• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google search lite

Search This thread

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
Not specifically an S8 app but I have just installed the test app of the new Google search lite. There is a write up here and the link to download is also in the article at the bottom.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Goo...rettier-and-probably-not-made-for-you_id97113

Its kind of cool and allows you to search one handed if needs be because the search is now at the bottom. It is in experimental phase but I haven't had any force crashes as of yet (fingers crossed) and it has an option to conserve data and therefore takes less time to load.

Its just a small change but I kind of like it! Anyone else tried?

PS when it asked language I went with the top option, Indonesian something or other but its English :cool: Allegedly it wont be officially available outside of Indonesia but the beauty of Android means we can do whatever the hell we want!! :D

Reactions: srdjanLeo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not specifically an S8 app but I have just installed the test app of the new Google search lite. There is a write up here and the link to download is also in the article at the bottom.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Goo...rettier-and-probably-not-made-for-you_id97113

Its kind of cool and allows you to search one handed if needs be because the search is now at the bottom. It is in experimental phase but I haven't had any force crashes as of yet (fingers crossed) and it has an option to conserve data and therefore takes less time to load.

Its just a small change but I kind of like it! Anyone else tried?

PS when it asked language I went with the top option, Indonesian something or other but its English :cool: Allegedly it wont be officially available outside of Indonesia but the beauty of Android means we can do whatever the hell we want!! :D