• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google now

Search This thread

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
What is the right way to use Google now when traveling? Ie how do I set it up to keep me posted on flight info? I read that searching for a flight number will do it but how does it know what the date is? Flight numbers repeat daily and searching by flight number and date returns no results. Same question regarding hotels. If I'm flying somewhere how does it know when and where and when to alert me of the hotel directions? I read somewhere it is reading email confirmations but I'm not sure.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 29, 2012
Hickory
It tells you today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform, or your favorite team's score while they’re playing. And the best part? All of this happens automatically. Cards appear throughout the day at the moment you need them. Its basically a smart little assistant for your phone only works with jelly bean phones and ics root with a rom I just got it but I really don't like it to be honest
Sent from my LT28at rooted ICS/CWM using xda premium

antonyyip

Dec 3, 2012
Hong Kong
It tells you today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform, or your favorite team's score while they’re playing. And the best part? All of this happens automatically. Cards appear throughout the day at the moment you need them. Its basically a smart little assistant for your phone only works with jelly bean phones and ics root with a rom I just got it but I really don't like it to be honest

I also want to know about its setting.... anyone can help?

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008

I'm asking specifically about travel, airports, hotel, etc.

Nov 29, 2012
Hickory
Well when u travel it uses the card cause it know ur in a car traveling it tells u short cuts how to avoid traffic jams and wrecks, at airport the airport card knows to come up because of you location settings it goes on the map and knows where ur at that's how it knows wat card to bring up, so when u get to an airport it tells u about your flight if you have one or other flights and delays such as u waiting on someone, for hotels it give you ratings prices better deals. Like I said its just like an assistant that learns from your everyday life route and plans and its there to help u with everything instead of looking for info just click on the app and it'll give you wat you need

trackzero

Dec 10, 2011
Google Now when travelling...

I'm asking specifically about travel, airports, hotel, etc.

First off, I've found those functions to work best if you're either a) doing everything from your phone or b) searching on your desktop while logged into Google with the same Google ID you've linked to your phone.

From there, it's pretty much just automatic. And sometimes a little creepy. Oh...also helps if your flight confirmations, itineraries, hotel info, etc is going to the same gmail account as whatever you've linked to your phone. For various purposes, Google Now processes a combination of your web history & email inbox.

It'll use current location for the starting point of any projected drives, & for the weather reports.