• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Pixel 3 screen protectors, cases and accessories

Search This thread

evilryry

Sep 15, 2013
I just got in today which appears to be a 3rd revision to the intelliarmor glass. upon first look, I may not even bother to attempt to install it. It's notch cutout doesn't look good, and this time they have a bottom speaker cutout. Also doesn't appear to be totally case friendly with how tall it is it didn't sit flush on my phone screen without touching the case and lifting a little with a Spigen rugged armor on it. To me it's another failed attempt which is so disappointing because I've always loved their glasses in the past.

Excuse the poor pic this is more to give an idea what this attempt looks like. I may try to install it for s**ts and giggles, but I'm not sure. (Posted in both glass/accessory discussion threads)
@intelliARMOR

Edit: I reached out to intelliarmor customer support again and they told me I unfortunately received an older version in place of what was supposed to be the revised version, and they are sending me another one which will hopefully be the correct model.

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_010921.jpg
    IMG_20181129_010921.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

jfive74

Apr 15, 2008
Quick question to thise who have used loca glue to seal edges. I see there are 2 viscosities 1000 and 2500. Which works best and removes easiest?. Saw some videos on youtube and seems 2500 removes easier.

And is uv light needed to cure or will time do the trick as well? Thanks.

Using liquid applied screen protector at the moment. Good but wanna get back to glass. Thanks.

FahriSengun

Jul 15, 2018
Nillkin Frosted Series

Hello Friends,
After a long search, I have found my case.
Just as I want it.

Premium feel.
Good grip.
Minimalistic and still protective.

...and something that matches the white Pixel.

It is available on the Nillkin Website and AliExpress.

Thank you all
Fahri

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Quick question to thise who have used loca glue to seal edges. I see there are 2 viscosities 1000 and 2500. Which works best and removes easiest?. Saw some videos on youtube and seems 2500 removes easier.

And is uv light needed to cure or will time do the trick as well? Thanks.

Using liquid applied screen protector at the moment. Good but wanna get back to glass. Thanks.

Everyone has been using 2000-2500 with good results. https://www.amazon.com/Xfactor®-LOC...UTF8&qid=1543737697&sr=8-3&keywords=loca+2500 is the one the people have been using. You have to UV cure the LOCA so grab any UV light or you can keep your phone out in the sun but this takes a lot longer and it's not worth it as UV lights are really cheap.

Just finished installing the Whitestone Dome. Different install with this one (no tilting, gotta use some sort of "squeegee" to get the process going). HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading the instructions a couple times and do a "dry" run a couple of times first. Very satisfied and fits perfect with my Spigen Rugged Armor case.1157053320.jpeg1605644132.jpeg1002353116.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: psklenar

Hinesight 20/20

May 18, 2015
Ohio
Got the Whitestone Dome today. Had to reinstall it because my case ( LifeProof Next) dislodged the bottom a tiny bit. Didn't ruin the functionality, but drove me nuts looking at the discoloration. Turns out I had the protector just a smidge too low. Double cured it, and am going to let it sit overnight before putting the case back on.

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
I may have found my perfect case. it's the x-level hero, and appears to be only available from one seller who is on AliExpress. on my first order the package got returned to the shipper, but the second order arrived in just under 3 weeks. it's a minimal case much like the mofi I had for the 2xl, but it's got a textured back so there's some grip. my only complaint is that there's no lip for the front, bit other than that it's amazing. I bought the black and red, it's also available in rose gold. the red is a bit more subdued than the pictures make it look. 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181206234130860_COVER.jpeg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181206234200814_COVER.jpeg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181206234141209_COVER.jpeg

Reactions: tigercranestyle
G

GuestK00143

Just a heads up from my personal experience. I ordered the Pixel stand for mine with the $50 Google Store credit. It would connect and disconnect repeatedly with the Otterbox case. Even with the rubber removed it wouldn't stay connected. Returned the stand and bought 2 mini home speakers instead.

Yup I get a similar experience with my Speck Presidio case and the Pixel stand. It usually reverts to slow charging. I only paid $40 for the stand and don't mind too much because I only use it at bed time. Still it's a disappointment and the stand lacks the penetrating power that the Samsung fast chargers have. It isn't worth $90 at all, not even close.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00143

Wow, a 40$ case would not let you use the wireless stand?
Anyone else have the same issue with the presidio?

The $40 is what I paid for the stand (edited the post) and from what I read on Reddit nearly all the cases mess with it including the official Google case. I can still use the stand but the fast charge isn't consistent and it reverts to slow charge.

aviatordoc

May 7, 2013
CHA
The $40 is what I paid for the stand (edited the post) and from what I read on Reddit nearly all the cases mess with it including the official Google case. I can still use the stand but the fast charge isn't consistent and it reverts to slow charge.

Thats not all true. I have the Spigen rugged armor case and use the pixel stand everyday. Not a problem. Super fast charging.

Cryingmoose

Aug 30, 2011
Just a heads up from my personal experience. I ordered the Pixel stand for mine with the $50 Google Store credit. It would connect and disconnect repeatedly with the Otterbox case. Even with the rubber removed it wouldn't stay connected. Returned the stand and bought 2 mini home speakers instead.

I'm using the Spigen Tough Armor with my 3XL and Pixel stand and it works perfectly.
Notification lights on the stand work, so does the display and fast charging

csick

Apr 29, 2011
West Warwick
3 tries and still failed haha
ill wait for my next 3 mr shields before trying again :rolleyes:

I used that thin plastic sheet that you peel from the Mr Shield screen protector. Put some loca on that and gently shove it in the edges.

Here is a similar process from SGFresh.
Forward to 0:57. You'll see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps! :good:

I tried this too but I couldn't get the halo completely gone. I made a mess with loca glue that made my phone really sticky.
@MervinsOnlineID did you use loca 1000 or 2500? I bought 2500 and I'm wondering if it's slightly too viscous to seep in around the edges well.

gogoffm

May 2, 2017
Bought the origin Pixel 3 XL case from Google and today it arrived. I can't tell you all how pissed I am, 50€ for nothing. The case looks not that bad, BUT the part around the power button is so tight that the phone is rebooting constantly. It's unusable for me and I will return it.

Reactions: yokodev

presence06

Mar 3, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone ever done an actual drop test on any cases? I'm just wondering..

I have a Pixel 3XL, I had an S8 with a Otterbox Commuter case on it, no screen protector. I dropped the phone a lot and even fell off my bike from handlebar height and flew.. never broke.

I picked up the Otterbox Defender, I like it, but 2 draw backs.. bulk and can't wireless charge..looks like it would protect against drops very well.. I picked up the Spigen Neo Hybrid and put that on last night. I like it for the smaller profile, it's a little slippery though IMO.. I like the screen lips and back camera lips.. My only concern is how well it would protect against a drop from say waist high..

Just curious what peoples thoughts or if they've played with drops..

Top Liked Posts