General Google Pixel 6 Pro

Search This thread

HtcDesire2

Sep 2, 2010
Wellington
Xiaomi Mi A1
Google Pixel 6
I guess Android 12 will be released on 13-09 and Pixel 6 will be launched on 30-09.

My guess is based on the images from the Official video on google store.

2021-08-30 09_11_21-Google Pixel 6 – Google Store.png

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
One thing is for sure - Google will let us know when the big day is. I'm watching that 9/30 day. Android 12 will need to be finished first. There will be lots of PR to promote the big reveal. I'm not worried about when, concentrating on a color choice. I went from the usual black to white but now that yellow is looking good.

PGHammer

Jul 10, 2015
Accokeek,MD
I plan to upgrade to the 6 Pro from my 3 XL.
I plan on upgrading from my 3a (currently running DroidOnTime 5.2). I have no objectkions to either Android 12 OR Material You (as I was runnning the betas os 12 before DroidOnTime 5.1.3, and then 5.2); I am simply waiting for retail availability (or better Amazon availabililty), so my mom - who followed me to the 3a last year - can upgrade our respective 3a smartphones simultaneously. We both went to the 3a for the same reason - the deadliest still-picture capability in a phone at the time; so far, the 6 Pro has shown itself to be deadlier - despite being phablet-sized (size-wise, the 6 Pro reminds me of of the Galaxy Note 9, Note 10, and even the Note 20 Ultra; rather amusingly, the 6 Pro is piced less than any of them new).

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I own a small Pixel 2 and was waiting for the Pixel 6 Pro, even after replacing my battery its too small and it sucks.
I've been a bit disappointed with the reviews and I'm currently debating whether to import (when there's one available) the Pixel 6 Pro for 900 euros or buy (through the company I work) the Samsung S21 Ultra for 720 euros.
Will the lack of timely updates and the One UI bother me? I just can't decide, some opinions would be appreciated.
Cheers

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are there any reasons to steer clear on the 6 Pro? I have a Pixel 3 XL that has seen better days. My daily seems to keep locking up or shutting down randomly, and my backup one is running a ROM of Android 9. Do love the fingerprint sensor on the back however. Unless it's advisable to steer clear of the P6 I'm about ready to pull the trigger. Will buy from Amazon since they have a 30 day return policy in case the 7 comes out and has compelling features.
    Are there any reasons to steer clear on the 6 Pro? I have a Pixel 3 XL that has seen better days. My daily seems to keep locking up or shutting down randomly, and my backup one is running a ROM of Android 9. Do love the fingerprint sensor on the back however. Unless it's advisable to steer clear of the P6 I'm about ready to pull the trigger. Will buy from Amazon since they have a 30 day return policy in case the 7 comes out and has compelling features.
    If you're happy with the price, then no, there's no reason to steer clear since you can return it easily. Some users have reported various problems with theirs. My wife and I have had ours for over 10 months (mine rooted, hers not) and we haven't had any major issues, and what small issues I did have, they've been taken care of with a later update.

I miss the back fingerprint sensor, too. I remember talking to a coworker six years ago when I got the Pixel 1. He's an iPhone user and he was perplexed as to why anyone would want a fingerprint sensor on the back. I think ideally we'd have both back and front. :)
    If you're happy with the price, then no, there's no reason to steer clear since you can return it easily. Some users have reported various problems with theirs. My wife and I have had ours for over 10 months (mine rooted, hers not) and we haven't had any major issues, and what small issues I did have, they've been taken care of with a later update.

I miss the back fingerprint sensor, too. I remember talking to a coworker six years ago when I got the Pixel 1. He's an iPhone user and he was perplexed as to why anyone would want a fingerprint sensor on the back. I think ideally we'd have both back and front. :)
    My neighbor with some iteration of iPhone was floored when I unlocked mine. He asked what I was doing when I unlocked, and I thought he'd faint. It's such a logical idea and the sensor is in an absolutely perfect spot. Amazon is pretty backordered on the phones which makes me wonder if the 7 is around the corner and Google is trying to diminish inventory.
    Guess I'll find out Saturday since I ordered one today. Trying to figure out what the first step should be. I want to root before I set it up for first run as a daily.
    Click the yellow How To Guide quick filter at the top of the list of threads in this section. You'll find at least a couple of threads that give all the necessary details of steps to follow.
    Flashed bootloader to both slots, then applied factory image for 13, then rooted. Migrated what apps I could but it didn't move most of my passwords and such. Finally put SIM in tonight, will test it as a daily tomorrow. Will carry one of my 3XL's just in case. I'm in an area with poor Verizon coverage and noticed it ran hot after I put SIM in. But my other phones do the same thing. No 5G here at home unfortunately.
    Indeed, agree with both of you.

Our site is optimized for mobile webviewing and that does allow you to filter by Development etc and is actually pretty usable and better in many ways than the App is currently. So setting some Mobile browser bookmarks can be a good way to go.

Mike
    Also, howdy Mike. Long time no see. Been a few years since I even posted on the forums.
    Careful, or the Pixel 6 Pro forum could end up turning into a cesspool!
    I meant like the typical sub forums, accessories, guides news discussion, themes apps mods, q & a, roms kernels recoveries, etc

Personally, I don't have a problem with the current organization where you can click on one of the filters to only look at Guides or Development, if you want to focus on one of them.

View attachment 5455599
    Yes the filters that you can click on are the way we do forums now. It is much less server intensive and allows pages to load much faster. The old style sub forums were really slowing down the site.

1636652363378.png

So yes, all you do is click on the Development tab to show all the Development threads or General to see only General etc.. it's the same effect really as having a development sub forum.

Mike