• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Google play services battery drain

Search This thread

aki786

Aug 11, 2012
My S21 ultra battery is giving me around 4.30 hrs of SOT which is way too less compared to what others seem to get.
The main culprit of battery drain is Google play services, Which uses around 9-11% of battery.
I tried every trick to reduce the play services drain but nothing is working.
Please help !!

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
bro...don't sweat it..I have been on this boat for a long time and still no hope...it seems some samsung service is running intermittently in the background which requires Google play services...else I don't see any other reason why this would be eating so much battery...the question's what is this samsung service...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Clear GplayS, Framework and Google Backup Transport data.
Clear System log files (I use the old Device Care app to do this).

Get Karma Firewall from Playstore and firewall block GplayS*.
Disable autosync in gmail, disable all cloud storage and cloud backup (Samsung and Goggle).
Disable all carrier, Samsung and Google feedback.

*normally can be safely blocked. Unblock to manually download gmail; a brief unblocking lasts many hours for this.
Unblock for Playstore then reboot.
Playstore is another one to firewall block or use a package blocker on when not in use.

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
Kaunas
I cleared its cache, then wiped all device cache in recovery, and now it's only 2% with 1 google acc in full sync.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Clear GplayS, Framework and Google Backup Transport data.
Clear System log files (I use the old Device Care app to do this).

Get Karma Firewall from Playstore and firewall block GplayS*.
Disable autosync in gmail, disable all cloud storage and cloud backup (Samsung and Goggle).
Disable all carrier, Samsung and Google feedback.

*normally can be safely blocked. Unblock to manually download gmail; a brief unblocking lasts many hours for this.
Unblock for Playstore then reboot.
Playstore is another one to firewall block or use a package blocker on when not in use.
Which old devicecare you mean mate :)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

It's a Samsung app that comes bundled with the 10+.
I'm still using the factory load Pie firmware and same for Device Care.
Newer versions dropped using 360° because of security issues... Chinese spyware concerns.
Those newer versions are inferior; 360° does an excellent cleaning job for logs/apk files but you need to keep it isolated🤣

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I cant install it lol... It installs as Update ://

Yeah you'd need to get an old copy of it.
Haven't track the company since they got ratted out over a year ago. I know the way I'm using it that it's safe and as such is useful to me so I continue to use it.
It's a very useful app that I've also used to track down problems with system apks too as it allows me to see when any apk is opening by showing it's memory cache (manual resets to do so).
Lol, it's one of my black sheep apps that I wuv.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
That explains everything mate :) the note 10+ is amazing, i had the note 20 ultra and in my opinion it looks and feels better than s21 ultra but the exynos was crap :/ my device was warm using normal task and with hot weather it wasnt nice to hold... And battery life was gruesome escecially on mobile data :/

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
That explains everything mate :) the note 10+ is amazing, i had the note 20 ultra and in my opinion it looks and feels better than s21 ultra but the exynos was crap :/ my device was warm using normal task and with hot weather it wasnt nice to hold... And battery life was gruesome escecially on mobile data :/

My Note 10+ Snapdragon variant was a hot running battery hog too until I toned it down.
They all can do that.
One of the reasons I stay on Pie is because I don't want to have to do that again!
It took quite a bit of trial and error to get it dialed in.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
My Note 10+ Snapdragon variant was a hot running battery hog too until I toned it down.
They all can do that.
One of the reasons I stay on Pie is because I don't want to have to do that again!
It took quite a bit of trial and error to get it dialed in.
Thats sad to hear mate :/ have a oneplus 7t pro mclaren with the 855+ (same as in the note 10 +snapdragon) and it was running cool and fast (but i had an custom kernel)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thats sad to hear mate :/ have a oneplus 7t pro mclaren with the 855+ (same as in the note 10 +snapdragon) and it was running cool and fast (but i had an custom kernel)

It's all good; the 10+ is a fast running, very stable platform that gets good battery life now.
If Samsung and Android don't start doing better I may end up getting another N10+ as it still fulfills its mission well.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
It's all good; the 10+ is a fast running, very stable platform that gets good battery life now.
If Samsung and Android don't start doing better I may end up getting another N10+ as it still fulfills its mission well.
On my s21 ultra its running well. But on my 7t pro (ori kernel cause of beta 11) its running like ****... Slow, battery isnt as good as 10.... Dont know why the system the device ships is running good and the newwr ones are always bad / not as good...

Top Liked Posts