• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Pay fix Android 12

Search This thread

mushtafa

Aug 19, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Updated to Android 12 and now the GPay doesn't work.

Stock ROM, Cleanslate kernel, no root. Is there a fix? Or do I need to relock the bootloader?

Spookymyo

Dec 12, 2007
Morristown, TN
Google Pixel 4
This doesn't work with the new google pay. For the official android 12 you have to use magisk canary and there is no more magisk hide. They've gone to whats called the deny list. There isn't even a section to view safety net status on the new magisk canary build. I'm on a rooted pixel 4 with official android 12 and I can get every other banking and money app i use to work fine but just not google pay. Google is looking for disabled verity and verification and for unlocked bootloader status. Even if you don't have root, just the fact your bootloader is unlocked will not let google pay to work.

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
This fixed my 4 XL which is running Android 12 November 2021. Been racking my brain the past two days trying to figure out how to get GPay working since upgrading two A12. I NEVER carry my cards, I'd die without GPay.

All I needed was Canary, the newest SafetyNet and to hide GPay.

No SQL hack BS required here either.

Side note, A12 sucks. The layout looks like it was designed for a 70-year-old that has bad vision. I see I'm not the only one that shares these thoughts though, Google's forums and Reddit are littered with people complaining about the same thing.

This may be the first time in history and I'd been a Nexus and Pixel owner for years, I may downgrade back to a previous version of Android, it's THAT bad.