Google Nexus 6 - What do you think?

Search This thread

jackpollard

Aug 17, 2013
I've had mine for almost a month now and I'm loving it. I can't understand the people who drive themselves crazy nitpicking every little thing on this or any other device. Enjoy your device and appreciate its amazing capabilities for the fun and productivity it adds to your life.

I could not agree with you more. I came from a OnePlus One and you would of thought it was the worst phone ever made if you went to the forums. I thought it was the best and I've been through a lot of phones. I had no issues at all with it, it was and still is a great phone. Same with the HTC One I had and then the N5, read the forums and you want to not even think about buying them.
The N6 is pretty much everything I expected, the real estate is fantastic, its fast and smooth. Build is what you expect from a premium phone. Camara is better then the last 3 phones I've had, better then good enough for anything from vacation shots to web pics. Sound is good from the 2 speakers, no complaints. Phone is clear and I've not dropped as much as I used to, I have 3 spaces on my drive into work that I used to lose reception, have not since I've had the N6. If I have 1 con, its battery life. I did use a few tools to get a decent battery life, but on the OnePlus I was getting insane battery life out of the start, no need to tweak. I will probably end up putting Cynogenmod on it for all those features.

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
32gb is way too little for me as I install many apps ???????????… but then again I only paid 570 Canadian all in for this lol

Via my NeXus™ 6 on Tapatalk⁴

HumpDdumpD

Nov 12, 2009
570 Canadians!!! I don't even know if that many Asians were part of the making of the phone... How much is one's life worth anyhow? I would imagine Canadians are a safe secure investment. Lol, sorry I'm a little tardeded at times.

Reactions: HarmonyFlame

owyheendn

Sep 3, 2012
owyhee
I've Had mine little over a 2 weeks, within my 1st 2 hours I Unlocked, Rooted and Flashed the Pure Shamu ROM, I LOVE THIS PHONE!!! haven't had a nexus since the Samsung Galaxy Nexus!! The Gnex was the phone that got me into flashing custom Roms, it opened up a whole new world for me!! I could never go back to using a stock unrooted phone!! But anyways I love this new Nexus, I have huge hands so the size fits me PERFECTLY!!! I can honestly say this is one of the best phones I ever had!!!

ballswinger

Jan 1, 2015
ipswich
www.phonesltd.co.uk
I could not agree with you more. I came from a OnePlus One and you would of thought it was the worst phone ever made if you went to the forums. I thought it was the best and I've been through a lot of phones. I had no issues at all with it, it was and still is a great phone. Same with the HTC One I had and then the N5, read the forums and you want to not even think about buying them.
The N6 is pretty much everything I expected, the real estate is fantastic, its fast and smooth. Build is what you expect from a premium phone. Camara is better then the last 3 phones I've had, better then good enough for anything from vacation shots to web pics. Sound is good from the 2 speakers, no complaints. Phone is clear and I've not dropped as much as I used to, I have 3 spaces on my drive into work that I used to lose reception, have not since I've had the N6. If I have 1 con, its battery life. I did use a few tools to get a decent battery life, but on the OnePlus I was getting insane battery life out of the start, no need to tweak. I will probably end up putting Cynogenmod on it for all those features.

You're so right, it doesn't matter which model, there's always a forum thread somewhere full of disgruntled users expecting the 'perfect' device ... if this were true and one of the manufacturers had really made the 'perfect' device then everyone would surely own one?!

Remember, it was only a few years ago we were all getting excited about playing snake, changing our network logo to 'graphics' and downloading crazy frog ringtones thinking ... "we are so futuristic!" ;)

Reactions: Langduscher

upsidekiwi

May 21, 2014
Auckland
all i want is a
a better made material of phone
cpu spandragon 805
screen 5" - 5.2" thin bezzeled
speaker a powerfull one
camera a least 13mp
battery a 3000mha
latest android os

that i can call it for sure nexus 6!

Yeah, I completely agree with this. A smaller phone than what the Nexus 6 is really important, especially. It's just too big and I hate the idea of not having a Nexus phone!

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
What Roms do you guys recommend? I'm stock rooted and unlocked but would be cool if I can try something else. Greenify has been helping me keep my battery longer.
LiquidSmooth , BrokenOS, Slim, heck. The beauty of the Nexus...try a bunch of them. Sure, you'll run into a few issues here and there but you'll have fun and learn a bunch of stuff. (But then, I'm a flashaholic, so maybe...) The XDA community is here to help support the habit.

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
whos nexus 6 has NO lag whatsoever , esp. those who game alot? whats your setup, thx

maybe it has to do with eMMC, and RAM brands..ie best combo to have is samsung and samsung?

mine is hynix ram with sandisk eMMC

Beauenheim

I have had my Nexus 6 for about a week now.

It was a long adventure to get this phone. My first Nexus was a Sprint Galaxy Nexus, I then sold that and bought a Nokia Lumia 521 until the Nexus 5 came out. I got that in December of 2013. When the 6 was nearing release, I sold that, and used a Nexus One (which broke q.q), then a Samsung Galaxy Mini (q.q), an Optimus F3, and then an Optimus L90 before I managed to get this phone.

My best friend and I went to the store the same day at the same time to get the phone. Then we went to my house, unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, enabled tap to wake, and then installed Franco!

I'm loving this device. However, the battery life hasn't been super great. I tried Vomer tweaks to help.

Here's some history:

Last edited:

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
I wanted a big screen nexus so I like it even if I prefer IPS LCD. Though I hate the vibrator moto use. I wished Samsung like vibrator. Moto one rattles when vibrate feels cheap also the speaker or audio circuit makes some noise like static noise during call from thr top speaker. All these problems existed thru 5 devices. I hope Google choose Samsung for next nexus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the N6 is going to be the first Nexus with 64 processor and OS, then Google please call it N64, that would be awesome :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Honestly, if the new nexus doesnt have atleast have a 780ti equivalent gpu, it will fail, it better have atleast 12gbs of ram with a 32 inch screen. and if it doesnt make me smoothies, ill pass
    Will it be called Nexus 6 ? The number represent the screen.

Not sure that google will make a 6" phone. Maybe it'll be like the Nexus 7 ? A 2014 version of Nexus 5 ?

I would reply to this..but typing is a **** on my Nexus One.
    Spec wise, not on the OS end.
    Oh you mean fancy names that generally don't mean anything?
    1Gig
    Dual core
    Same 8mp camera
    Now a bigger phone which Apple mockingly talked about Samsung in their last keynote, said they would never upsize but now offer a 5.5 inch phone with the same specs as the 4.7 phone??

Or did you mean the same 16-32 storage with that ridiculous price tag for a 2 year lockdown?

Nah Google is fine. Believe me.

b2c2fea4253e19b03bff2d7e914eb680.jpg

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
    Honestly if this size crying does not stop I might be tempted to make another N6 thread for actual discussion on the technology and the software. Not an bloody echo chamber about how its too big for them.

Hell with the amount of complaining about size you would think this would be something that was going to be forced into everyone's anal cavity, Not a mobile device. Its absolutely absurd the amount of *****ing is taking place here.

Can we just have a goddamn civil discussion on the Nexus 6 without having to ***** on the size? Please?!?