General Google Pixel 6

Search This thread

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6

Is pixel 6 root procedure already out?​

Hello all and thanks for all your great suggestions and ideas in advance. I am a Pixel 2 XL owner and recently I got the Pixel 6.
In the past in order to unlock the "hotspot" wireless tethering functionality all I needed to do was:
  1. Root the device (Android 11 | Pixel 2 XL)
  2. Edit the "net.tethering.noprovisioning=true"
Done,

Sure there is a need to install an editor e.g.; builddrop editor app, that will allow making the change on the Android 11 OS.
I come to the forum with the question, what will be the requirement for the new Pixel 6 with Android 12?

Thank you very much in advance.
There is plenty of information in the Pixel 6 threads on rooting and safety net.

Reactions: jairunet

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
@vandyman I will need to check that thread then, I ma new in forums XDA. Thanks
Hi and welcome to XDA! Here's link to one of the threads:

Reactions: jairunet

jairunet

Nov 11, 2021
Reactions: galaxys

D0n Quix0te

Sep 13, 2016
Hows its selfie camera compared to 6 pro? Is the difference in quality too much that one has to skip this one and go for the 6 pro, those who care about selfie camera? If the pixel 6 selfie camera is good enough and not much behind 6 pro then i would settle for 6 and save money.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about ROOT process on Pixels Google abandoned ROOT on Android 7.0./6.0 Its means than User cant ROOT phone without any PC/Mac computer. but there a other ways to ROOT (to @jairunet)
Unlocking and rooting devices has always required using a PC. The reason for this is because it's not possible to locally modify system images without root access, so an external device must be used to flash a modified image (such as the boot image on the Pixel series). I started out with the original Motorola Droid in 2010; the process to root was thus:
  1. Unlock bootloader
  2. Flash custom recovery
  3. Flash a root app in custom recovery

z9zzzzzz

May 18, 2017
I was so disappointed with this phone that I bought an 11T and I must say that for me the 11T is a much better experience. Firstly the Pixel 6 is supposed to have 30W charging, well, I have tried a 65W charger and a 45W Samsung charger and the best it will do is 18W and takes over 1 hour to fully charge. Second is that horrible and persistent google bar I had to install Nova to remove it. Then there is the main camera which is a 48MP sensor crippled down to 12MP even in RAW mode. Android Auto frequently disconnects then requires confirmation to reconnect and that's using the cable that came with the phone. The Notification shade interferes with the quick settings buttons and if you have too many notifications then you can't get to your settings and while I'm on that, and this was the final straw was I that I can't change those big fat tiles in the quick settings shade especially the WiFi setting, if Nova had been able to modify this I would have kept the phone. On the other hand miui only required settings changes. I didn't even need Nova and the 11T charges in 35 minutes and only cost $570 AUD.

mr.serfus

Nov 7, 2014
Google Pixel 6
yeah thats what i am assuming. maybe net year we will get ullltra sonic. I work around water alot and hate having to put my code in when my hands are wet. I saw a rumor that it would have face unlock too but they didnt mention that in the launch event Top New Stories
there are rumors indeed.
there has been a reference in the code and someone saw it when setting up the new phone

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
over all im very disappointed in this device.
its been 3 months since "dirty pipes" a serious vulnerability had a fix but google has not fixed it on the pixel 6 yet.

for a google developer device, this device has very little community support. and very poor updating history.
google failed in pretty much every way in the first device they had full control over.

Top Liked Posts