Google PlayStore problem on MXQ Pro+ 4k

Search This thread

vpandey

Dec 4, 2012
I have got a Android Box i.e. MXQ Pro+ 4K from China, which is working fine except one problem of Google PlayStore updating itself to an incompatible version again and again.

It came with PlayStore 5.1.x version which was automatically updated to the "7.5.08.M-xhdpi [8] [PR] 146162341" (latest) but 8 is indicating that its for Android TV. Now when I try to run PlayStore it gives message "This app is incompatible with this device....".

Since the box is already rooted so I installed PlayStore version 7.5.08.M-all [0] [PR] 146162341 by downloading and then moving to system apps. This version works fine but with in no time it updates it self again to version mentioned above (8 for TV) and stops working.

I tried couple of methods by creating empty folder with apk name and terminal emulator using chttr command etc but nothing worked till now.

Now every time when I have to use the PlayStore, I used to uninstall updated then run. Please suggest any possible solutions.

Thanks,

LostEchoes

Dec 15, 2006
Hi, have a look here

http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...-stop-google-play-from-automatically-updating

I have got a Android Box i.e. MXQ Pro+ 4K from China, which is working fine except one problem of Google PlayStore updating itself to an incompatible version again and again.

It came with PlayStore 5.1.x version which was automatically updated to the "7.5.08.M-xhdpi [8] [PR] 146162341" (latest) but 8 is indicating that its for Android TV. Now when I try to run PlayStore it gives message "This app is incompatible with this device....".

Since the box is already rooted so I installed PlayStore version 7.5.08.M-all [0] [PR] 146162341 by downloading and then moving to system apps. This version works fine but with in no time it updates it self again to version mentioned above (8 for TV) and stops working.

I tried couple of methods by creating empty folder with apk name and terminal emulator using chttr command etc but nothing worked till now.

Now every time when I have to use the PlayStore, I used to uninstall updated then run. Please suggest any possible solutions.

Thanks,

lukiman1605

May 3, 2011
I also have the same problem. Any updates on this?

you can try uninstall updated on play services and also on google play, and then maybe it will work. Please get the answer if it's working on not, because is here another solution, you can change some lines on build.prop file in system folder and also added new permission which is included in Android TV, and then you will have playstore like for android TV with android TV content.

srclooney

Mar 28, 2007
Try to find the plalystore apk folder from stock rom for example system/priv-app/phonesky/phonesky.apk (this for h96 pro+) backup it on another folder with rootexplorer...

Use aptoide to update it you will receive an error like app cant install, you will receive this warning every time that try update it, even with the versions most new.

Find downloaded playstore.apk on sdcard .aptoide folder and rename it with the name of the older phonesky.apk.

If you are root try uninstalling playstore with root uninstaller, the folder that contains the old phonesky.apk will be empty (system/priv-app/phonesky/)... you can now copy the new playstore renamed (phonesky.apk) to this folder.

After this, you now try to install newest playstore as system app with root uninstaller with the installer tab, when the process is completed push reboot now.

At this way I have get working the latest version of the playstore 7.9.30 without any errors, you must repeat all process everytime aptoide find new update of playstore

Last edited:
Reactions: Barquillo

Barquillo

Jun 10, 2017
Try to find the plalystore apk folder from stock rom for example system/priv-app/phonesky/phonesky.apk (this for h96 pro+) backup it on another folder with rootexplorer...

Use aptoide to update it you will receive an error like app cant install, you will receive this warning every time that try update it, even with the versions most new.

Find downloaded playstore.apk on sdcard .aptoide folder and rename it with the name of the older phonesky.apk.

If you are root try uninstalling playstore with root uninstaller, the folder that contains the old phonesky.apk will be empty (system/priv-app/phonesky/)... you can now copy the new playstore renamed (phonesky.apk) to this folder.

After this, you now try to install newest playstore as system app with root uninstaller with the installer tab, when the process is completed push reboot now.

At this way I have get working the latest version of the playstore 7.9.30 without any errors, you must repeat all process everytime aptoide find new update of playstore

Thanks!!!!!!! i wasnt able to install the new version of playstore in the same android tv the h96 pro+ but with your steps i was able to update it.
in the step of installing the new version with the instaler i drop me the same error when i was triying to update normally i reboot it and then appeared the mensage of Optimizing applications and then the playstore icon changed to the new and it works!!!

srclooney

Mar 28, 2007
Thanks!!!!!!! i wasnt able to install the new version of playstore in the same android tv the h96 pro+ but with your steps i was able to update it.
in the step of installing the new version with the instaler i drop me the same error when i was triying to update normally i reboot it and then appeared the mensage of Optimizing applications and then the playstore icon changed to the new and it works!!!

Me alegro mucho de que te funcionara.

noabody

Oct 31, 2009
TX5/8 Marshmallow Google Play won't update install_failed_package_changed

So I've been struggling with the dreaded constant "Unfortunately, Google Play store has stopped" message on two IPTV boxes, a TX5pro and TX8 both running Marshmallow. The first time it happened, I came to the conclusion that the Google Play Store added a feature which requires an update that fails to install. Prior to this I had no idea that it could NOT self-update, so the problem existed from day one.

The Google Play Store has both a system and update component which exist in different locations. The system one resides at /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk while the update apk should be located at /data/app/com.android.vending-[#]. In my case the latter does not exist.

Oddly Google Play Services has the same framework of system app at /system/priv-app/Prebuilt-gms-core.apk but it does have an update entry at /data/app/com.google.android.gms-[#]. It's important to note that the Google Play Store app is the only one I've encountered problems with installing or updating.

I've compared directory and file permissions/owners/attributes, from a known working rooted tablet on Marshmallow, and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Using a root terminal emulator with Unknown Sources enabled, if I use the command "pm install Phonesky.apk" the error message is "install_failed_package_changed".

I can use these commands in the terminal to manually update the Play Store:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /sdcard/Download/Phonesky.apk /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
chmod 644 /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
mount -o remount,ro /system
reboot

A more thorough version which clears the dalvik:

Code:
su
rm /data/dalvik-cache/arm/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex
rm /data/dalvik-cache/profiles/com.android.vending
rm /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
reboot
(after reboot)
su
cp /sdcard/Download/Phonesky.apk /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
chmod 644 /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
reboot

While both manual update methods work there is a crucial problem that becomes apparent when one compares the contents of the folders /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk and /data/app/com.android.vending-[#]. The former contains just Phonesky.apk while that latter has the same as base.apk but it also extracts some of the libraries and other data. I suspect that the libraries are linked so that the ones in the update folder take precedence over those installed in system locations.

With the recent addition of Google's malware detection system "Play Protect", I think updating Phonesky.apk without extracting those libraries and giving them precedence is the cause of the "Unfortunately, Google Play store has stopped" message.

I decided to install an opengapps package using the RTAndroid Linux script https://github.com/RTAndroid/android_vendor_brcm_rpi3_scripts and that's resolved my "Unfortunately, Google Play store has stopped" message for now. The Play Store still won't self update and these appear to be the relevant log events.

Code:
09-08 06:16:30.951 D/DownloadManager( 4671): [1277] Finished with status SUCCESS
09-08 06:16:31.008 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.download.DownloadBroadcastReceiver.a(12): Intent received at DownloadBroadcastReceiver
09-08 06:16:31.011 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.download.n.a(116): com.android.vending: onProgress 18815483/18815483 Status: 200.
09-08 06:16:31.016 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.download.e.a(49): com.android.vending from 2 to 3.
09-08 06:16:31.017 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.download.n.e(144): com.android.vending: onComplete
09-08 06:16:31.017 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.download.n.i(89): Download com.android.vending removed from DownloadQueue
09-08 06:16:31.018 I/installd( 3807): free_cache(0) avail 25029062656
09-08 06:16:31.020 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.cc.a.f.onPostExecute(6): Self-update ready to be installed, waiting for market to close.
09-08 06:16:41.194 I/installd( 3807): free_cache(18815483) avail 25029054464
09-08 06:16:43.410 W/PackageManager( 6154): installPackageLI
09-08 06:16:43.431 I/art     ( 6154): Starting a blocking GC Explicit
09-08 06:16:43.533 I/art     ( 6154): Explicit concurrent mark sweep GC freed 152350(6MB) AllocSpace objects, 1(244KB) LOS objects, 33% free, 15MB/23MB, paused 1.684ms total 101.885ms
09-08 06:16:43.533 E/installd( 3807): Couldn't opendir /data/app/vmdl1199500518.tmp: No such file or directory
09-08 06:16:43.546 W/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.cc.a.n.onReceive(14): Unable to abandon session 1199500518: java.lang.SecurityException: Caller has no access to session 1199500518
09-08 06:16:43.546 E/Finsky  ( 7340): [1] com.google.android.finsky.cc.a.n.onReceive(27): Error -504 while installing com.android.vending: INSTALL_FAILED_PACKAGE_CHANGED: installPackageLI
09-08 06:18:02.318 I/Finsky  ( 7340): [769] com.google.android.finsky.flushlogs.FlushLogsReceiver$FlushLogsService.onHandleIntent(10): Flushing event logs for []
09-08 06:18:02.319 I/PlayCommon( 7340): [722] com.google.android.play.a.g.e(244): Preparing logs for uploading
09-08 06:18:02.319 W/art     ( 6359): Long monitor contention event with owner method=int libcore.io.Posix.readBytes(java.io.FileDescriptor, java.lang.Object, int, int) from Posix.java:4294967294 waiters=0 for 3.158s
09-08 06:18:02.328 I/PlayCommon( 7340): [770] com.google.android.play.a.g.e(244): Preparing logs for uploading
09-08 06:18:02.329 I/PlayCommon( 7340): [770] com.google.android.play.a.g.e(248): No file ready to send
09-08 06:18:02.339 D/su      ( 7455): sending code 
09-08 06:18:02.354 D/su      ( 7457): child exited 
09-08 06:18:02.354 D/su      ( 7458): client exited 0

As a final note and warning, using the RTAndroid update script requires editing the bash script to identify the proper TIMESTAMP="20170907" VERSION="6.0" and VARIANT="pico" which can be derived from the list: https://github.com/opengapps/arm/releases/

The final part of the script fails and causes a constant "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" after reboot which is fixed by enabling all "App Permissions" for the system app "Setup Wizard" (Contacts, Phone).

Last edited:

srclooney

Mar 28, 2007
There are a zip with root flashable across the stock recovery for amlogic devices try search it on google.

The metod now is very easy copy playstore or renamed playstore.apk to the system/priv app/folder of play store ....and reboot.

AgustinH

Oct 28, 2017
There are a zip with root flashable across the stock recovery for amlogic devices try search it on google.

The metod now is very easy copy playstore or renamed playstore.apk to the system/priv app/folder of play store ....and reboot.

but I must be rooted for that method right?

Dabolx

Mar 18, 2013
Kaunas
Hello, I have similar problem that Google play Store doesn't update itself on MXQ Pro 4K RK3229 Android 7 and I can't update even when installing from apk. I can only update it using root explorer and copying new version to system. I tried running adb logcat while running the update from apk and here is what it says:

11-23 01:38:19.098 515 541 D tangzh : ttttt forbid google play update!
11-23 01:38:19.098 515 541 W PackageManager: installPackageLI
11-23 01:38:19.159 183 183 E : Couldn't opendir /data/app/vmdl68316306.tmp: No such file or directory
11-23 01:38:19.185 3733 3733 D InstallAppProgress: Installation error code: 4

What is this "tangzh". Seems that it's blocking the update. Any one knows if it's possible to remove this block?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone