Google pixel 2 slot unbootable load error

Search This thread

ians9994

Dec 20, 2010
which command are you using to flash????
I've been using the skipsoft tool I've got adb and fastboot installed aswell sorry I've not got much experience using the cmd I'm wondering if there could also be a problem with the bootloader because it just restarts everytime I try and do anything and doesn't prompt me to sideload image

Hieu_Dao_Hanoi

Jun 1, 2018
Hi i have a google pixel 2 128gb and have the problem where the phone is stuck on the bootloader saying slot unbootable load error its on boot slot b and the bootloader is locked ive tried everything i can to unlock the bootloader but it just wont do it ive tried the skipsoft tool and have even donated for the extra pro options in the program but still no luck if anyone can help id really appreciate it cheers.

Hi ians9994,

I am Hieu from Vietnam. Just got the same issue as yours. Did you get your phone back?
If yes, Please help to share to save my phone.

Thank you!

DuckRuckus

Sep 29, 2017
I've been using the skipsoft tool I've got adb and fastboot installed aswell sorry I've not got much experience using the cmd I'm wondering if there could also be a problem with the bootloader because it just restarts everytime I try and do anything and doesn't prompt me to sideload image
That tool is worthless to you right now, because you can't boot the system and use ADB, and the bootloader is locked so you can't use fastboot. It relies on the ability to use both of them.

Download the proper OTA, not factory image, and place it in the folder where you have ADB. From the bootloader, use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and select it. Open a CMD window in the ADB folder and type "adb devices". It should show your s/n with sideload next to it. Type "adb sideload xxx.zip" replacing xxx with the filename of your OTA. Once it's finished, select "reboot system now". You should be good to go.

Reactions: TheNerdLLC

Steve.Beanz

Sep 16, 2010
Boston
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have been having the same problems as the others in this thread, but I cant get adb to recognize my device. I have tried updating drivers, switched cables, different computers, deleting and re-downloading platform tools, etc. Is there something I'm missing, or is my phone completely dead? I don't believe it's the usb port, because when the phone is off and I plug in the cable, The screen flashes the charging symbol briefly and then turns on to the load error screen. My bootloader is unlocked and is on slot A. Thanks for any help you all can give. If you would like me to create a new thread instead, I will. Thanks again.

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
I had the same problem occur when I tried to restore a nandroid backup. The phone would stay in bootloader with the load error and would not go into recovery or be recognized by the PC. I thought for sure it is bricked. However, luckily before I decided to send it to Google I chanced on a write up where the person had kept the power button depressed and it continued to reboot to bootloader. I had the usb cable connected to the PC. After about 2 - 3 minutes of rebooting again and again to the bootloader error screen I suddenly heard a beep from the computer and lo and behold it was being recognized by the PC. That's all I needed to flash a stock image.

I had answered this in another similar topic. The link is given here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79137071&postcount=8
Hope this works for you.

Last edited:

o759

Jan 29, 2011
Hi ians9994,

I am Tommy from Canton. Just got the same issue as yours. id ashokabs said
:kept the power button down while the phone was connected via USB to the PC for at least 5 mins. During several reboots suddenly!!!
so,go to flash OTA ROM?.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Hi ians9994,

I am Tommy from Canton. Just got the same issue as yours. id ashokabs said
:kept the power button down while the phone was connected via USB to the PC for at least 5 mins. During several reboots suddenly!!!
so,go to flash OTA ROM?.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what were you doing that you got the error?

turn off phone. press power and volume down until you see fastboot mode and let us know which slot you are on.
    thanks for the reply I have bought the phone like this in the hope of being able to fix it but its looking ever more like ive lost my money its on boot slot b :)

flash factory image. you will loose all data but assuming you got it like this I guess you dont have any data to loose.
    Because there is a barcodes section in the bootloader and it displays the imei number in there which matches the number on the box

install adb and fastboot.

sideload latest OTA. can be done with locked bootloader.
    That tool is worthless to you right now, because you can't boot the system and use ADB, and the bootloader is locked so you can't use fastboot. It relies on the ability to use both of them.

Download the proper OTA, not factory image, and place it in the folder where you have ADB. From the bootloader, use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and select it. Open a CMD window in the ADB folder and type "adb devices". It should show your s/n with sideload next to it. Type "adb sideload xxx.zip" replacing xxx with the filename of your OTA. Once it's finished, select "reboot system now". You should be good to go.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone