Google Photos or Gallery widget?

Search This thread

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Download Picture Frame Widget from the Samsung app store. They don't include it on all devices but it lets you use your gallery as a picture frame widget.

Got it. Thanks.

The implementation is very mediocre. Its just like a sideshow of all pictures.

I am looking at what Google photos does. Make stories and says last year this time etc. No point in just shuffling all thousands of pictures which even includes page pictures etc.

Even though I am loving the note 20 ultra after using iPhone for 1p years, same company makes way better apps for iOS. After 10 years of widgets there are just very basic widgets by the apps themselves.

Last edited:

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Got it. Thanks.

I am looking at what Google photos does. Make stories and says last year this time etc. No point in just shuffling all thousands of pictures which even includes page pictures etc.

Even though I am loving the note 20 ultra after using iPhone for 1p years, same company makes way better apps for iOS. After 10 years of widgets there are just very basic widgets by the apps themselves.

If you go into the settings you can really customize it beyond just a slideshow. There are a lot of options.

Reactions: jsusang

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Kuwait
Just picking up from the post by @enjoylife1788
Is there a widget that can use Google Photos as the source? I want to put that widget on my mother's phone and then my brother's & I can either load photos remotely to her Google Photos or maybe even share out pictures with her. That way, she, although not tech capable can get to see our pictures.

Will really appreciate any tip to get this happening.

jsusang

Jun 10, 2020
Got it. Thanks.

Hi, @enjoylife1788

I use a previous version of Samsung Picture Frame Widget (Version 1.8.01.6) because it has more options.

Nova Launcher allows resizing of widgets.

The Samsung Gallery app will create stories. It also has Labs which will appear when you click several times on the version in "About app."

I am using Simple Gallery Pro (Simple Mobile Tools) on N20U. It may have a widget, but since I have it installed on external storage the widget does not appear in the widgets list.

tbman1996

Feb 9, 2010
Hi, @enjoylife1788

I use a previous version of Samsung Picture Frame Widget (Version 1.8.01.6) because it has more options.

Nova Launcher allows resizing of widgets.

The Samsung Gallery app will create stories. It also has Labs which will appear when you click several times on the version in "About app."

I am using Simple Gallery Pro (Simple Mobile Tools) on N20U. It may have a widget, but since I have it installed on external storage the widget does not appear in the widgets list.
Yo just wanted to say thank you for this. Spent a stupidly long amount of time trying to find a basic competent photo widget. The latest version of the Samsung widget doesn't let you access the settings on Nova. So thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't have it there.
    Yes you do, it's in the middle of your screen shot where it says other similar apps.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    Got it. Thanks.

If you go into the settings you can really customize it beyond just a slideshow. There are a lot of options.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone