Google Now & Battery Life

Search This thread

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I haven't revisited it in quite a while.

I really do enjoy Google Now and all the fun things it does for us. What are you guys doing to help out battery drain while using it? Are you using the "Battery Save" location function or some other tweak/setting?

Thanks!

PryorDaniel

Oct 2, 2008
Middle of Nowhere, CA
I'm using latest Chroma with overclocked version of leanKernel and regularly use Google Now. I can't say I have any issues with battery life. For me, I set leanKernel to power saving through it's config, disable nav bar because I use LMT, use expanded desktop for that little extra screen space, and finally pick a dark-ish layers theme. Other than that I get greenify from play store (do not use it with exposed right now) and set it up to hibernate pretty much everything it can, except for things I deem important.

Reactions: draa2711

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
im running at 3033mhz/35mhz, and am using google now fully, without disabling anything, and see about 5.5h sot each battery cycle. so i dont think it effects battery very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using latest Chroma with overclocked version of leanKernel and regularly use Google Now. I can't say I have any issues with battery life. For me, I set leanKernel to power saving through it's config, disable nav bar because I use LMT, use expanded desktop for that little extra screen space, and finally pick a dark-ish layers theme. Other than that I get greenify from play store (do not use it with exposed right now) and set it up to hibernate pretty much everything it can, except for things I deem important.
    Which kernel is that?

was with elementalx kernel and terminus rom. now using vindicator kernel, but battery drain is slightly more.