Google Pay (NFC) suddenly stopped working

Search This thread

kluczus

Feb 19, 2006
Hi. I'm using Google Pay for quite long time, but suddenly it stopped working at all. It looks like the app don't recognize I'm holding the phone against a terminal. I'm on 9.0.0.210(C432E10R1P16). NFC is working, I can read nfc tags. In google play device is marked as certificated.
Any ideas what is going on ?

aindow

Jun 5, 2010
Leyland
Have you tried a reboot or clearing Google pays cache in the apps area?

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk

CRK

Oct 7, 2007
London
I have the exact same problem - the phone doesn't even recognise the terminal and won't work for Google Pay on bus/underground or on card machines in store. I'm on build 9.0.0.265 not sure that is relevant but I only noticed the fail after the last software update.

Firething

Aug 23, 2008
Holstebro
Safenet passed, all succeed but nfc still not working.

I have the exact same problem - the phone doesn't even recognise the terminal and won't work for Google Pay on bus/underground or on card machines in store. I'm on build 9.0.0.265 not sure that is relevant but I only noticed the fail after the last software update.

If you both have the official updates and not run the hstool, you both should contact google support to check on the gpay status... ... the nfc is working fine, ju t not the gpay.. google should be able to check if its a backend problem

x2srj

Jun 29, 2010
Mine is the same, rebooted phone and still nothing.

Standard build and still works on my connected smartwatch

Bowie306

May 9, 2019
This is really weird because this morning my mate 20 x was working fine on the london underground. But during lunchtime i couldnt tap to buy my lunch and then it wouldnt work on the tube on the way home. Since our problem happened at a similar time could this be a problem with huawei? I get zero reaction when i place it near a terminal.

x2srj

Jun 29, 2010
This is really weird because this morning my mate 20 x was working fine on the london underground. But during lunchtime i couldnt tap to buy my lunch and then it wouldnt work on the tube on the way home. Since our problem happened at a similar time could this be a problem with huawei? I get zero reaction when i place it near a terminal.

Mine turned out to be that NFC had managed to turn its self off. I opened up Google pay and it told me it was off, turned it back on and now working again. No idea how it switched off in the first place, its not in my quick settings

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
There was a Google Play store update for Gpay a few days ago, did yours update? I'm on firmware 210 and Gpay worked Thursday but I have not tried since the app update.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYA-L09 using XDA Labs

Dfresh13

Nov 3, 2018
Mine stopped working yesterday.. Called Google no help..also been using since November had no issues until yesterday..

My Google pay version is 2.86..

I tried othed tap and go all working except Google pay..

kluczus

Feb 19, 2006
Still no luck. Google support didnt find any problems. So I have downloaded older version and I will try today.

Wysłane z mojego LYA-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Dfresh13

Nov 3, 2018
Can you please let us know? Thx

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Still no luck. Google support didnt find any problems. So I have downloaded older version and I will try today.

Wysłane z mojego LYA-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Please let us know Thx

Bowie306

May 9, 2019
So a little update on my end. I restarted my phone many times and toggle nfc a bunch of times and today all i got was a reaction. This was the warning saying hold your phone closer but after that, nothing. I dont understand whats wrong, my phone has zero reaction when placed near a pay terminal and it seems like a physical fault maybe the nfc coil was burnt out or something.

But since me and OP had this happen at nearly the same time makes me think its a software issue. I thought it might be like the old note 5 i had where you can trip knox but i dont know.

I had to buy my mate 20x from hong kong since it wasnt sold in the UK. Not sure if i can even claim warranty here.

Dfresh13

Nov 3, 2018
So a little update on my end. I restarted my phone many times and toggle nfc a bunch of times and today all i got was a reaction. This was the warning saying hold your phone closer but after that, nothing. I dont understand whats wrong, my phone has zero reaction when placed near a pay terminal and it seems like a physical fault maybe the nfc coil was burnt out or something.

But since me and OP had this happen at nearly the same time makes me think its a software issue. I thought it might be like the old note 5 i had where you can trip knox but i dont know.

I had to buy my mate 20x from hong kong since it wasnt sold in the UK. Not sure if i can even claim warranty here.

Have you tried factory reset? I'm doing mine tonight..I will report back if it works...

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Also OP have you tried a different Tap n pay app?

Does your bank have their own app? GooglePay stopped working for me but works with my bank's app..so it's not NFC

kluczus

Feb 19, 2006
Have you tried factory reset? I'm doing mine tonight..I will report back if it works...

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Also OP have you tried a different Tap n pay app?

Does your bank have their own app? GooglePay stopped working for me but works with my bank's app..so it's not NFC

No, I haven't tried factory reset. I prefer to stay with all my data ;) I will wait what google support tell me.
My other bank account also works with nfc without problem. Let me know what happen after factory reset :)

Dfresh13

Nov 3, 2018
No, I haven't tried factory reset. I prefer to stay with all my data ;) I will wait what google support tell me.
My other bank account also works with nfc without problem. Let me know what happen after factory reset :)

haha i would like to stay with my data too...i had them backed up already..just need to restore after...

I have contacted Google they were pretty useless..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - go to settings
    - Apps
    - Apps
    - right upper 3dots - show system processes
    - choose "Google Play services"
    - (stop or disable) and replace back with factory version (14.x.xx + some questions about device admin)
    - Data usage - disable background data
    This procedure deletes your cards from google pay too, but you dont need factory reset, only cards re-add...
    Thats all...
    Thank you it worked for me and solved the issue
    Regards