Google now! (Official 4.4) launcher is working with the latest search update!

Search This thread

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Please be aware there is two different versions; Google Now launcher and AOSP version called "Launcher3" without Google Now on the left. Do you have an APK? As the Google Now launchers I'm downloading are throwing back a "Parse Error" with the latest version of Search. :)

EDIT: He is correct, full Google Now Launcher working. Here is the link: http://d-h.st/f6b

Last edited:

alexcisse10

May 7, 2014
Le Mans
It's just fiy, download the launcher from any source that you like, no need to install any search.apk, enjoy!

I hope the info made some of u waiting for KitKat happy who would've never checked if its working again(as there was no Intel search.apk).

It does not work there are always a google error message :/

dj_mol3y_x8

Aug 30, 2011
guildford
I had to re-update Google Play Services and Google Search from the play store to get it working.

Maybe we have to install only "GoogleHome.apk" and it should be ok.

Yes that's all that is needed to be done.
Do the relevant updates from the play store.
Then just download from the link above unzip and install just Google home

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

caiotmoraes

Nov 30, 2012
"OK Google" anywhere.

has anyone been able to activate hotword recognition everywhere as other devices? i tried both rooted and unrooted ways I found on XDA and none has worked, maybe this is something x86.apk related.

dog121

Oct 24, 2011
london
has anyone been able to activate hotword recognition everywhere as other devices? i tried both rooted and unrooted ways I found on XDA and none has worked, maybe this is something x86.apk related.

Works fine here only on any home screens you have doesn't work on the app draw...I have the latest Google search...just updated a few days ago and the gel launcher from here ...

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

caiotmoraes

Nov 30, 2012

monsieur_beau19

Jun 30, 2014
Illinois
I can activate google now from anywhere, including the app drawer and lock screen.

Sent from my LGLS740 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I can even activate it while watching movies on Netflix or watching videos on YouTube.

Sent from my LGLS740 using XDA Free mobile app

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
No it is bound to the Google now and the best reason to use it is the nice Google now implementation.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's just fiy, download the launcher from any source that you like, no need to install any search.apk, enjoy!

I hope the info made some of u waiting for KitKat happy who would've never checked if its working again(as there was no Intel search.apk).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone