Google Pixel 3 XL OEM unlocking greyed out ?

Search This thread

GunToYoMouth123

May 16, 2009
Miami
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So I just got my Google pixel 3 XL straight from Google. First thing I wanted to do was root my phone. I've tried everything from restarting device and updating my phone to the latest updated ( I was told that it needs to update before OEM unlock is enabled) but still it's greyed out. Does anyone know what's going on ? I spent a lot of money to finally get an unlocked version to be able to root it.

I'm using At&t as my network.
If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

MilkMan302

Apr 14, 2015
Grandville
Google Pixel 3 XL
Wondering if you have found a fix for this. I just received my RMA and also cannot unlock due to greyed out OEM Unlock. My first 3XL unlocked fine. Inserted Verizon sim, set up phone and then unlocked in Dev options. Currently Google support say there is no fix and they are looking into it. Just curious where you are in this...

divyeshgopal

Mar 24, 2014
OEM Unlocking Greyed Out- Pixel 3XL

I purchased a brand new Pixel 3 XL from the Google Store. In the Developer's Option, it shows that the "OEM unlocking" is greyed out. I purchased an unlocked phone. Do not understand why I am not able to unlock it. Your assistance is much appreciated.

I do not have a sim card in it. Don't see the point why I am unable to unlock it.

Bootloader version: b1c1-0.1-5004167
Product revision: crosshatch MP1.0(ROW)

Any assistance is much appreciated.

tombaldwin6

Aug 30, 2010
Simi Valley
I hate to beat a dead horse here. But in my Verizon 3xl I can switch OEM locking back and forth. It even gives me a warning about unlocking it. I've never tried anything past this point cause I don't want to rework my phone from the begining. Can everyone do this ?! Why isn't mine greyed out ?

May 15, 2022
Sinnoh
Wondering if you have found a fix for this. I just received my RMA and also cannot unlock due to greyed out OEM Unlock. My first 3XL unlocked fine. Inserted Verizon sim, set up phone and then unlocked in Dev options. Currently Google support say there is no fix and they are looking into it. Just curious where you are in this...
Verizon blocks bootloader unlocking :(

Xryphon

Dec 1, 2020
I hate to beat a dead horse here. But in my Verizon 3xl I can switch OEM locking back and forth. It even gives me a warning about unlocking it. I've never tried anything past this point cause I don't want to rework my phone from the begining. Can everyone do this ?! Why isn't mine greyed out ?
Does it work? Did you do anything specific?

Top Liked Posts