Google Play System Update-Now Showing December '20

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Howdy XDA Army,

A short while ago, I checked-out the google play system update under settings》biometrics》etc., and witnessed an update to this unsolved mystery of mine. My handset, even after the 11 stable build OTA, was still "stuck like chuck" on Sept '20. Maybe like you, I've never given this setting much thought nor shared any dialog (until today)! I was fine with and accepted the fact this setting will always run a good fiscal quarter behind the pack..well, that was then, and this is now! After the download & required restart, with the realization I'm still in a "shock & awe" state of mind, I'm eager to report this update I found to be somewhat anticlimatic.🥱
(thnx 4 playing)

Last edited:
Reactions: cam30era and raul6

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Mine is still on September.
I googled it a while back, and sure there's a description of why it exists, what's it's proposed function is, etc.. Then, if any of it were true, why hasn't it "caught up" since it's birth sometime during Android 10? Finally, it makes you wonder why no push notification or play store pop-up..."a newer version of blah, blah, blah blah blah?" And this one's all google's, that's my understanding of it.

Last edited:

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Howdy XDA Army,

A short while ago, I checked-out the google play system update under settings》biometrics》etc., and witnessed an update to this unsolved mystery of mine. My handset, even after the 11 stable build OTA, was still "stuck like chuck" on Sept '20. Maybe like you, I've never given this setting much thought nor shared any dialog (until today)! I was fine with and accepted the fact this setting will always run a good fiscal quarter behind the pack..well, that was then, and this is now! After the download & required restart, with the realization I'm still in a "shock & awe" state of mind, I'm eager to report this update I found to be somewhat anticlimatic.🥱
(thnx 4 playing)
UPDATE: GOOGLE PLAY SYSTEM UPDATE IS SHOWING JANUARY '21 Now, after the February Security Patch Update landed...what month is yours showing?

Attachments