Question Google play services update

Search This thread

mojorisin7178

Hi it's been a long time since I posted on here. So I have the 6 pro on Verizon. I'm just got the December security update. But my Play services update is stuck on October 1. My wife had the 6 on Verizon and hers is on November and has been for some time now it's 8n the process of updating to the December security update. Is there any way to force the play services update? It's annoying because I have a top line phone only a year old and google is supposed to be the best

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi it's been a long time since I posted on here. So I have the 6 pro on Verizon. I'm just got the December security update. But my Play services update is stuck on October 1. My wife had the 6 on Verizon and hers is on November and has been for some time now it's 8n the process of updating to the December security update. Is there any way to force the play services update? It's annoying because I have a top line phone only a year old and google is supposed to be the best
Same here ... Play-systemupdate still on October ... I did get a few updates Play-systemupdates recently (and that made some apex files change version) but the date is still October 1. I am not sure what criteria are being used to bump these upgrades. I am on an unsupported country/carrier though (not sure if this anything to do with it). Edit: Probably not as you are on Verizon.

Anyway, previously I would always get the Play-systemupdates at the END of the month. But now it is Dec 6 and I'm not even on the November one.

It will come ... eventually ... I don't think there is a way to 'force' ...

compager18

Sep 19, 2019
Hello, good day... You can force installing the .apk directly. I always do it from the apkmirror page. I leave you the link so you can try it. I think they have only released the date of November 5th.

I hope it helps you. Cheers...

Suavie103

Jun 15, 2014
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello, good day... You can force installing the .apk directly. I always do it from the apkmirror page. I leave you the link so you can try it. I think they have only released the date of November 5th.

Hey, yeah I installed the force update apk but it didn't work. I'm still on October 1st security patch.

mojorisin7178

Well that appears to have worked. But i seem to remember someone saying that all that does is change. The version number. It doesn't actually do anything. I really Don't know how to check that so I really Don't know

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well that appears to have worked. But i seem to remember someone saying that all that does is change. The version number. It doesn't actually do anything. I really Don't know how to check that so I really Don't know
That is correct. It is useless to just install that apk manually. It only bumps the date but does not do an actual update of the Google play-systemupdate. Check the logcat (linux):
Code:
> adb logcat | grep Finsky
then activate the upgrade from the settings and you will see if it really updates anything at all.

You wil see (for example):
Code:
12-07 09:36:04.166  6310  6310 I Finsky  : [2] zft.z(4): SysU: No available system update

Reactions: andris155

mojorisin7178

I got 2 play services updates today. My wife's pixel 6 got 1. But more concerning I noticed that my privacy and security are not combined like my wife's is. I read that that was part of the feature drop. I did get the December security update which should have had the feature drop on it. So what is going on? The only difference is my wife's pixel 6 is from the Google store my 6pro is Verizon branded.

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I got 'another' play systemupdate this morning.

What I have noticed is that it updates:
Code:
com.google.mainline.primary.libs                              331058000

to:

com.google.mainline.primary.libs                              331060020
Then, for some reason, this update gets reverted and a few days later it just comes back.

Date is still stuck on October 1.

Check before/after with below linux command (it will show the version of all apex packages):
Code:
adb shell pm list packages --apex-only --show-versioncode | sed -e 's/package://g' | sed -e 's/versionCode://g' | awk '{printf "%-45s %25s\n", $1, $2}' | sort

mojorisin7178

The privacy and security combined needs an additional flag to be enabled which was not part of the general Google December update. Probably this flag is enabled for Verizon builds. See here:
It must not be enabled on the Verizon build because my wife's phone is from the Google store and it's a 6 mine is Verizon branded pro. But actually I don't think there is a specific Verizon build this month . I don't know but anyway it's really not a big deal if that's all it is. Thank you for showing me that article. I always get the answers I need here.

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just received the November Google play-systemupdate now ...

So be patient, it will come eventually. Version changes:
Code:
> com.google.android.adbd                                       331113122
< com.google.android.appsearch                                  331011020
> com.google.android.appsearch                                  331112000
< com.google.android.art                                        331012200
> com.google.android.art                                        331113000
< com.google.android.cellbroadcast                              331013180
> com.google.android.cellbroadcast                              331111030
< com.google.android.conscrypt                                  331011200
> com.google.android.conscrypt                                  331115000
< com.google.android.extservices                                331012190
> com.google.android.extservices                                331112010
< com.google.android.ipsec                                      331014190
> com.google.android.ipsec                                      331111030
< com.google.android.media                                      331012190
> com.google.android.media                                      331115000
< com.google.android.mediaprovider                              331011200
> com.google.android.mediaprovider                              331112030
< com.google.android.media.swcodec                              331012190
> com.google.android.media.swcodec                              331116000
< com.google.android.neuralnetworks                             330443200
> com.google.android.neuralnetworks                             331113000
< com.google.android.permission                                 331019200
> com.google.android.permission                                 331115020
< com.google.android.resolv                                     331011200
> com.google.android.resolv                                     331114000
< com.google.android.sdkext                                     330810200
> com.google.android.sdkext                                     331111000
< com.google.android.tethering                                  331012200
> com.google.android.tethering                                  331117000
< com.google.android.uwb                                        331015200
> com.google.android.uwb                                        331115000
< com.google.android.wifi                                       331016200
> com.google.android.wifi                                       331112000
< com.google.mainline.primary.libs                              331060020
> com.google.mainline.primary.libs                              331148170

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is correct. It is useless to just install that apk manually. It only bumps the date but does not do an actual update of the Google play-systemupdate. Check the logcat (linux):
    Code:
    > adb logcat | grep Finsky
    then activate the upgrade from the settings and you will see if it really updates anything at all.

You wil see (for example):
    Code:
    12-07 09:36:04.166  6310  6310 I Finsky  : [2] zft.z(4): SysU: No available system update
    The privacy and security combined needs an additional flag to be enabled which was not part of the general Google December update. Probably this flag is enabled for Verizon builds. See here: