• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google / Pixel dialer - Export blocked numbers

Search This thread

Hubird

Dec 18, 2015
I have blocked many spam numbers on my stock Nexus 6p

I want to flash cyanogenmod however I've got a feeling that I will lose my black list, does anyone know how to export it and reimport it later on (just to be safe)?

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
I have blocked many spam numbers on my stock Nexus 6p

I want to flash cyanogenmod however I've got a feeling that I will lose my black list, does anyone know how to export it and reimport it later on (just to be safe)?

There's a system app called "Blocked Numbers Storage".
One would think that's where the numbers are stored.
You could try using titanium backup to backup the data and restore it afterwards.

Hubird

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I tried as suggested but could not get it to work (importing backup to different phone).

I am not overly familiar with Titanium Backup so it is possible it was user error.

devochka

Oct 18, 2009
Denver, CO USA
Any updates on this?

Any updates on this? Running 7.1.1 and use the stock dialer to block spammers. I probably have 100+ numbers blocked, but am moving to a warranty replacement Nexus 6p. I'd like to export the blocked callers on the old phone and import them into the new phone.

Thanks in advance!

coolasice1999

Sep 13, 2013
I didn't have any luck but would still like an answer
I believe the blocked numbers are saved in a database in the Google dialer data. You could try backing up the dialer app data and restoring to the new phone. Can't say for certain if anything bad will happen tho

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Well this sucks. I can't get a backup/restore to work either.
I flashed a fresh Oreo ROM on my OnePlus.
Installed opengapps on it.
Installed Titanium Backup.
Added one blocked number to test with.
Then backed up EVERYTHING including system data with TBU.
Then wiped the ROM and reinstalled it the same way using the same files.
Then restored EVERYTHING including system data with TBU.

And it did not restore the blocked number. :(
So there is nothing that TBU can backup/restore that will restore the blocked numbers.

I really need this as my Mother passed away unexpectedly in February and left behind quite a few debtors that are calling me all freaking day long, every day.
It's really bad. I'm the only heir/living relative so they must figure I'm responsible for paying her leftover bills. :crying:

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
Well this sucks. I can't get a backup/restore to work either.
I flashed a fresh Oreo ROM on my OnePlus.
Installed opengapps on it.
Installed Titanium Backup.
Added one blocked number to test with.
Then backed up EVERYTHING including system data with TBU.
Then wiped the ROM and reinstalled it the same way using the same files.
Then restored EVERYTHING including system data with TBU.

And it did not restore the blocked number. :(
So there is nothing that TBU can backup/restore that will restore the blocked numbers.

I really need this as my Mother passed away unexpectedly in February and left behind quite a few debtors that are calling me all freaking day long, every day.
It's really bad. I'm the only heir/living relative so they must figure I'm responsible for paying her leftover bills. :crying:

Tell the persons calling you that your mother passed away and that you are not responsible for her, tell them that if they don't stop calling your number that you are going to report them. They debt collectors have to abide by very specific rules.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-harassment-by-a-debt-collector-en-336/

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
So this is cool.
I've never used the backup/restore option that Google offers in GAPPS before.
You know, where it backs up your WiFi password and some settings to the cloud.
Then you can restore those after clean flashing a new ROM.

Well it turns out that if you enable the backup.
Then do a restore of that backup, it also restores your blocked numbers!
At least it does for me in Oreo 8.1 AOSP using Google Dialer and Hangouts combo.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to try out the backup/restore.
Which btw, does not force you to restore all your apps.
Which I thought it did and is why I never used it before, because I also like to restore my app data via Titanium Backup.

Top Liked Posts