Google Play Music

Search This thread

davbay1

Oct 17, 2014
Hey everyone just a quick question. I am currently on OOS 5.1.5 and have pretty good battery life expect when I use google play music. I came from an Iphone where play music barley sipped any battery and talked to a friend that has a Oneplus 5T who also says that he streams 6 plus hours at work and still finishes his shift with 60 to 65 percent.

Just yesterday I was streaming music for about 4 hours and it completely drained my batter from 70 to 0. At 1 percent I looked at battery stats and it said that google play music used 45 percent of my battery.

On a normal day when I listen in the car. A 15 minute drive will make me lose about 3-4 percent. All of my music is downloaded locally.

Anyone have similar issues?

gmlogan

Mar 15, 2007
Tayside
Google Pixel 7
Hey everyone just a quick question. I am currently on OOS 5.1.5 and have pretty good battery life expect when I use google play music. I came from an Iphone where play music barley sipped any battery and talked to a friend that has a Oneplus 5T who also says that he streams 6 plus hours at work and still finishes his shift with 60 to 65 percent.

Just yesterday I was streaming music for about 4 hours and it completely drained my batter from 70 to 0. At 1 percent I looked at battery stats and it said that google play music used 45 percent of my battery.

On a normal day when I listen in the car. A 15 minute drive will make me lose about 3-4 percent. All of my music is downloaded locally.

Not noticed but I'll do some tests when walking the dog tomorrow.

mikex8593

Nov 28, 2016

It prevents the phone from going into deep sleep to conserve battery, while also using data to stream the songs.

gmlogan

Mar 15, 2007
Tayside
Google Pixel 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180612-103112.jpg
    Screenshot_20180612-103112.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 75

chw2006

Jul 23, 2011
Austin
Do you use an adblocker by any chance? If you do, it's because GPM is coded poorly and keeps pinging googleadservices.com and googletagmanager.com while it's in the background. Whitelist those two sites and you should be good. I went from GPM taking 10% of my battery to 1% of my battery by doing that.