Google Play Music Listen Later

Search This thread

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
Aug 3, 2012
What does this module do?
This module allows you to change the default Google Play Music pane and tabs. For example, make the "My Library" screen the default and have it open to "Songs" instead of "Artists."
Originally requested here: http://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/260ftg/request_google_play_music_open_to_my_library/
Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/26480m/release_google_play_music_listen_later/

Requirements:

Source code:
https://github.com/GermainZ/Google-Play-Music-Listen-Later

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.germainz.gmusiclistenlater

Feature Requests:
If they fall within the scope of this module (see first paragraph; basically: customize defaults,) requests are welcome. Other requests will be ignored if asked here, please use the appropriate thread for that. :)

Changelog:
1.2: Added option to automatically open a playlist when you enter the "Playlists" pane. This can be used to have Play Music open your preferred playlist on launch, by setting "Default Pane" to "Playlists" and "Default playlist" to your playlist's name (case sensitive).
1.1: Add options to select default tab for Instant Mixes, Radio and Explore panes.
1.0: Initial release.

• rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.

Last edited:

The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle

Jun 17, 2010
Plano, TX
This is great! I was always annoyed that it didn't open to My Library by default. Love all your modules and your stylish theme for XDA. Thanks!

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Can you add a theme feature? Thanks for all the hard work!!
No, that would belong in a theme (that could perhaps be used with one of the Xposed alternative theme engines) or maybe a separate module, but not in this module IMO.
Thanks for this. Would it be possible to also add the option to open to the Playlists pane? :)
It's already there. Open the module's preferences and select whatever screen you want.

Last edited:

Efreak2004

Oct 30, 2012
You might consider moving all the options to the main page. The "hide icon" feature doesn't really belong in the"about"page, and there's plenty of room for your credits there, too.

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
No changes after a an other setting. Do i have to reboot?
A reboot isn't required, but this module changes the default pane/tabs, so you need to exit the Google Play Music app and open it again to see the changes.
If that doesn't help, please explain your problem in more details.

chrisch91

Mar 5, 2013
A reboot isn't required, but this module changes the default pane/tabs, so you need to exit the Google Play Music app and open it again to see the changes.
If that doesn't help, please explain your problem in more details.

Everything i do in the module, there is always the startscreen "jetzt anhören" in gplay. Even after killimg the app and rebooting.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
I'm having the same Problem, changes won't apply. I think it has something to do with updating your Rom. I flashed a newer Nightly yesterday and had to install Xposed Bridge again naturally (without changing anything regarding the Modules).

Maybe this messes something up.

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Everything i do in the module, there is always the startscreen "jetzt anhören" in gplay. Even after killimg the app and rebooting.
I'm having the same Problem, changes won't apply. I think it has something to do with updating your Rom. I flashed a newer Nightly yesterday and had to install Xposed Bridge again naturally (without changing anything regarding the Modules).

Maybe this messes something up.
Do this, please:
  • Open the Xposed Installer > Logs > Clear now.
  • Reboot.
  • Open Google Play Music.
  • Open the Xposed Installed > Logs > Share.
  • Paste the logs here between [CODE] [/CODE] tags.

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Here you go :)
I see no errors at all…

Let's try this:
1- Open Google Play Music Listen Later.
2- Select "My Library" in "Default Pane" and "Songs" in "Default My Library tab."
3- Open Google Play Music, take a screenshot without doing anything else and post that here.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
Well, that did the Trick, i switched both to your suggested Settings and after Killing Play Music once it seems to stick. I definitely tried this before, but only changing the Default Pane.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone