Google Play Store Running In Background

Search This thread

Psych0t1c20

Feb 19, 2010
Jersey
Ok so for about 3+weeks I've been having this issues. As the title states, this gplay has been running in the background for hours. Today it's been 8+hrs. Idk what it is. I googled, I disabled the background usage, turned off the data usage for it, put it to sleep, wiped data/cache, uninstalled updates, installed newer versions - all no dice. If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I didn't say I disabled the app, or even implied it, I said I disabled the background usage.
    It's junkware. Disable until you need it.
    You can firewall block it with Karma Firewall which will help a little but it will continue to use some resources. Karma Firewall uses almost no battery, freeware.

Google play Services is another prime offender that I keep disabled unless I need it to get Gmail or use Gmaps.
    Disable Google backup transport and Firebase as well.

Gookill sucks... with them you're not the customer, you are the product.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Ok so for about 3+weeks I've been having this issues. As the title states, this gplay has been running in the background for hours. Today it's been 8+hrs. Idk what it is. I googled, I disabled the background usage, turned off the data usage for it, put it to sleep, wiped data/cache, uninstalled updates, installed newer versions - all no dice. If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone