Google Play services are actually on Remix Beta, enable them without any extra tools

Search This thread

You_KS

Dec 1, 2013
Redditor SubredditReddit found that these Google apps are pre-installed on Remix OS:

Google Play Store - com.android.vending
Google Contacts Sync - com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
Google Play services - com.google.android.gms
Google Services Framework - com.google.android.gsf
Google Partner Setup - com.google.android.partnersetup
Market Feedback Agent - com.google.android.feedback
Google Calendar Sync - com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
Google Account Manager - com.google.android.gsf.login
Google Backup Transport - com.google.android.backuptransport

You can enable these, so you don't have to use something like GMSInstaller/GMSActivator, which could potentially be unsafe. If you did use one of these but want to use the stock apps instead, you will have to reinstall Remix OS.

This went unnoticed because there is an app called "JideAppPolicy" that disables them at startup. Apparently, this is the only thing it does. Also, apps disabled in a specific way do not appear in Settings.

Steps:

Enter the root terminal (Alt+F1) and run this:
Code:
pm disable com.jide.apppolicy

This will disable JideAppPolicy. Then, run this:
Code:
pm list packages -d

This will list all disabled applications. To enable the Google apps, use this command:
Code:
pm enable <package name>

(Use the package names from the second command.)

To return to the GUI, use Alt+F7.

If the Play Store doesn't work immediately, check your date/time settings, and force stop + clear data for:

Google Play Store
Google Play services
Google Services Framework

Then restart Remix OS. You should be able to download apps.

To stop automatic updates, turn them off in Settings > Update > Options. Or, if you want to be extra cautious, run this command:
Code:
pm disable com.jide.autoupdater

lilins

Mar 2, 2016
That is awesome, i tried the gms installer and i got errors, i now understand why :)

hamxa266

Feb 1, 2014
Karachi
Yeah! man works really great on beta version to but facing some error while downloading app from store any guess how to solve them ???

jk2rd

Jun 10, 2008
I get error:java.lang.securityexception: permission denial: attempt to change component state ...
Thanks for any help in advance

Reactions: thools60

clialios

Mar 18, 2016
Is root required for this?

To access the root terminal does this require your installation is rooted. I ask because I am unable to test as I am on holidays and won't be able to check for another few days.
Thanx
ChrisL

Last edited:

imadlatch

Oct 8, 2013
Wien
Redditor SubredditReddit found that these Google apps are pre-installed on Remix OS:

You can enable these, so you don't have to use something like GMSInstaller/GMSActivator, which could potentially be unsafe. If you did use one of these but want to use the stock apps instead, you will have to reinstall Remix OS.

This went unnoticed because there is an app called "JideAppPolicy" that disables them at startup. Apparently, this is the only thing it does. Also, apps disabled in a specific way do not appear in Settings.

Steps:

Code:

Code:
pm list packages -d

This will list all disabled applications. To enable the Google apps, use this command:
Code:
pm enable <package name>

If the Play Store doesn't work immediately, check your date/time settings, and force stop + clear data for:

Google Play Store
Google Play services

To stop automatic updates, turn them off in Settings > Update > Options. Or, if you want to be extra cautious, run this command:
Code:

Nice work:good:
by the way Gapps not disabled by "JideAppPolicy" it's just a decoy you can extract system.img and delete it then repack system.img run RemixOS then you will see Gapps still disabled
there is another apk and I know what it is and i'm working on it

milav

Dec 5, 2010
Ahmedabad
by the way Gapps not disabled by "JideAppPolicy" it's just a decoy you can extract system.img and delete it then repack system.img run RemixOS then you will see Gapps still disabled
I can confirm that you have to enable them anyhow after 1st boot evwn if you remove jide app policy
May be its there in boot script

imadlatch

Oct 8, 2013
Wien
I can confirm that you have to enable them anyhow after 1st boot evwn if you remove jide app policy
May be its there in boot script

Gapps disabled pre-install only
see
<string-array name="config_disabledUntilUsedPreinstalledImes">
<item>com.android.inputmethod.latin</item>
<item>com.android.vending</item>
<item>com.google.android.gms</item>
<item>com.google.android.partnersetup</item>
<item>com.google.android.onetimeinitializer</item>
<item>com.google.android.gsf.login</item>
<item>com.google.android.feedback</item>
<item>com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar</item>
<item>com.google.android.backuptransport</item>
<item>com.google.android.gsf</item>
<item>com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts</item>
</string-array>
this action available in 2 apk, one of them "JideAppPolicy" but it's not effective

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
I get error:java.lang.securityexception: permission denial: attempt to change component state ...
Thanks for any help in advance

Did you enter the correct command? It should be:
"pm enable com.google.android.gms" without the quote. And then the same command for every app you want to enable. I've enabled all so now calendar and contacts work aswell ?

Last edited:

nefariousXDA

Mar 21, 2016
JideAppPolicy

Hey. I'm SubredditReddit, the guy who originally posted about this over on /r/RemixOS (OP didn't link to my post :(). Anyway, I looked into this: disabled JideAppPolicy before the first boot, and the apps were still disabled, so something else is disabling them on first boot. However, it is still necessary to disable or remove JideAppPolicy because it disables them every restart after the first boot, I have just confirmed.

Reactions: phrozin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:

Code:

Code:
    pm list packages -d

Code:
    pm enable <package name>

Google Play Store
    Google Play services

Code:

Steps:

Code:

Code:
    pm list packages -d

Code:
    pm enable <package name>

Google Play Store
    Google Play services

Code:

Good find! Thanks for the share
    Yeah! man works really great on beta version to but facing some error while downloading app from store any guess how to solve them ???

Clear the play store, Google service framework, and Google play services data, reboot. Then clear play store data again. You shouldn't have any more issues.
    JideAppPolicy

Hey. I'm SubredditReddit, the guy who originally posted about this over on /r/RemixOS (OP didn't link to my post :(). Anyway, I looked into this: disabled JideAppPolicy before the first boot, and the apps were still disabled, so something else is disabling them on first boot. However, it is still necessary to disable or remove JideAppPolicy because it disables them every restart after the first boot, I have just confirmed.