• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google Pay trouble with Global ROM

Search This thread

CrunchyDoodle

I purchased a Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra from a Canadian supplier with a professionally installed Global ROM. It was set for New York City, USA, when I powered it up. The only Google function I'm having trouble with is Google Pay. When I put in a payment method (I tried a credit card and PayPal), it tells me I can't use it to buy things in a store because it may be rooted or otherwise hacked and is a security risk. Of course, my supplier says I'm the only person who's had this problem.

Did the professional installation of the Global ROM leave a trace of rooting or hacking? Since this was originally a Chinese phone, is there some trace of that gumming up the works?

I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions to figure this out.

I purchased a Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra from a Canadian supplier with a professionally installed Global ROM. It was set for New York City, USA, when I powered it up. The only Google function I'm having trouble with is Google Pay. When I put in a payment method (I tried a credit card and PayPal), it tells me I can't use it to buy things in a store because it may be rooted or otherwise hacked and is a security risk. Of course, my supplier says I'm the only person who's had this problem.

Did the professional installation of the Global ROM leave a trace of rooting or hacking? Since this was originally a Chinese phone, is there some trace of that gumming up the works?

as i know, Google pay will not support for unlocked bootloader phone.
And yours is a China 11 ultra, unlocked bootloader and flash global rom. So the phone is unlocked.
I heard somebody said that only method is root your phone using magisk and then turn on magisk hide

Reactions: EvilDeadFan

mynameismada

Feb 19, 2008
I have the same error, however my phone it's a Mi 9 with Global Stable 12.5.1 bought from a carrier from my country - definitely no unlocked bootloader, no other ROM flashed.

error 2.jpg

ADRIANO1610

Oct 21, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-21-10-35-42-785_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-21-10-35-42-785_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2021-10-21-16-59-19-518_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-21-16-59-19-518_com.android.settings.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

as i know, Google pay will not support for unlocked bootloader phone.
    And yours is a China 11 ultra, unlocked bootloader and flash global rom. So the phone is unlocked.
    I heard somebody said that only method is root your phone using magisk and then turn on magisk hide
    Well, Google Pay works on my 10 ultra with xiaomi.eu firmware on a CN version with an unlocked bootloader, and they say it works on the Mi 11 Ultra too.
    Xiaomi.eu already use special method to bypass safetynet check