Question Google on P50 Pro?

Search This thread

bvrnundrgrnd

Nov 4, 2021
It feels like I've watched every video and read every article on the internet to try to get Google apps onto this phone (HarmonyOS 2.0).

I've got some of the apps to work but not all. For example "SoundCloud won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device."

I've tried Googlefier but it seems I can't downgrade the firmware to get it to work.

@Archibald1963's videos about OurPlay have been the most promising, but I'm still stuck.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome!

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
The Capital above the Lower one...
Harmony 2.0 if I'm not mistaken is huawei's no google software, created after the woman got kidnapped and held for ransom by canada for usa, leading to any of the three eyes (old 5 eyes nations) banning huawei devices from a certain date. Yeah some apps will work, but it's actually designed to block google, in retaliation, the uk banned huawei.

Strange how talktalk routers are huawei, even the latest... EE use them too!

It was created for those who want rid of googles spying. This MAY cause your problems.

I dumped huawei when they decided to stop unlocking bootloaders, and never followed up in that direction, but will keep tabs here in case old huawei knowledge is required.. :)

qbcgraphics

May 27, 2010
Android apps run without problems if they do not require google services. All videos for native installation of gms currently do not work on the P50 Pro.
I myself use GSpace and VMOS Pro and Youtube Vanced with microG. The notifications work fine, my banking app does not work.

iskalec1

Mar 6, 2021
In this video from link below is said that googlefier works after an update of Harmony 2.0.0.35. Can someone confirm this?
LINK
I have the international model with EMUI 12 where I could not make it work.

oncen

Aug 17, 2013
If I could make it worh with Harmony OS update it would be fantastic. Someone did it with updates (location changed to Hong Kong), noone could do the same. 😐
Nope. Huawei locked the bootloader, so that there will be no custom mod available for this global version. What is so annoying that this phone system relies on Gspace in order to google based app to work. For mobile banking and e-wallet apps, this is dangerous because lack of security, and Gspace also unstable and causing temperature rise during use.

Reactions: iskalec1

iskalec1

Mar 6, 2021
Nope. Huawei locked the bootloader, so that there will be no custom mod available for this global version. What is so annoying that this phone system relies on Gspace in order to google based app to work. For mobile banking and e-wallet apps, this is dangerous because lack of security, and Gspace also unstable and causing temperature rise during use.
One of the simptons, yes. If you try ourplay you would be in the same place.

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
my banking app does not work.
What banking applications do you use?
Can't find them in the App gallery?
On Mate40 pro I use 2 local banking applications (one of them for NFC payment), plus Curve (strictly for NFC payment).
Banking applications require installation from the App gallery.
Curve, for example, only works if installed from the App gallery.

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
All of my banking apps work just fine without GMS. And I use Curve and that works perfectly. Funnily enough Huawei wallet doesn't need GMS neither.
What banking applications do you use?
Can't find them in the App gallery?
On Mate40 pro I use 2 local banking applications (one of them for NFC payment), plus Curve (strictly for NFC payment).
Banking applications require installation from the App gallery.
Curve, for example, only works if installed from the App gallery.
I use Aurora which is just an open source front for the Play store. https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/community/details/Store-on-your-HMS-device-with-Aurora/topicId_47814/

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Some banking applications only work if they are installed from the App gallery.
That's why I said that the App gallery should be the first store used.
If these apps work if installed from Aurora, that's a bonus.

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
Some banking applications only work if they are installed from the App gallery.
That's why I said that the App gallery should be the first store used.
If these apps work if installed from Aurora, that's a bonus.

In my experience most apps are the same in both stores. Writing an app that uses native android api as opposed to either GMS or HMS is a lot easier than maintaining two android builds.

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
I couldn't use my local banking app until they put it in the App gallery, even though it was in the other app stores.
I'm talking about an app that worked perfectly on GMS phones, but didn't work on GMS-free phones, found in all other app stores, not in the App gallery too.
Also introduced in the App gallery, it worked perfectly on phones without GMS.

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
I couldn't use my local banking app until they put it in the App gallery, even though it was in the other app stores.
I'm talking about an app that worked perfectly on GMS phones, but didn't work on GMS-free phones, found in all other app stores, not in the App gallery too.
Also introduced in the App gallery, it worked perfectly on phones without GMS.
And that's the problem. To many lazy coders out there.

I have yet to find a family tracking app that works without GMS and yet no other app has problems with using my location.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I could make it worh with Harmony OS update it would be fantastic. Someone did it with updates (location changed to Hong Kong), noone could do the same. 😐