Google pixel 3a xl, 4 xl verizon sim unlock

Search This thread

Bad Bimr

Dec 29, 2010
Can someone confirm if it will work on Pixel 3A XL Sprint Locked? Thank you!

Worked on my Sprint 3a XL using on att, also remained sim unlocked after updating 9->10->11. Thanks OP (y)

Was the Sprint Pixel 3a XL that you guys got to worked ever activated on Sprint? I have a brand new NEVER activated Sprint sim locked Pixel 3a XL and can't seem to get this to work. After I do this the phone will not recognize any sim. All help is welcomed. Thanks.

Last edited:

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
Never. Bought mine brand new in the box, sealed and unactivated. Never even connected it to the internet before following these steps, I found them before making my purchase and was careful to make this the first thing I did after skipping past various setup options to turn on usb debugging. I was on android 9 out of the box. I'm using it with an att mvno sim without issue.

I don't know any more than anyone else who's read the instructions, but did you follow step 1 carefully? I took it to mean that flying under the radar, staying from connectivity, including activation, is the goal. Not sure what's wrong, but I can't imagine activation would be a benefit.

Reid1

Jan 28, 2021
I created an account to say just to say "This worked perfectly" , I initially didn't follow instructions and did:
setup device and had simcard already inserted, ran the command from adb, "success" but still getting the Error to call Verizon, so I factory reset the device (deleted ESim) , bypassed all initial setup options and enabled developer mode, ran the adb command and then inserted the sim card, it's working perfectly and now see the T-Mobile network!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-111903.png
    Screenshot_20210128-111903.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20210128_221131042.jpg
    PXL_20210128_221131042.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103

mahendralata

Jan 27, 2021
ADB devices showed my device, ADB shell, command successful and $ but pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig is command doesn't exist or wrong command on android 11 Pixel 4 verizon.

mahendralata

Jan 27, 2021
There's a typing mistake while using adb shell, it's working
Fine with pixel 4 verizon on android 11, the e Sim and
physical sim both
worked fine. Thank you all for your kind support.

Reactions: Reid1

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
How do you " Using the terminal (ADB) " ?

I created an account to say just to say "This worked perfectly" , I initially didn't follow instructions and did:
setup device and had simcard already inserted, ran the command from adb, "success" but still getting the Error to call Verizon, so I factory reset the device (deleted ESim) , bypassed all initial setup options and enabled developer mode, ran the adb command and then inserted the sim card, it's working perfectly and now see the T-Mobile network!

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
The unlock remains in place after OS 11 updates, but you will need to repeat process if you factory reset. I modified the instructions to expand on line 3 for the folks not familiar with ADB.

1. Do a full reset without a SIM card, then do not insert the SIM and do not connect to the Internet configure and do not connect to the Internet until the end of the instructions.
2. Next, enable usb debugging in the developer settings.
3. Using the terminal (ADB - see notes on bottom), write:
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
4. After the success label, insert the SIM, see the network and boldly connect to the Internet.

Expanded notes for line 3.
Download and unzip platform-tools, connect phone to computer, open command prompt/terminal, change directory to unzipped platform-tools path, write:
adb shell

here's link to ADB https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Last edited:

Bad Bimr

Dec 29, 2010
I've tried to do this countless times with a Brand New Never Activated Sprint Pixel 3a XL.
It's on Android 9 June 5, 2019 Security patch level Build# PQ3B.190605.006
I've reset the phone, including checking the e-sim option and Erase All.
Upon reset I skip everything possible.
Turn off WiFi.
Enable Developer settings.
Launch ADB.
I input ADB DEVICES to make sure the phone is connected
adb shell

I get a SUCCESS
Without a reboot I insert an active Verizon SIM card and NOTHING
Phone shows no SIM card.
Turn on WiFi and connect, phone finishes set-up and tries to update software.
Still shows no SIM.
Reboot phone does not help.
Am I missing something or am I just unlucky.
Thanks
BB

EDIT: Tried again. Still no go. I decided to check my verizon account and it shows my phone as a Pixel 3A and the imei of that sprint phone. Strange thing is I am using a Pixel 2XL to access my Verizon, weird.

Attachments

• ADB-Pixel3AXL.png
    ADB-Pixel3AXL.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

crazykas

Jun 11, 2011
Colombo
The unlock remains in place after OS 11 updates, but you will need to repeat process if you factory reset. I modified the instructions to expand on line 3 for the folks not familiar with ADB.

1. Do a full reset without a SIM card, then do not insert the SIM and do not connect to the Internet configure and do not connect to the Internet until the end of the instructions.
adb shell
4. After the success label, insert the SIM, see the network and boldly connect to the Internet.

Download and unzip platform-tools, connect phone to computer, open command prompt/terminal, change directory to unzipped platform-tools path, write:
adb shell

My I know whether you have sprint one? After you unlock have you tried any GSM sims?

spocko

May 22, 2013
This unlock method has some limitations and is not equivalent to a true unlock.

While it does seem to work around device-side sim card blocks, there can still be blocks that are implemented on the carrier side. Carriers which pair the device IMEI and sim card ID, such as MVNOs that are still operating on the legacy Sprint or Verizon networks, may not be able to activate the device.

Also, this method does not enable the OEM unlock (bootloader unlock) option in developer settings.

Reactions: Armentanzirian

BloodMist

Feb 17, 2020
Guys does this method works after android 12 Developer Preview installation?
i have 3a XL unlocked that way and i wanted to install developer preview but im afraid that i wouldnt be able to use that method
thank you
its Verizon btw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3. Using the terminal (ADB), write:
    adb shell
    All this will work until the first SOFTWARE update or reset, then you will have to repeat the new one.

I didn't find this method. Was on Russian forum.
    Check whether it works or not

adb shell

adb shell

Can you please point me to the russian forum ?

Nobody can because it doesn't exist
    Can someone confirm if it will work on Pixel 3A XL Sprint Locked? Thank you!
    yes work
    This unlock method has some limitations and is not equivalent to a true unlock.

While it does seem to work around device-side sim card blocks, there can still be blocks that are implemented on the carrier side. Carriers which pair the device IMEI and sim card ID, such as MVNOs that are still operating on the legacy Sprint or Verizon networks, may not be able to activate the device.

Also, this method does not enable the OEM unlock (bootloader unlock) option in developer settings.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone