• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google pixel 5 roll back

Search This thread

jake9401

Sep 16, 2011
Can I will back a pixel 5 from Android 11 to Android 9 so I may edit the build.prop file. I have tried the suggestions on the site using various apps but none seemed to work

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
Can I will back a pixel 5 from Android 11 to Android 9 so I may edit the build.prop file. I have tried the suggestions on the site using various apps but none seemed to work
You should be able to edit the build.prop on 11 too. I haven't done it yet, and I'm just getting ready to go to work so I can't test, but this is the first I've ever heard of not being able to and I think you are mistaken. With root you should be able to edit it.

l7777

May 2, 2007
Please let me know if it works for you
Be aware, directly editing it will make it impossible to pass safetynet checks if you use any apps that check it. My understanding is that MagiskHideProps modifies the file dynamically so that safetynet can still pass. What edit were you trying to make that didn't work? This section of the MagiskHideProps references setting custom properties.

jake9401

Sep 16, 2011
Be aware, directly editing it will make it impossible to pass safetynet checks if you use any apps that check it. My understanding is that MagiskHideProps modifies the file dynamically so that safetynet can still pass. What edit were you trying to make that didn't work? This section of the MagiskHideProps references setting custom properties.
It was Net.tethering.noprovisioning=true to enable my hotspot.

jake9401

Sep 16, 2011
I have not, all the responses I've been getting keep telling me to use the Magisk-props-config but it never seems to implement the change. After I make the change and reboot I still can not enable my hot spot but when I go back into the module the change is still there, so I don't know what Im doing wrong or as your suggesting it just does not work.

l7777

May 2, 2007
I have not, all the responses I've been getting keep telling me to use the Magisk-props-config but it never seems to implement the change. After I make the change and reboot I still can not enable my hot spot but when I go back into the module the change is still there, so I don't know what Im doing wrong or as your suggesting it just does not work.
You may be operating under a false premise. You believe that if the prop is correct your hotspot will work. What if the prop is correct but does not work to enable the hotspot on Android 11? By all accounts, MagiskHideProps does work. You can check by running the getprop command in a terminal window.

Reactions: sd_shadow

jake9401

Sep 16, 2011
Would it be the last entry in the long list of information? if so I do not see it. Also when creating the custom prop it asks for a value, what should I be giving it?

l7777

May 2, 2007
It was Net.tethering.noprovisioning=true to enable my hotspot.

Would it be the last entry in the long list of information? if so I do not see it. Also when creating the custom prop it asks for a value, what should I be giving it?
From your earlier note, net.tethering.noprovisioning is the property, true is the value.

Check it by using getprop from the command line. The below section of the MagiskHideProps reference is where you should start.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol no. No you can't. Why would you buy a pixel 5 just to roll it back to an outdated OS?? Makes zero sense
    Why not simply use MagiskHideProps? It will let you set any property you wish.
    You may be operating under a false premise. You believe that if the prop is correct your hotspot will work. What if the prop is correct but does not work to enable the hotspot on Android 11? By all accounts, MagiskHideProps does work. You can check by running the getprop command in a terminal window.