Question Google RCS paired with Samsung Messages

Search This thread

jawshdarnit

Oct 5, 2014
San Antonio
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to enable the Google RCS setup inside the Samsung Messages app for the snapdragon variants? I've used just the built-in activity launcher with nova to dissect the app a little and it's got quite a few built in options. Just curious if anyone was able to make it work in the US. So far I've only seen people from Europe get access.

johnp357

Jan 14, 2012
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rrivenllc.shieldx&hl=en&gl=US

Create an account
Enable device admin & knox
Go to app manager
look for IMS Settings
Open the mainactivity
Look for the RCS options there and enable it including its features.

so under RCS Config. mine says RCS Home Preference = Always connect, RCS Roaming Pre = Always connect?? it was already defaulted to this. does it mean that it should already work? doesn't seem like it thoug.??

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi sorry for the late reply.

From IMS Settings go to IMS Service Switch and enable RCS Switch and all the RCS sub section toggles at the bottom. And do that on both sim slots. You can switch by clicking the sim slot # at the upper right corner of the screen.

inpression

Jul 2, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've been struggling with RCS since I got the S21U, I can connect to both the Google messages app and the Samsung default app, but the RCS switches (main and sub-switches) on the IMS settings app won't stay turned on, as soon as I leave the page they turn to gray.

I've got all the multimedia telephony flags on and all are working fine, just the RCS flags won't stay up.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I've been struggling with RCS since I got the S21U, I can connect to both the Google messages app and the Samsung default app, but the RCS switches (main and sub-switches) on the IMS settings app won't stay turned on, as soon as I leave the page they turn to gray.

I've got all the multimedia telephony flags on and all are working fine, just the RCS flags won't stay up.
S21U Unlocked straight from Samsung.
RCS stuck in verifying.
I just turned it off.
I'll wait for Google to get its act together on this.
WhatsApp "just works".

inpression

Jul 2, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
S21U Unlocked straight from Samsung.
RCS stuck in verifying.
I just turned it off.
I'll wait for Google to get its act together on this.
WhatsApp "just works".
I don't think you understood my problem, RCS in google messages says connected, except I don't really have chat features. I can connect to Samsung messages too, but it still won't use chat features.

My problem is with the RCS flag on the IMS settings page, it won't stay on, I turn it on, simply switch SIM card from 1 to 2 to 1 and it's gray again. Everything else on the IMS settings is turned on and working, just the RCS flags won't stay on.

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I installed Google Messages and Carrier Services , chat connected and google messages works with all the RCS features.

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
Yea in the US, i wasn't aware of that part about carrier services though, I know it was needed on my pixel so I assumed it was needed on this as well.

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
I have a US S21U unlocked from direct from Samsung. I'm using Google messages. Most of my friends use iPhones, so I don't normally have an opportunity to test RCS. But a friend recently got a T-Mobile S21U, he's not a technical person, so I expect he's using whatever message app the carrier models default to, not sure if that's Samsung or Google. RCS just works between me & him.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I cant force them to work, google app stuck on veryfing number, samsung messages keep saying registration failed. Nice,
I'm facing the same issue.
I had it working and then it stopped working.
Try the RCS de-register thing. Disable RCS and then wait a week or so and then try again.
You can also try to call your carrier. I'll try that later as well.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Ee, managed to sort this out on my phone by after 100 times, but can't force it to work on my wife's s21. I thought it is not carrier relevant as it is goun through Google servers?
Same here. But, it ain't working for me here in the US either.
It was working for a short time but then it stopped.
May have been something I did.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to enable the Google RCS setup inside the Samsung Messages app for the snapdragon variants? I've used just the built-in activity launcher with nova to dissect the app a little and it's got quite a few built in options. Just curious if anyone was able to make it work in the US. So far I've only seen people from Europe get access.