. While some other apps are working fine such as Waze or Tulip Sports, but not google map. Right upon it is launched, map can get the location. But immediately the blue point became gray and stopped there. I have to remove the app from the task list and relaunch it to have it update the location. Strava can't get location, either. Other than these two I didn't notice anything else wrong. The permissions of location were granted.
Any clue on how to check/fix?
Thanks!

florian-m19

May 1, 2014
Same problem here.

I cleared cache, deleted the app etc.
Now I use HERE WeGo App for navigation.

But a solution would be nice.

jjjjjk

Jul 11, 2006
I guess this is the reason. It says my gms map component is missing. I installed map application from play store though. How to install this component?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725_124057_com.lzplay.helper.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725_124057_com.lzplay.helper.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 234

kraker77

Sep 2, 2016
#Update

Just install the latest Google framework, then Google maps is working normally.
how did you installed the latest google framework,
can you please explain to me step by step,
because i already installed google services and everything works fine facebook youtube ,,,
only google map keep crashing after second i installed it al ot of times and same thing
i heard because google services didnt updated , and i dont know how to updated
without start from the beginning , i don't want to hard reset and start from the first if there any method to update google services without losing my data and play store

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei Mate X2
how did you installed the latest google framework,
can you please explain to me step by step,
because i already installed google services and everything works fine facebook youtube ,,,
only google map keep crashing after second i installed it al ot of times and same thing
i heard because google services didnt updated , and i dont know how to updated
without start from the beginning , i don't want to hard reset and start from the first if there any method to update google services without losing my data and play store
you have to update the gms and not the gfs you can do it with the aurora store application

kraker77

Sep 2, 2016
you have to update the gms and not the gfs you can do it with the aurora store application
can you please show a screenshot what did you updated exactly, i istalled aurora but i dont understad GMS
i installed google map from aurora but the same keep crashing after 2 sec
please i need help im using mate 30 pro whith latest software update

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Try the version 10.49.3, see if it works.
I used this version on Mate40pro for a while, (without GMS), and works fine.
Now I'm using 10.68.1, as last version.
On OurPlay I can use Maps even with loging with Gmail account (on Mate40 pro).

Attachments

• Maps_10.68.1.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 43
  • maps_10.49.3-1049301244_minAPI21(arm64-v8a)(400,560,480,640dpi)_apkmirror.com.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 38

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if it related to Mate30Pro or not. My Google Map can't update current location. While some other apps are working fine such as Waze or Tulip Sports, but not google map. Right upon it is launched, map can get the location. But immediately the blue point became gray and stopped there. I have to remove the app from the task list and relaunch it to have it update the location. Strava can't get location, either. Other than these two I didn't notice anything else wrong. The permissions of location were granted.
    Any clue on how to check/fix?
    Thanks!