• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google Play Music and flashaholics

Search This thread

mriggs82

Nov 11, 2013
Is there any way of getting around the Google Play deauthorization limit? I had the OP5, and was flashing different P ROMs. Last week I chatted with Google support and, they provided me the one-time reset of my devices, maxed out my number of devices and couldn't deauthorize even though I hadn't done so in over a year.

I'm probably going to stick with OOS with this phone, just wary of updating stock ROMs through TWRP and it counting against my device limit. Or do y'all use YouTube Music or Spotify?

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
Bump
Any solutions anyone?

I had the same problem. The guys at Google reset my whole device list twice this year !
But at the end i went for Spotify. Because it doesn't have a real device limit, and other things (daily mixes and Clock app integration, and because my old account at college never has be deactivated, so Spotify still allows me the student discount :D )

But i suppose you could just email them each time you reach the limit, and explaining you're just flashing ROMs, they wouldn't refuse to reset the device list, as it clearly shows the same device multiple times. They can perform this "one-time reset" more than once haha !

Reactions: candiesdoodle

candiesdoodle

Jan 24, 2012
New Delhi
I had the same problem. The guys at Google reset my whole device list twice this year !
But at the end i went for Spotify. Because it doesn't have a real device limit, and other things (daily mixes and Clock app integration, and because my old account at college never has be deactivated, so Spotify still allows me the student discount :D )

But i suppose you could just email them each time you reach the limit, and explaining you're just flashing ROMs, they wouldn't refuse to reset the device list, as it clearly shows the same device multiple times. They can perform this "one-time reset" more than once haha !
Thanks for sharing this info
I have got it reset once. Let's hope they do again when I hit the limit

Gizmoe

Sep 6, 2011
Spokane Valley
Thanks for sharing this info
I have got it reset once. Let's hope they do again when I hit the limit

I've had it reset twice within a year. It's B.S. though you can only deauthourize 4 in 12 months. What do they care as long as it doesn't exceed the limit. They where hesitant the last time and acted like it was a process even though I know they just flip a switch. Took about 20 min or being on hold. But I said I am a rom tester on xda and they accepted that answer.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Does Spotify have just as big as a music collection as Google play?

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
I've had it reset twice within a year. It's B.S. though you can only deauthourize 4 in 12 months. What do they care as long as it doesn't exceed the limit. They where hesitant the last time and acted like it was a process even though I know they just flip a switch. Took about 20 min or being on hold. But I said I am a rom tester on xda and they accepted that answer.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

All i know is I've never had any problem finding anything ! In my case, everything I like to listen to is on both services, they are pretty on par about 90% functionality.
GPM has a better preloading mechanism, Spotify has better suggestions, but that's it.

About the resetting on GPM, I also told them that the same device was registered countless times due to flashing ROMs regularly, they understood and didn't ask for more !

Reactions: Gizmoe

Gizmoe

Sep 6, 2011
Spokane Valley
i wonder if backing up the "settings storage" package which im pretty sure contains the android id would do anything. Might be worth a try.

I've restored a rom backup before and it stayed registered. So there is a file or a combination of files that will work, I just have not found it. I was thinking it may be the Google play services data combined with android ID and the system private app files for play music, but titanium backup doesn't restore that stuff properly so I gave up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump
    Any solutions anyone?

All i know is I've never had any problem finding anything ! In my case, everything I like to listen to is on both services, they are pretty on par about 90% functionality.
    GPM has a better preloading mechanism, Spotify has better suggestions, but that's it.

About the resetting on GPM, I also told them that the same device was registered countless times due to flashing ROMs regularly, they understood and didn't ask for more !