• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Play Services Battery Drain Fix (Not Tested on other phones)

Search This thread

jawadpe

Apr 30, 2013
Hey guys, I was playing around and trying to get the google play services battery drain to stop some way. I found a small way to get it to drain a lot less. Its nothing big just thought i'd share if it helps. I haven't tried on other phones yet, but it probably would work.

Under settings go to Data usage , scroll down and find Google Services.
Click on it and below you can see Restrict App Background Data and switch it on.
That's all.

I am not sure if it will work for all you guys or if it is an actual fix but it did make it a lot better for me.
Anyways lemme know if it does and if so spread the word.
Peace :) ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-26-20-52-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-26-20-52-55.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,406
Reactions: nixmit and El_Nuevo

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Its actually a good idea to take a look at all your apps like that. The first thing I do is turn off background data on a lot of my apps. A lot of them do that by default and its usually not needed. Its going to save more on your data than your battery though.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

jawadpe

Apr 30, 2013
yeah that's just what I did. I was searching for Google services and ended up restricting almost all the background apps data. helped a little with battery. Not a huge boost though. maybe like 15 min of extra screen time.

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
Don't you defeat the purpose of a smartphone by disabling this? Google services are (unfortunately) responsible for the functioning of most IM apps.

theankitkulkarni

Sep 22, 2013
Sangli
Hey guys, I was playing around and trying to get the google play services battery drain to stop some way. I found a small way to get it to drain a lot less. Its nothing big just thought i'd share if it helps. I haven't tried on other phones yet, but it probably would work.

Click on it and below you can see Restrict App Background Data and switch it on.
That's all.

I am not sure if it will work for all you guys or if it is an actual fix but it did make it a lot better for me.
Well.. It is working now.. Lets see...

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

That's all.

Well.. I will see if it works.. right now I have done what you suggsted.. Lets see what happens..

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
I'm sure it will save a little data, but I doubt it will save as much battery. You could look at your battery stats and see how much the service is using. I haven't touched mine, but it's not showing any battery usage in my stats.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's all.