• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Google Pixel 6 Pro

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad to help. Hope you like it; love my P6P 256GB. I came from a Note 8 (stuck on Android 8.0) for the last 4 years and had Notes since the Note 2, so I was used to Samsung's older implementation of Android, although I have no idea how it's changed in recent years.

I got my pixel 6 pro 512gb from google store and am loving it! I upgraded from pixel xl gen 1.

I do own samsung tab s7+ 512gb and love it as it plays all my games, but they really hate your bootloader unlocking your own device, So google phones are the best place to actually own your device.
    Nope, none of those FB bloatware apps are installed by default, thank heavens.
    Thanks for the fast response srvctec. I ordered a Pixel 6 Pro 256 GB today
    S20 plus is a nice phone but I just cant get on board with Samsung's implementation of Android. I absolutely hate it.
    Thanks for the fast response srvctec. I ordered a Pixel 6 Pro 256 GB today
    S20 plus is a nice phone but I just cant get on board with Samsung's implementation of Android. I absolutely hate it.
    Glad to help. Hope you like it; love my P6P 256GB. I came from a Note 8 (stuck on Android 8.0) for the last 4 years and had Notes since the Note 2, so I was used to Samsung's older implementation of Android, although I have no idea how it's changed in recent years.
    Also, howdy Mike. Long time no see. Been a few years since I even posted on the forums.
    Careful, or the Pixel 6 Pro forum could end up turning into a cesspool!

I got my pixel 6 pro 512gb from google store and am loving it! I upgraded from pixel xl gen 1.

I do own samsung tab s7+ 512gb and love it as it plays all my games, but they really hate your bootloader unlocking your own device, So google phones are the best place to actually own your device.
    I meant like the typical sub forums, accessories, guides news discussion, themes apps mods, q & a, roms kernels recoveries, etc

Personally, I don't have a problem with the current organization where you can click on one of the filters to only look at Guides or Development, if you want to focus on one of them.

View attachment 5455599
    Yes the filters that you can click on are the way we do forums now. It is much less server intensive and allows pages to load much faster. The old style sub forums were really slowing down the site.

1636652363378.png

So yes, all you do is click on the Development tab to show all the Development threads or General to see only General etc.. it's the same effect really as having a development sub forum.

Mike
    hSince I've only just recently really started using the app - since I was so inactive on XDA for several years, it's possible it's gotten slightly better. Of course, don't get your hopes up because it definitely still isn't as good as the old XDA app, and it's a downright PITA in several aspects. Occasionally when clicking one of my push notifications from the app, the app opens and immediately closes, or gets hung on opening, but both are easily solved and they generally only happen about 5-10% of the time, I guess. It serves my most basic wants for when a PC isn't convenient, but gods I wish it was a ton better.

I also know the decision to move away from the old forum software was a tough decision that had to be made, and I appreciate the sacrifices volunteers make to help out here, from the high-ups to those like us who just try to help people every day, so I try to temper my expectations.
    Yep, definitely thumbs up here to the people keeping the boat afloat.

It's also nice to have you back. At least someone here that regularly appreciates my lengthy thoughts 😂

I think my biggest problem with the app isn't even the amount of bugs, but rather that the entire system just feels unintuitive. It just feels counterproductive, it takes longer than should be to find the threads that you're looking for. I'm not sure why they just didn't copy the design of the browser version.

That which is not broken, usually doesn't need fixing.