• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google photos bug?

Search This thread

kiz84

Apr 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all,

Got my Pixel 6 Pro and while battery life has been rubbish but is now settling, I have a weird bug with Google Photos.

I can't access the "memories" properly as every time I click on one I just get a black screen. If I leave the screen on, after about 2 minutes it will show up but God knows what is happening in-between.

I have also noticed that some photos all taken on the same day show up as multiple days on photos. It's fine if I look in a browser Weird as hell. I've tried to Clear cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data.

Is anyone else having similar issues? There's a Google questions thread with the same issue and it's not been solved yet. Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Air

Sep 21, 2004
I seem to have the same problem. My device runs noticeable warm. Google photos lags crazy and the media storage app (you have to show system apps) seems to use 20GB storage. Something is wrong. Were you able to fix this?

• Wow

kiz84

Apr 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I ended up speaking to Google over chat and they sent me a new device but it's got the same issue. Accessing memories still gives me a black screen.

Maybe this is some weird Google Photos caching thing. I'm gonna see if it settles after a few days

• Wow

Air

Sep 21, 2004
@kiz84 could you check what your "media storage" app shows as user data? mine shows 20.78GB that's insane.

Air

Sep 21, 2004
settings -> apps -> all apps -> three dots and "show system" then search for "Media Storage"

wilbur-force

Feb 23, 2009
Lancashire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
my memories works fine
device doesnt run warm on google photos
but my user data for media storage is 28.10gb

thats about 10gb of video and 17gb of photos. A quick check shows the video size to be about right. im not going to count up the images sizes :D

kiz84

Apr 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think the media size is ok because I have a lot of WhatsApp stuff in there too. Memories sometimes appear and sometimes are just blank. If I click on them, they just appear black. Weird. Must be a bug surely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @wilbur-force in case you're still having this black screen issue with memories, it seems to have solved itself. I didn't do anything tbh but now they are working fine 🤷‍♂️
    Sorry, wrong person I meant @Air ! Please see above 😆