• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google Pay locks the entire watch

Search This thread

EdzGNote7

Dec 11, 2012
Just received GWatch 4. Installed Gpay, and it requires a lock code. I get that, but, it locks the entire watch. When I used Samsung Pay, it only locked the app. Why doesn't Gpay have similar behavior?

Reactions: matteo040178

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Just received GWatch 4. Installed Gpay, and it requires a lock code. I get that, but, it locks the entire watch. When I used Samsung Pay, it only locked the app. Why doesn't Gpay have similar behavior?
Yes, OK, but the pin is only required if you remove the watch from your wrist. As long as you wear it it will not request a pin, at least not on my watch.

This is one of the differences between Tizen and Wear. I have a Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS and this is the default security for Wear OS. If you want GPay you have to have a lock in place and on Wear it's to lock the device when not on your wrist. I also have a Galaxy Watch 3, and as we all know that to use Samsung Pay only the app needs to be locked by PIN. Although this watch looks like Samsung there are still some basic things that are absolutely Wear OS...

Yes, OK, but the pin is only required if you remove the watch from your wrist. As long as you wear it it will not request a pin, at least not on my watch.
Nope mine sometimes locks even when it's still on my wrist. Not all the time, but maybe about 30-40% of times I try to look at it.

Reactions: cooldude20000

sesnut

Jun 11, 2012
if im not mistaken, the reason the entire watch locks is because if the watch is awake, it will automatically use gpay if its set to default without actually having to open gpay, just like your phone

Drukan

Jan 4, 2010
outside of PHX, AZ
Coming from GW3, only needed pin for Sampay!
Now GW4 classic asks for pin every time I do anything but look at the time!! 😡
If this watch is so ****ing sophisticated, with all these sensors, why the **** do I have to strangle my wrist for it to know I'm wearing it?! And even when I tighten it, it's hit or miss!

Reactions: avirendra

EdzGNote7

Dec 11, 2012
If this watch is so ****ing sophisticated, with all these sensors, why the **** do I have to strangle my wrist for it to know I'm wearing it?! And even when I tighten it, it's hit or miss!
THIS is exactly what's happening to me!!!! And someone on Twitter says not the case?

Reactions: Drukan

BabeShaq

Oct 19, 2017
I had this issue of Gpay locking my watch every time the screen turns off, but it only happened once and a single reboot solved it for me.

mrfatiga22

Dec 5, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello, I tell you that I was able to make NFC payments work with the BBVA GO Apk in Argentina, I comment on why I think that in Latin America, it saved Chile, Brazil and Mexico, there is no application to use NFC Pay. If anyone is interested I can show them how I did. I cannot create a new thread as I am not reaching the level. Best regards Miguel.

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
Same issue with Spay. Would be great if someone can find a way to turn off that screenlock with NFC payment apps

V3N0M_90

Mar 25, 2011
Binghamton NY

GPay did the same thing for me. I had to put the created pin in every single time I tried to do anything on my watch. Didn't matter if it was on my wrist or not. I just went into the watch settings a removed the pin. Now it doesn't ask for it 🙂

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
GPay did the same thing for me. I had to put the created pin in every single time I tried to do anything on my watch. Didn't matter if it was on my wrist or not. I just went into the watch settings a removed the pin. Now it doesn't ask for it 🙂
But if you removed the PIN, then you must have lost Gpay right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Similar issue for me, except I am using Samsung Pay and it locks the whole watch. On my previous Galaxy Watch it worked fine and I only had to unlock to make a payment. Does anyone know why or how to prevent it?
    Nope mine sometimes locks even when it's still on my wrist. Not all the time, but maybe about 30-40% of times I try to look at it.
    Strange, maybe the watch thinks that you took it off? I have GPay installed and only have to unlock the watch when I take it off.