• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google Pay not working properly

Search This thread

niro0070

Aug 28, 2012
I installed Google pay on my Samsung galaxy watch 4 running wear os 3.
It works fine until the app is closed (either by closing it or resetting the watch) - and then when re-opening it it says google pay is not active in this location.
If I uninstall and reinstall it works fine again until the next time it is closed.
Any ideas on how to fix or what might be the issue?

Reactions: HailNibbler

HailNibbler

Jan 20, 2015
Same here, from Israel (Google Pay just launched yesterday here).
Glad to see I'm not the only one, hopefully someone will reach out to Samsung/Google, it's definitely bugged.

volobobo

Feb 9, 2016
Ich habe Google Pay auf meiner Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 mit laufendem OS 3 installiert.
Es funktioniert einwandfrei, bis die App geschlossen wird (entweder durch Schließen oder Zurücksetzen der Uhr) - und dann beim erneuten Öffnen heißt es, dass Google Pay an diesem Ort nicht aktiv ist.
Wenn ich es deinstalliere und neu installiere, funktioniert es wieder einwandfrei, bis es das nächste Mal geschlossen wird.
Irgendwelche Ideen, wie man das Problem beheben kann oder woran es liegen könnte?
Hast gpay unter nfc auf der uhr ausgewählt?

marcochapita

Aug 24, 2010
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
My google pay since yesterday, i had to format the watch, and after i configure all things.
Google pay wont add my Curve Card to the watch. Says that the Curve Card is already added.
But its not, i even removed the card from all places, and still it doesnt let me add the card to GPay on The watch, but i can add without anyproblems to GPLAY on the phone.

LoadTester

Dec 15, 2021
Having issues myself, installed GPay and the app redirects me to the nfc section in settings to choose it as the default app but the only option available is Samsung Pay.
Reinstalling the app doesn't appear to solve the issue.

marcochapita

Aug 24, 2010
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Having issues myself, installed GPay and the app redirects me to the nfc section in settings to choose it as the default app but the only option available is Samsung Pay.
Like this right??
There's no fix at the moment, the only thing that works is changing the csc of the watch. In my case it did work,but I have choose one country that don't use samsung pay.

Attachments

• 20211206_170920.jpg
    20211206_170920.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211206_170937.jpg
    20211206_170937.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: galaxys

LoadTester

Dec 15, 2021
same here in romania, redirects to nfc section and no option but samsung pay
I think i found a solution:

1. Reset the watch to factory settings (don't connect to phone yet).
2. Enable "Developer options" in phone.
3. Download a mock location app and a VPN app (I used "Fake GPS location" and "PIA VPN")
4. Enter "Developer options" and select the app you downloaded in the mock location menu.
5. Set phone location to to supported country (I used USA) and the VPN server to the same location.
6. Connect the phone to the watch and start the setup process.
7. Disable location and WIFI on the watch.
8. Download the GPay app to the watch.
9. Start GPay app on the watch and finish the setup.
10. Enter the NFC menu and choose GPay as the payment app.

And done.
Now you can delete the mock location app and the VPN app from your phone and enable location and WIFi on the watch.
Worked for me and had success using it IRL.
Hope this helps someone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like this right??
    There's no fix at the moment, the only thing that works is changing the csc of the watch. In my case it did work,but I have choose one country that don't use samsung pay.
    Fix for the Samsung pay problem will be to uninstall samsung pay throw adb. Look for tutorials to use adb in the watch but it is not difficult.
    I installed Google pay on my Samsung galaxy watch 4 running wear os 3.
    It works fine until the app is closed (either by closing it or resetting the watch) - and then when re-opening it it says google pay is not active in this location.
    If I uninstall and reinstall it works fine again until the next time it is closed.
    Any ideas on how to fix or what might be the issue?
    Like this right??
    Fix for the Samsung pay problem will be to uninstall samsung pay throw adb. Look for tutorials to use adb in the watch but it is not difficult.