Google Now Location

Search This thread

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
Hey all,

Anyone having location problems when using Google Now? I've enabled location reporting and history, but unless I open Maps before Google now, I don't get any location based alerts. Such as weather, etc...

Thanks in advance.

shehabskull

Recognized Themer
Aug 29, 2013
cairo
Hey all,

Anyone having location problems when using Google Now? I've enabled location reporting and history, but unless I open Maps before Google now, I don't get any location based alerts. Such as weather, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Hi you must open WI-FI and GPS ;) if you sill have this problem you should go to settings ----> apps ----> and find Google now, when you find it do force close and clear data then reboot the phone :cool:

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
HY, you need to be on a wifi network/have gps on in order of the phone to find you.

Hi you must open WI-FI and GPS ;) if you sill have this problem you should go to settings ----> apps ----> and find Google now, when you find it do force close and clear data then reboot the phone :cool:

Wow... strange that you HAVE to have wifi enabled to use the services. On the same token, I'm surprised I didn't know this, lol.

Thanks!

luv4greenleaves

Nov 4, 2012
Did this issue get resolved for you? I have found the problem and I temporary fix.

The issue is related to the new Google play services 3.2..they changed location to use wifi as Android 4.3 has it on at all times.. This is to save power from using GpS.. Anyway if your not running 4.3 and have wifi on all the time your location based cards will not work...

The solution, downgrade to Google play services 3.1 Everything works great on 3.1..

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app